PDA

View Full Version : After 1.013 patch, cannot log onto Multiplayer (DirectConnect/Internet)?

fiesher
01-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi all,

Is anyone having the same trouble as me trying to connect to a Multiplayer Game online? I cannot join the current game (Low_Lvl Xpac) that is being hosted, and me and my brother cannot direct connect for a Multiplayer game as well.

We were doing fine before the 1.013 patch, anyone with insight on this?

Aet
01-08-2011, 12:53 PM
That may have been my fault - I was hosting the game, and at one point when switching to another application saw the window that had been silently sitting in the background asking if I'd like Din's Curse to allow incoming connections from the internet.

This is a pet peeve of mine, and something I'm not sure Shadow can do anything about. I have already added Din's Curse (the application itself) to the OS's firewall entries to Allow connections, and yet for some reason it still thinks it needs to ask me when [I suspect] someone is trying to join a multiplayer game I have hosted. Which of course, is no help since I'm already playing fullscreen and won't even see the Accept/Deny window until xx minutes later when I pause the game and switch out of fullscreen. I'm not sure if I need to update my firewall entry every time I update to the latest beta, or what. This is not the only fullscreen application I have this problem with, and I'd rather avoid disabling the firewall entirely if possible.

Running Mac OS X 10.6.5, Din's Curse 1.013 with Demon Expansion

Chex Warrior
01-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Yeah I've gotten some strange multiplayer problems too, but they seem to come and go. Every once and a while I can't make local servers without the game crashing.

fiesher
01-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Ahh,

Grr.. But I still cannot Direct Connect on a Local Lan yet after 1.013. Will test out a Public Game again later.

Nobear
01-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Aet: I have Mac OS 10.6.5 too. I don't use the firewall, but I turned it on to see if I could help. Do you have it set to

a) block all incoming connections
b) automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections
c) enable stealth mode

and have the Din's Curse application added in the Advanced screen?

Maybe this info would help Shadow or someone else diagnose it, just a thought.

First, I'd recommend taking Din's Curse off and then adding it back on in the Advanced screen, to see if that helps.

An important question: does Din's Curse rely on any other application to do it's internet connectivity, which should also be allowed in the firewall?

Aet
01-08-2011, 04:06 PM
a) block all incoming connections
No.
b) automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections
Yes.
c) enable stealth mode
No.

Din's Curse application added in the Advanced screen?
Yes.

First, I'd recommend taking Din's Curse off and then adding it back on in the Advanced screen, to see if that helps.
I did just do that this morning (after running into this problem), and did host a game today where two people successfully joined. Perhaps I do just need to remove and re-add Dins every time I update it.

Shadow
01-09-2011, 11:20 AM
An important question: does Din's Curse rely on any other application to do it's internet connectivity, which should also be allowed in the firewall?

No.

I did just do that this morning (after running into this problem), and did host a game today where two people successfully joined. Perhaps I do just need to remove and re-add Dins every time I update it.

I don't know about your specific firewall, but I know things like ZoneAlarm will make you click allow on each new version of the exe.