PDA

View Full Version : Request for imbalanced skill

DeathKnight1728
01-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Ive been using blood sacrifice skill from the demonologist tree and at first it wasnt a lot of health that you use but now-its alot! At lvl 7 skill i lose 14 health for each second times 10. Thats 140 health per casting. Now i know you can have multiple castings of blood sacrifice. Can you imagine having 2 lvl 20 blood sacrifices running. You dont even have that much health. Is there any way you can either make it 1.5 health instead of 2 and put the percent you gain for damage up cause right now its just not worth it. What about 12%? Or would that be too much.

Shadow
01-04-2011, 12:17 PM
I'll look at it.

Bak
02-05-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm missing something. Why would I chose to use Blood Sacrifice?

To get lvl 1 of blood sacrifice requires 4 skill points, takes a second to cast, and gives +10% damage for 10 seconds at a cost of 10 mana and 20 health (2 per second). I could instead get Impale to lvl 2 for 3 skill points, and get +20% critical/+36% damage at a cost of 8 mana per swing.

Maybe it makes more sense in a hybrid (like a paladin with regen, or healer), but the base demon hunter seems to be hurting for health (poor defense and moderate vitality gain) and has decent mana gain. This would appear to make Impale a much better bargain.

Edit: Aha, AoE attacks. Thanks DeathKnight, that gives me something to think about.

DeathKnight1728
02-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Its not very good and mostly just used with aoe attacks due to making the damage better. Without aoe its not very good. I would think making the amount of health you lose go to 1 per skill and the amount of damage maybe get raised. Your better bet is to take blood rage which costs 6 points however it doesnt cost any health and you can have 4 of them at once. I made a gladiator/demonologist which uses the cleave skill for aoe and impale for single target. When i need a boost in damage and someone hits me, not only does that give me mana (from gladiator class), it also gives a nice little damage boost that doesnt go up in mana.

DeathKnight1728
02-07-2011, 09:11 PM
I was just using the possession skill for the demonologist and this skill could be great like the stalker skill for the druid. You only get 15 seconds to use it however and a minute reuse time. Since that is the case would it be possible shadow if the amount of damage bonus increase you get be set to 10% per level. Now then since the possession skill is a bit more powerful than the stalker skill, give it a 1 second reuse time per level until 5. Then from that point on it would increase to 2 seconds added per level. This would make increasing the points interesting since what do you want more, lots of damage, or being able to use the skill more often.

I know that there is going to be some downtime shadow, but would this be a reasonable request? I dont know about how hard this would be to implement but it would definitely be cool if there was a reasonable other summoning class other than the druid :)

DeathKnight1728
02-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Shadow i know that twohanded weapon mastery is nice but will staves and maces ever get under that category as well? It is twohanded weapon mastery and it would be cool since staves wont get a mastery in dins.

Shadow
02-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Shadow i know that twohanded weapon mastery is nice but will staves and maces ever get under that category as well? It is twohanded weapon mastery and it would be cool since staves wont get a mastery in dins.

Both of those were added to 2 handed mastery a few patches back.

Bak
02-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Both of those were added to 2 handed mastery a few patches back.

Do bows count as 2 handed weapons? :D

Shadow
02-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Do bows count as 2 handed weapons? :D

No, just the melee two handers.

DeathKnight1728
02-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Oh cool. Thanks shadow, that's really good news. I dont know how i missed reading that under the changes page.