PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer question and feature request

Kruztee
01-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Is there a console command that I can use to display my ping to a game hosted on the internet?

And while on the subject, since there are never more than 2 or 3 (at the very most) multiplayer games going on at once, can we do away with the region select function for internet games. It's really cumbersome to have to cycle through all 4 to check for a running game. Just have them all in the same pool with (if possible) a ping time next to the server name?

Aet
01-05-2011, 10:44 AM
And if not possible, could there at least be one consolidation screen that specifies status (ie if a game is currently ongoing or not) of the four server sections? Last night I was playing with two fellows from Canada and Australia (USA myself) on the US East server. No lag issues (though I didn't question the Aussie about their performance)... just the need to cycle through each of the four server sectors in order to find the game in the first place.

Shadow
01-05-2011, 10:52 AM
There isn't any ping stuff in the game currently.

Ghost Matter
01-05-2011, 11:29 AM
And if not possible, could there at least be one consolidation screen that specifies status (ie if a game is currently ongoing or not) of the four server sections? Last night I was playing with two fellows from Europe and Australia (North America myself) on the US East server without any lag issues... just the need to cycle through each of the four server sectors in order to find the game in the first place.

Montréal is in North America :)

We could create games on a specific server but, when joining games, it should show ALL games and, near the name, what server it's on.

Aet
01-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Montréal is in North America :)

Sorry! Couldn't remember which country you'd named, and the screenshot had failed me. Knew that timezone wasn't right anyhow, only being an hour away...

We could create games on a specific server but, when joining games, it should all games and, by the name, what server it's on.

Ooh, even better.

Nobear
01-06-2011, 04:37 PM
I have vouched for this before and am signing this petition. I agree with showing the region in parentheses next to the name, if you want to keep this feature. I personally don't care where my buddies are in the world, as long as I'm playing with someone and the lag is good.

I only ever play solo when I'm either organizing my items, or I don't have time to play a full town. Multiplayer is huge for me, and it seems to be getting a revival of interest since Demon War.

fiesher
01-06-2011, 06:21 PM
(Nods)

I love Multi-Player, even with my Single-Player Game resetting after each MP; I would still like to MP.

1 Main (Common) Room to show the games going on, so players can see if there is any activity to be had.

With the consolidated games under a single screen, this will in turn promote Multi-Play Sessions as crowds breed crowds, which works well for the community (seeing many games in progress at the same time); some sorta like a Battlenet-Lite.

/signed