PDA

View Full Version : Fan Day!

Delilah Rehm
01-20-2011, 12:19 PM
I've been trying to convince Steven to hold a fan day and I've almost pulled him to the dark side. :D I'm thinking we'd do it sometime in early April somewhere in North Dallas, Texas.

Is anyone interested in attending such an event? We wouldn't be selling anything. It'd just be a chance to meet and talk with Steven and possibly others who've worked on the games.

I have no idea how many folks would attend such an event. 12? ;) Anyone have any ideas on a good place to meet? My only thought thus far is Starbucks.

caldazar
01-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Fan Day is an awesome idea - if I lived anywhere remotely close to you guys, I'd be there - but Upstate NY is a bit of a haul ;)

Tar Palantir
01-20-2011, 03:29 PM
I would also come but the trip from Europe is a long (and expensive) one :(

PS: instead of a Starbucks i'll suggest you go to some sort of amusement park, much more fun

DeathKnight1728
01-20-2011, 05:00 PM
I would be more than glad to go but i live in nj and thats quite a big trek. If it was in new york or a state closer i would. It really sucks cause i would really like to go.

jeremyosborne
01-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Fan day == yes

Even though I'm going to jump on the "it's too far away" bandwagon, I'd like to clarify that I wouldn't even go visit my favorite hot actress of the moment were she having a fan day.

That said, I have an idea:

I know Steven is under a time crunch most of the time. I can relate, I'm a programmer and if deadlines aren't present, bugs are calling my name.

What about a virtual fan day? What if Steven hosts a game of din's curse and we all get to play with him, and the others who have been developing the game. Maybe one or two scheduled times. I think that would be uber cool, and appropriately nerdy.

Would that be an option? A "Play with the fans" day?

Amberjoy
01-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Sounds like fun but I can't travel more than 2 hours away from the house and my medical equipment. :( Maybe have a 'live' link for those of us that can't come and a set time to go online to see what every who did go is doing?

FloodSpectre
01-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Fan Day is an awesome idea - if I lived anywhere remotely close to you guys, I'd be there - but Upstate NY is a bit of a haul ;)

I was thinking the exact same thing, and then I noticed you're from the same city as me. Small world.

DeathKnight1728
01-21-2011, 06:59 PM
I think this would be really cool. I get to play with the makers. Not many other game companies would do this i might add.

udm
01-24-2011, 11:51 PM
I'd love to come, but my bank account disagrees with me :(

abomination5
01-25-2011, 11:51 AM
I'd be interested as long as it was on a Saturday. I could fly down on Friday evening and leave late Sunday. Of course it would depend on the exact date and my work schedule.

Getting enough fans together could be difficult, especially since we seem to be scattered all over the globe. Maybe some kind of online event on the weekend instead? We could have some kind of livestream from Soldak HQ (your house? lol) and then all play DC online together.

Delilah Rehm
01-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Maybe I get get him to do an online fan thing on a weekend (I'm thinking late March). I don't know how playable a game will be if too many people go in at once. Should there be a limit?

The LIVE event will be on a Saturday, tentatively April 9th. :)

DeathKnight1728
01-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Maybe the online thing can be on a few days. I know this may be too much but im not sure what the limit is on people per game. Is it 4?

abomination5
01-27-2011, 02:29 PM
The most I've had in a game is 5 or 6 (if memory serves) so it would probably be limited. We could set up multiple games though.

Any solid plans for the live event yet? Any chance of a DC lan party? It could be BYO laptop if that would be easier.

Kreb
02-05-2011, 12:13 AM
I live in Dallas, so I'll certainly attend fan day!

EDIT: And Starbucks would be perfect! I've achieved gold status there!

Castruccio
04-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Are people still going to fan day this weekend? Wish I lived in Dallas. If you go, be sure to give a report to the forum!

Delilah Rehm
04-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Forgot there were two of these, so cross posting the details -

LESS THAN 6 HOURS AWAY!

APRIL 9th, 5 PM to 8 PM central time
at STARBUCKS 1101 W. Parker Rd. Plano, TX 75023 (northwest corner of Parker and Alma)
Offical Reps: STEVEN, DELILAH, STEVE H.
FAN DAY - BE THERE unless you are: a) not cool, or b) live too far away.

Okay, so the offical fan day is going to be April 9th, 2011 from 5 PM to 8 PM at a Starbucks (Steven will clarify which one) in Plano Texas.

Steven, Delilah and Steve H (lead artist) will be attending.

It's official people! I hope to see one or three of you there. We'll do some kind of online fan day later in April/May.

Shadow
04-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Oops, I didn't realize we had 2 threads on this.