PDA

View Full Version : Sound suggestions (Tori Kamal?)

Nobear
01-03-2011, 07:12 PM
I'd like to start off by saying that I really love what you've done with some of the new ambiances in the Demon War dungeons. I like the occasional demonic voice, the constant sound of scampering insects or rattling bones, and the Middle Eastern type music of various new dungeons.

Now here are some things that I think should be improved:

1) The same sound plays for a text chat line being sent, as for a status update from the game world, as for a player logging on, and I'm not sure if I'm forgetting something else. The sound works well for a text chat line being sent, and I'd suggest keeping it for only this. Make a separate sound for each of the other things it's currently used for. When I'm playing Multiplayer, I currently find myself constantly closing out of things I'm doing (like vendoring items) just to see whether it's my buddy or whether it's a system message I can wait for.

Shadow, you can help this further by color coding player chat lines differently than the updates from the game world. Magenta, green or blue would all be good options familiar to WoW players :P.

2) Who else thinks Din sounds like Vera de Milo? Look her (him?) up on YouTube if you don't know who this is. Although, I'd classify this as funny and personally don't want it to change, just thought I'd point it out :P.

FloodSpectre
01-03-2011, 07:34 PM
I was just thinking today that the Undead Trumpet sound could stand to be improved, and here's a thread about sound suggestions. Convenient ;)