PDA

View Full Version : No need to set Legend rarity?

jeremyosborne
01-10-2011, 02:01 AM
The .gdb files for named, unique items all seem to explicitly set one of the following:

Set
Unique
Artifact

But I cannot find a Legendary rarity explicitly set on any item. An example: Tores Boots, which one of my characters picked up.

Is there ever a need to explicitly set a Legendary rarity on an item, as there does seem to be for Unique and Artifact in the .gdb files?

Does any Unique or Artifact item have a chance of being promoted to an item of Legendary status?

Magitek
01-10-2011, 02:08 AM
The .gdb files for named, unique items all seem to explicitly set one of the following:

Set
Unique
Artifact

But I cannot find a Legendary rarity explicitly set on any item. An example: Tores Boots, which one of my characters picked up.

Is there ever a need to explicitly set a Legendary rarity on an item, as there does seem to be for Unique and Artifact in the .gdb files?

Does any Unique or Artifact item have a chance of being promoted to an item of Legendary status?

Legendary items are artifact items + one magic modifier I believe, which is why you don't see any.

jeremyosborne
01-10-2011, 02:25 AM
Legendary items are artifact items + one magic modifier I believe, which is why you don't see any.

What I'm curious about is where the game itself defines Legendary. The chances for legendary spawns, and "how many additional mods" can be granted to the item I gleaned (totally deduction based, of course) from the Database/systems.gdb file.

What I can't figure out is which items the game chooses to "promote" to Legend status.

Can all uniques be promoted?

Or does an item have to be defined as an artifact to be promoted?

Shadow
01-10-2011, 10:58 AM
The game automatically builds legendary items from all of the artifacts.