PDA

View Full Version : boss on different location

shahreza
07-25-2014, 12:41 AM
I did take a quest to kill boss and on quest screen it show system1(forgot system name) and when I search for its location its not on system1 and pointer showing on system2 far outside the system2 boundary.. is this bug or what?

Tuidjy
07-25-2014, 01:56 AM
It is a bug. He is in the system where the rumored location marker appears.

It is not always a bug - sometimes monsters get caught in a unstable wormhole, or go through a stable one, and then they just end up elsewhere... but sometimes the system is just wrong in the quest description.

It happens for other quests as well, and as long as you can pay for the rumored location, you are OK. The problem is with delivery (weapons, diplomats, nukes) quests, and with fleet destruction quests, because the former are sometimes just broken, and you cannot get a rumored location for the latter.

shahreza
07-25-2014, 04:42 AM
But the quest marker show outside the system and like 5minute traveling and when I arrive there there is none and when I search again it show much more far than the first one..

Tuidjy
07-25-2014, 02:29 PM
Oh, this is rotten luck. The kind that happens with a procedurally generated universe.

Here is what happened: The boss got into a fight with one or two monster ships that are hostile to its ship type. (Every boss has a ship type, and shares weapons, tactics and allegiance with the monster ships of that type)

The boss got battered, and some ship types tend to retreat. Or maybe he entered "withdraw after firing a missile" mode, and the target blew up before he turned around. So now he is just flying away, and will never stop. It's not worth chasing him.

It will, unfortunately, keep being a pain: he will send invasion waves, he will install sub-bosses, etc... but you can still win the sector without killing him.

It happens. This game is extremely complex, and there are a ton of things that happen and are not 'fair' at all. It does not bother me, I just take it as extra challenge. Fortunately, none of them really destroy my enjoyment of the game. One exception: Dial the Drox involvement to minimum unless you are willing to lose sectors by failing impossible quests through no fault of your own.

shahreza
07-25-2014, 10:36 PM
Oh, this is rotten luck. The kind that happens with a procedurally generated universe.

Here is what happened: The boss got into a fight with one or two monster ships that are hostile to its ship type. (Every boss has a ship type, and shares weapons, tactics and allegiance with the monster ships of that type?

The boss got battered, and some ship types tend to retreat. Or maybe he entered "withdraw after firing a missile" mode, and the target blew up before he turned around. So now he is just flying away, and will never stop. It's not worth chasing him.

It will, unfortunately, keep being a pain: he will send invasion waves, he will install sub-bosses, etc... but you can still win the sector without killing him.

It happens. This game is extremely complex, and there are a ton of things that happen and are not 'fair' at all. It does not bother me, I just take it as extra challenge. Fortunately, none of them really destroy my enjoyment of the game. One exception: Dial the Drox involvement to minimum unless you are willing to lose sectors by failing impossible quests through no fault of your own.

Oh sweet n thank you for the answer