PDA

View Full Version : Single-Player Town Reset Bug after Multi-Player Action?

fiesher
01-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Hi all,

I have been playing Din's Curse Demon War Multi-Player (Hardcore) which is a blast, but I have noticed whenever I go back to my Single-Player Town Session, my Quests reset (turns blank) and all the Teleport Gates revert to Unopened status.

I really like the Multi-Player Mode once in a while, so please fix this if it is unintended, as replaying a town can be quite frustrating (especially in a 12+level Dungeon) as we will have to map from the start again.

icecube
01-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Someone mentioned this in another thread too, but it's not connected to multiplayer games. It seems that if you save and quit the game while you're in town, when you resume it'll all be 'reset.' Someone said that saving while you're in the dungeon prevents the reset, but that hasn't worked for me.

fiesher
01-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Hmm, I will have to try that and see the result.

My Single-Player Sessions work fine, even if I save and quit the game when I am in town. For me, it only does the reset bug after a Multi-Player session.

Shadow
01-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Someone mentioned this in another thread too, but it's not connected to multiplayer games. It seems that if you save and quit the game while you're in town, when you resume it'll all be 'reset.' Someone said that saving while you're in the dungeon prevents the reset, but that hasn't worked for me.

That was a bug that is hopefully fixed in 1.013.

My Single-Player Sessions work fine, even if I save and quit the game when I am in town. For me, it only does the reset bug after a Multi-Player session.

This is because which quests and gates you have are stored in your player, but when you go into multiplayer you have a completely different list of quests/gates. What you suggest would be better, but I'm not sure its feasible.

Nobear
01-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Have a separate file for single vs multiplayer. Probably easier said than done.