PDA

View Full Version : Stamp out the Infestation: Optional please

Baki
01-06-2011, 09:23 AM
In my opinion this quest is just boring and a waste of time. Please make it optional.

Tar Palantir
01-06-2011, 11:43 AM
The problem is if you switched of that quest you wouldn't be able to get the prices back to normal when the food costs are really high. Though I do agree that this quest is tough, i find killing 15 critters harder than killing 15 normal mobs.

Baki
01-06-2011, 11:49 AM
if you would want the food prices back to normal you could still do that quest. normally i do that quest when all others are completed anyways.

Drastic
01-06-2011, 12:17 PM
My suggestion would be to change the format of the quest from "run around and squish" to requiring going into the dungeon. Similar to needing to go and destroy a darkness machine or whatnot, but rather, get down to level N and destroy the Infestation Machine. Or an ingredient-gather quest so the town apothecary can mix up a batch of roach motels, something of that nature.

Sinister Stairs
01-06-2011, 12:18 PM
I like the mini-game format. The game already has a zillion "go into the dungeon and kill/find X" quests.

Tar Palantir
01-06-2011, 12:38 PM
I would definitively leave the quest like it is now, because the fact that it is so tough make it interesting. When the town is infested by critters it adds a little challenge to complete on the side as something that normally has little impact when left unattended, can be quite serious if coupled with a lost food shipment (I had an increase of a few hundred percents on food once and i could feel the difference when stocking up).

icecube
01-06-2011, 03:53 PM
If it is to be left as it is, can the black bugs be changed or limited to brightly lit towns?
I had a town where the grass was dark green and was rather dark. It made finding the black bugs (were they spiders?), very hard.

Ghost Matter
01-06-2011, 04:21 PM
I like it but there should be a limit on the number of bugs/spiders. Just FIVE can take a whole lotta time. Maybe they could appear on the minimap? One problem is that the bugs can run out of the town walls. Bugs in dungeon should also count.

Adding a second option to save the good is a good idea too!

Nobear
01-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Bugs in dungeon should also count.

I think this is the best option. The dungeon is often full of the same kinds of critters, and you end up accidentally killing them anyway as you run around down there. It would make it no longer an anti-climactic "Oh I've killed all the huge and deadly bosses, now I'm prepared to spend a lot of time doing something that poses no physical threat to me whatsoever."

Emceegyver
02-05-2011, 07:15 PM
I think it should be left the way it is mechanically (walking on the bugs in town) but either a) require less of them or (more appriopriate to the name) spawn a lot more of the critters, so it actually appears to be an infestation.

My suggestion is to make this an "urgent" quest, make there be a ton of the bugs, they should have a chance of hurting or poisoning the npcs if they are within range, and you should need to kill a lot of them (15-25, keep in mind they should be all around). Better rewards to go with it of course :P

PixelLord
02-05-2011, 07:59 PM
I just accept the quest and kill one or two every time I'm back in town. It's easy that way.

Bak
02-05-2011, 08:18 PM
I just accept the quest and kill one or two every time I'm back in town. It's easy that way.

Same as PixelLord.

spacehog
02-05-2011, 11:55 PM
I kind of like squishing the bugs. Quite satisfying. Neat quest.