PDA

View Full Version : Is this right?

DeathKnight1728
01-03-2011, 05:50 PM
I just noticed right now under the demon war main page that it says: this is the 1st expansion. If that means what i think it does then.....oh yeah!!!

But seriously i think that this is a good sign :D

Nobear
01-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Well even if it's the only expansion, it'd still be true that it's the first. But yeah, Shadow seems to be on fire, I have hope :).

Shadow
01-03-2011, 05:59 PM
That's closer to me imposing my will on the rest of the universe. :) I hope that we can justify another expansion, whether or not it will happen or not might be a different story.

Ghost Matter
01-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Do you plan to stay indie for a while more? (as in not join a studio or team apart from Soldak)

Shadow
01-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Do you plan to stay indie for a while more? (as in not join a studio or team apart from Soldak)

I plan on staying an indie forever. :) I just need to figure out how to get closer to the salary I was making when I was working for a more typical developer. This last year did help with that.

Nobear
01-03-2011, 06:26 PM
You used to work for Ritual, right? The one game I really remember and loved from them was Heavy Metal: FAKK 2. To me, it was like Tomb Raider done right, with fluid movement, good graphics (for the time), humor and a lot of really trippy stuff. Were you working for them back then?

DeathKnight1728
01-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Well however we can help you achieve that im sure will get much better. More people to find out will always increase profit. Whenever i run into someone that is looking for an rpg to play i always mention it. Plus dedicated to gamers. I dont know, it would be different if it was a regular game but all the games are not :)

Shadow
01-03-2011, 07:30 PM
You used to work for Ritual, right? The one game I really remember and loved from them was Heavy Metal: FAKK 2. To me, it was like Tomb Raider done right, with fluid movement, good graphics (for the time), humor and a lot of really trippy stuff. Were you working for them back then?

Yep, I worked on FAKK2. The major thing I did in that game was the AI for all of the monsters.

Nobear
01-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Oh wow, no kidding! I remember a couple of the enemies were pretty clever and unusual. It's been a while, but if I remember correctly the skinny guys in gas masks were pretty tricky. Anyway, didn't mean to go off topic but that's a trip through memory lane.

Max_Powers
01-03-2011, 08:55 PM
I plan on staying an indie forever. :) I just need to figure out how to get closer to the salary I was making when I was working for a more typical developer. This last year did help with that.

Hang in there, Shadow. More and more people will catch-on that buying Indie is the way to go. I am sick and tired of getting the shaft from these big companies. They sell you an over-hyped POS that they somewhat fix in a patch later on, maybe. That's after charging you $50!

Pretty much every game that I have truly liked has been an Indie. Whether it be the Combat Mission series or Din's curse.