PDA

View Full Version : 1.015 Bug Thread

FloodSpectre
01-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Started up 1.015 and immediately noticed something odd. I have a character I started a new town with in 1.013 but hadn't started playing until just now, and I noticed my Teleport Stone started out with no charge. There's no way i could have used it already because, as I stated, this is a new town.

Nobear
01-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Now, the word 'Hard' is obstructed in the world creation screen.

Zab
01-19-2011, 10:55 PM
After starting a new town, the game immediately thinks I've saved it, complete with a "most impressive kill" from the last town.

icecube
01-19-2011, 11:20 PM
This isn't a 1.0.5 related bug, but one that happened a couple times before that I forgot to mention here.

My "Stats" for my characters sometimes reset. I think it's related to multiplayer because I usually notice it during or after playing a multiplayer game.
Sometimes my whole "Stats" record will be wiped (everything from towns, kills, deaths, to quests solved and failed), or recently only a few of the records were wiped (towns saved, lost, abandoned).

FloodSpectre
01-20-2011, 10:58 PM
When selling items to vendors, the mouse-over text that says "Press space... to sell" should probably change to reflect any alterations I've made to the default key bindings.

fiesher
01-21-2011, 04:14 PM
I played my Necromancer after patching to 1.015 and started leveling in a multi-player town. In the one and a half hours that I played, my minions (Skeletons) inexplicably vanished randomly, leaving me defenseless.

It was quite irritating, not to mention downright fatal for my hardcore character, as the disappearance act can happen anytime (once, they vanished as I ported into a level gate, almost killing me.) The only clue you get is that their names and stats no longer show on the left of the screen.

It is also time-consuming to re-summon all the skeletons again (especially the rare Elites and Champions).

Is it a new 1.015 bug? Anyone else with this?

jeremyosborne
01-21-2011, 08:02 PM
I played my Necromancer after patching to 1.015 and started leveling in a multi-player town. In the one and a half hours that I played, my minions (Skeletons) inexplicably vanished randomly, leaving me defenseless.

It was quite irritating, not to mention downright fatal for my hardcore character, as the disappearance act can happen anytime (once, they vanished as I ported into a level gate, almost killing me.) The only clue you get is that their names and stats no longer show on the left of the screen.

It is also time-consuming to re-summon all the skeletons again (especially the rare Elites and Champions).

Is it a new 1.015 bug? Anyone else with this?

I noticed this with my Raise Dead summoned monsters in 1.014. I didn't mention it because it always happened during fights, but I did find it odd that my fully leveled up Scavengers would occasionally disappear. I thought they just ran into a monster, but now that you've mentioned this, this does make me think my Scavengers were not actually dying but disappearing.

pnakotus
01-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Are these characters that you had in vanilla DC? My necromancer ended up with spells that did very strange things (like unlimited summons of whatever died last) after I upgraded. It settled down with 1.014 though.

TNoyce
01-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Not certain if this is new or not, but was curious why the items like food show 6000 in yellow in their description?

The remainder of the text appears to make sense..

Nobear
01-21-2011, 11:05 PM
It's unique to food. It cures 6000 hunger, which you only have to worry about if you select "Hunger Mode" when you first create a character. It's not a bug though.

jeremyosborne
01-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Are these characters that you had in vanilla DC? My necromancer ended up with spells that did very strange things (like unlimited summons of whatever died last) after I upgraded. It settled down with 1.014 though.

I have 4 characters that I play, all of them started before I loaded the Din's Curse expansion. One of the characters is a pure Conjurer, the other is a Necromancer/Weaponmaster. I saw what could potentially be the disappearing monster problem with 1.014. I'm going to have some free time to upgrade to 1.015 and play this weekend, we'll see if the disappearing monster problem is still there.

fiesher
01-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Oh, please do check it out.

I dare not load my Hardcore Necromancer/Healer anymore since yesterday as the bug hit me three times yesterday since 1.015, and is potentially fatal for me.

jeremyosborne
01-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Oh, please do check it out.

I dare not load my Hardcore Necromancer/Healer anymore since yesterday as the bug hit me three times yesterday since 1.015, and is potentially fatal for me.

I just played through a town on 1.016 with my necro/weaponmaster. I didn't notice any problems with either:

* Townspeople, in the dungeon or in the town, attacking my summons.
* Disappearing summons.

The ability in 1.016 to heal my pets by visiting din's altar is awesome. It's not as overpowered as it might seem since getting into town is always time consuming, but it really helps in getting a beachhead on levels packed with monsters.