PDA

View Full Version : Mods don't function anymore

FreelancerMG
07-06-2014, 06:34 AM
It would seem as though mods don't work anymore as they now require a call in database.dbl file and I can't figure out how to properly call the file. Just dropping files into the assets file no longer does anything as the game just loads whatever is in database.dbl and I have no idea how to force the game to generate a new one with the new files present. I have no idea if this was always there or what, but this kind of makes mods impossible.

Shadow
07-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Database files don't have to be in database.dbl. That file just forces database files to be loaded in a specific order which makes it easier for me to organize things and still have them load in the order needed.

FreelancerMG
07-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Database files don't have to be in database.dbl. That file just forces database files to be loaded in a specific order which makes it easier for me to organize things and still have them load in the order needed.

On the steam version, the game intermittently calls only assets 1-3 but then wont even look at whatever else is in the assets folder. Sometimes it'll work, but most of the time, the game just outright ignores it. I don't know if it's a side effect of the last patch that rolled through on steam and if it somehow killed some functionality on how the game reads and loads asset files?

Shadow
08-04-2014, 04:29 PM
I can't reproduce any problems with mods on the Steam version. It works fine on the mods I tried.

Is it possible that you have multiple mods that are causing problems with one another?