PDA

View Full Version : Mage question

Inspired
01-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Would Deadly aim or True blessing increase the critical chance of spells if I hybrid a mage with one or the other?

DeathKnight1728
01-14-2011, 11:33 PM
I checked this myself for the assassin and shaman builds and unfortunately it doesnt work with it. Magic critical hit is what you look for and i think that the magician has something that increases that and magic crushing blow for a short time. It should probably be made a little better as i dont think anyone uses it unless im mistaken.

Nobear
01-15-2011, 01:57 AM
Capping your crit rate is so easy as a mage, all you need is one +crit item. In fact, it makes sense to cap crit with any character except maybe a priest. I'd like to see those temporary crit chance talents turned to something else. The Magician one in particular could have the crit part changed to spell damage.

Manumitted
01-15-2011, 02:43 AM
Capping your crit rate is so easy as a mage, all you need is one +crit item. In fact, it makes sense to cap crit with any character except maybe a priest. I'd like to see those temporary crit chance talents turned to something else. The Magician one in particular could have the crit part changed to spell damage.

So easy? "All" you need is one +300% Crit item and at least 200 INT, you mean. A maxed 250 INT makes it slightly easier, with the item needing "only" +233% Crit. With two +Crit items averaging +200% Crit, you only need 150 INT, or 200 INT with two +150% Crit items (Fryse's Blue Ring).

The game doesn't give out these triple-figure +Crit items like party favors, especially in types usable by a mage. Most +Crit weapons aren't staves. Nobody's likely to reach 100% Crit before L30,* and it's likely to take two +Crit items before L50 or so.

Not everyone has the L80+ characters that make your idea a bit easier.

*An all-out effort might do it at L26 with 121 INT, two Fryse Blue Rings, an Assassin Belt, and Tore's Gloves (+485% Crit total). It's unlikely to find a +260% Crit weapon to combine with Ridit's Necklace (+40% Crit, L21 required) to replace the FBRs (L26 required) at L21 or however soon one can muster the 121 INT.

Nobear
01-15-2011, 04:58 AM
I've had maxed Int since before 50, and at 67 with a -cast time/+crit staff I have actually reduced my Int to the point that I have 250 base Vit and some into Dex even. Remember that the total of a stat can go far beyond 250, without limit, and that if you gear appropriately you'll get a ton if Int from gear, so you won't need to assign that much. I've found myself actually reducing my Int as I level, because with even a small fraction of my slots with mana regen gear, and maxed -cast time, I don't run out of mana spamming spells.

Anyway, a good talent should be good throughout the levels. Spell damage instead of crit for a temporary ability would make it useful for 50+ as well.

gymcandy655d
01-19-2011, 09:33 AM
It makes sense to cap crit with any character except maybe a priest. :)