PDA

View Full Version : Vendor happiness suggestion

Sinister Stairs
01-06-2011, 12:09 PM
It'd be nice if buying from (possibly selling to) vendors could slightly improve their happiness -- particularly in worlds where the modifier is High Unemployment ("People in this town have less opportunities to make money.")

Another idea would be if buying/selling could affect the NPC's personal money, although granted most vendors would be broke considering the buy/sell ratio of adventurers. ;)

Max_Powers
01-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Doh! I thought it would have already been the way you are suggesting - especially in regard to a vendors personal wealth. I mean, they are a vendor, they should be making money somewhere, somehow. They should be looking to you as their cash cow, and should(after a while)be able to afford better pretties to sell(at a steal!;))to you, their favorite customer.

Hmmm, this brings up the idea that vendors might could sell to the town folk(at a much higher rate than if they were selling to you). Imagine, a townperson saving up to buy that bad ass weapon or armor that they then use to try and kill some other town folk with:D

FloodSpectre
01-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Hmmm, this brings up the idea that vendors might could sell to the town folk(at a much higher rate than if they were selling to you). Imagine, a townperson saving up to buy that bad ass weapon or armor that they then use to try and kill some other town folk with:D

Definitely liking that idea! As we can't equip them with weaponry, maybe they could buy their own? :)

Ghost Matter
01-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Definitely liking that idea! As we can't equip them with weaponry, maybe they could buy their own? :)

ooooh! I thought of that one and forgot it! I mean, what else are townspeople buying at the weaponsmith? They could also get cool items from gambling! :P

Sinister Stairs
01-07-2011, 10:18 AM
ooooh! I thought of that one and forgot it! I mean, what else are townspeople buying at the weaponsmith? They could also get cool items from gambling! :P

That could lead to another town quest -- townspeople addicted to gambling/broke with a mob out to collect. :)