PDA

View Full Version : 1.014 bugs

Sinister Stairs
01-13-2011, 04:54 PM
I didn't post this to the DW forum because it's been around as long as I can remember:

When you leave town, you still remain in the game: I accidentally hit the Leave flashing icon while fighting, hit Esc out of habit to close the screen (see below), and that made me leave the world. While on the Create World screen, I hear my weapon connect with the monster I was fighting, several grunts from my character, then I get the Death screen while I'm in the midst of trying to Create World.

The Leave town icon should default to Stay if you hit escape, not Leave. (I'll see if I can fix this in a mod which I'll post to the forum.)

Sinister Stairs
01-13-2011, 05:00 PM
I should also add if you re-enter the game after Leaving a town, you're presented with the Create World screen but you return to where you left off.

e.g. After dying in the scenario above, I did exitWithoutSave and logged back into the game. I'm presented the Create World screen, but I hear the same combat noises, and a few seconds later I'm dead again while at the Create World Screen.

I assume there's some technical reason why I must remain in the world even after I've left, so a quick fix would be to simply do an auto-teleport stone recharge/teleport when a character has Left town. That would at least get the player out of the dungeon after they've left town, and mostly safe unless they get struck by lightning or something. :)

pnakotus
01-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Leaving should probably be linked to Din in town, rather than the flashing UI element anyway.

Sinister Stairs
01-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Re: hitting Esc and leaving town instead of closing the window/staying in town:

In ConfirmWin2.mnu there is a hotKey Escape for both the Leave and Stay buttons. IMO, the the hotKey should be removed for Leave.

Shadow
01-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Is fixed in version 1.015.

ebarstad
01-17-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm new to Din's Curse so I'm not sure if this has been reported. I'm running 1.014 with the expansion on Mac (Snow Leopard). I'm playing a Necromancer/Ice Mage and I find that occasionally merchants in dungeons or in town will attack my raised skeletons. It doesn't happen often (twice so far) and the town has only gone after the skeleton, not my character.

Other than that, my experience with the beta has been awesome! Really glad I picked it up. Thanks!

Caal
01-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Welcome to the forums - and yes that's a known bug (it can happen with any summons).

ebarstad
01-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Ok, I think I found another one.

I just finished saving a town but the Steward still had a two quests left (kill seven monsters and recharge Teleport Stone), so I decided to do them. When I returned to the Steward to complete the quests, I got the message:

"has left you a gift in the center of town"

There was no name in the message and no gift chest in town.

edit: Thanks for the welcome, Caal.

Zab
01-17-2011, 10:08 PM
I've encountered a few bugs, not sure if they've been mentioned before:

- Once when I loaded a saved game, the gates are all inactive.

- Machines making other machines in the way that bosses do.

- You can equip an item after gaining the required stats from potions, but are able to keep it after the potion wears off.

Roswitha
01-17-2011, 10:21 PM
I've encountered a few bugs, not sure if they've been mentioned before:

- Machines making other machines in the way that bosses do.

- You can equip an item after gaining the required stats from potions, but are able to keep it after the potion wears off.

The first two are known bugs; the third appears to be a feature. :)

Shadow
01-18-2011, 10:33 AM

Unless I have a bug I don't know of this is related to going back and forth between single player and multiplayer games. Your character can only store known gates for one world at a time.