PDA

View Full Version : Summons and text overload

abomination5
01-14-2011, 11:47 AM
When I have a lot of summons the summon UI overlaps with the chat UI. This makes it difficult to chat with other players or see what's happening in town. I'm sure this is on your list but is there any chance of it being fixed for the expansion? I actually rarely use the summon UI so if it could be completely removed with a hotkey that would be great.

Shadow
01-14-2011, 01:55 PM
It's on my list of things to do something about.

pnakotus
01-14-2011, 03:01 PM
After playing a pile of 3-4 player multi, I have a bunch of suggestions about how information is given to players. The chat window gives people a lot of problems due to the size, the way messages 'age', the reverse reading order, the large font, and the minimal color-coding. Especially at the start of a new town, half the screen on 1680x1050 will be the chat window. In general, I guess the UI just needs to be higher res.

Rearranging the information for summoned creatures should reduce their footprint, but just moving them into the widescreen space should prevent them overlapping. I'll kick up a mockup, if you like.

EDIT - reducing the information for summoned creatures and changing the font size gives pretty good results. The summoned guys don't really need the rank text since they have the colour and the status effects letting the player know, but that's a minor thing. Sorry about the horrible black box in the middle (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/pnakotus/dcuidemo.jpg).