PDA

View Full Version : Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

udm
01-04-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm surprised no one's mentioned this here. Anyone bought it/played it? What did you think of it?

I was really surprised by how addictive this game is. I had been playing it for 5 hours straight, but couldn't carry on with the marathon because it was making me really hungry. Yup for obvious reasons, the game's as addictive as it is powerful in influencing your appetite :D

(really, it's an awesome game)

dnuggs40
01-05-2011, 11:00 AM
I hear the game is cool but personally I can't get past how stupid it looks. Yes that's pretty shallow but honestly that art style (anime or whatever you want to call it) is just the pits for my tastes.

Glad you are enjoying the game though, always nice to find something fun to play :p

udm
01-05-2011, 01:55 PM
The writing is very good though. If you can get past the art style, there are some really funny (static) dialogues in there. Honestly, I was quite surprised at the quality of the translation, since the game originated from Japan and was only translated by a third party (Carpe Fulgur).

Archon
01-05-2011, 08:21 PM
I really enjoy Recettear and am glad to hear about a sequel in the works. The game plays much like a wonderful cross between Legend of Zelda: A link to the past and any number of casual business tycoon games. I give it four out of five Yayifications!

udm
01-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Only four out of five? I would like to procure six.

(Arma is awesome)