PDA

View Full Version : Empty Vials

spacehog
01-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Is there a chance to fail at collecting something in an empty vial? Or are there certain puddles than cannot be collected in vials? I have primarily only had success collecting magma puddles. Often times I end up wasting a vial on some of the other types of puddles, to no avail.

Nobear
01-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Magma and oil are the two kinds I've seen that yield something good. They both yield Flame Weapon or whatever that gives your melee attacks fire damage. Ice patches only yield water, as in the lowest level drink.

spacehog
01-10-2011, 11:45 PM
That makes sense. I probably didn't notice additional waters in my bags since I was expecting other types of weapon enhancements.

Caal
01-11-2011, 12:50 AM
What I've seen is that filling a vial at an oil slick, magma, or oil barrel will give the flame powerup, filling at a acid pool gives the acid powerup, filling at a poison barrel gives the poison powerup, filling from alcohol pools or barrels have given me a couple of different alcohol-based mana drinks.

Roswitha
01-11-2011, 10:53 AM
What I've seen is that filling a vial at an oil slick, magma, or oil barrel will give the flame powerup, filling at a acid pool gives the acid powerup, filling at a poison barrel gives the poison powerup, filling from alcohol pools or barrels have given me a couple of different alcohol-based mana drinks.

Interesting. I didn't realize that you could fill it from a barrel without breaking it (the barrel) first.

caldazar
01-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Interesting. I didn't realize that you could fill it from a barrel without breaking it (the barrel) first.

Nor did I. I will have to tap some kegs, as it were.

kerzain
01-11-2011, 05:11 PM
I noticed that if there are several instances of a substance (multiple pools of the same liquid tiled on or near each other) it is difficult/impossible to fill a vial from any of the pools.

Also, I haven't created any vials of anything beyond what Caal has mentioned so far.

Roswitha
01-11-2011, 05:59 PM
I noticed that if there are several instances of a substance (multiple pools of the same liquid tiled on or near each other) it is difficult/impossible to fill a vial from any of the pools.

That's funny. I didn't have a problem. But I tended to click on the spots toward the outer edge of the pool.