PDA

View Full Version : Explosion range?

Bluddy
01-09-2011, 05:26 AM
Just bought the game and loving it. On patch 1.013.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but blowing up explosive barrels from a distance (as a fire mage) hurts me even if I'm quite far from any animation of explosion or fire. Is this intended behavior?

Caal
01-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Yes it is. Depending on the intensity of the explosion, you can take damage even at some distance away. That's one of the great things about DC - you have to think twice about what you destroy.

Chex Warrior
01-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Watch yourself as a fire mage, I've definitely killed many friends (and myself) by lighting everything on fire -especially those damn barrels that CAN kill you fifty feet away.

Bluddy
01-09-2011, 10:30 AM
I appreciate the 'realism' of taking damage a certain radius away from the explosives -- something like a backdraft. However, I think there should be a visible indication of the distance that's affected, whether that's an actual fire or a heat wave animation of some sort. Otherwise the player has no idea what to avoid, and that causes frustration.

Shadow
01-09-2011, 11:10 AM
I appreciate the 'realism' of taking damage a certain radius away from the explosives -- something like a backdraft. However, I think there should be a visible indication of the distance that's affected, whether that's an actual fire or a heat wave animation of some sort. Otherwise the player has no idea what to avoid, and that causes frustration.

Yeah. I need to go update the effects to match the radius better.