PDA

View Full Version : 1.016 Bug Thread

jeremyosborne
01-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Starting the 1.016 bug thread. Am downloading the patch now. The changelog made me happy, but I'll put my happiness elsewhere since this is the bug thread.

Stardusts
01-22-2011, 02:57 PM
I had a town with Tornado Alley in 1.015 and after installing 1.016, I log in only to watch the whole town destroyed by tornado spam within minutes. There is nothing I can do about it and the next town I start up has Tornado Alley modifier too... gonna see how long this town last. I think you overdid the tornado feature a little Shadow :(.

Im not sure if this is intended but when someone sets up traps in town. The trap might be a monster trap and wandering NPC will trigger it and release a bunch of monsters in town without the player's knowledge.

Also is there anyway I can reduce the default jpg file size when I take a screenshot? The file size is bigger than the limit upload so I always have to reduce the size of the screenshots before posting them on forum.

Edit: just finished the new town in ~30min, not a single tornado touch down happens :confused:

Shadow
01-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Also is there anyway I can reduce the default jpg file size when I take a screenshot? The file size is bigger than the limit upload so I always have to reduce the size of the screenshots before posting them on forum.

I don't think you can right now but that might be easy to change.

Bluddy
01-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Not enough experience to know about this - I'm a level 18 necromancer and I just got my freedom quest from Din. Is that normal?

Stardusts
01-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Not enough experience to know about this - I'm a level 18 necromancer and I just got my freedom quest from Din. Is that normal?

yes, completing it will open up the next difficulty level and a big reward chest.

Nobear
01-22-2011, 04:26 PM
You're lucky, Stardusts. Tornados are another thing I've never seen and would like to lol.

Ghost Matter
01-22-2011, 04:35 PM
I tried my invasion quest with the new patch... It was slow and I was waiting for improvements. I equipped everyone in the town and... tornadoes came repeatedly, killing like 2-3 people, including my only vendor (who was a gambler, wow!). One nearly killed my important NPCs!! If I hadn't been there by chance, I would've lost the town.

Then... the imps came faster. The problem with them is that they're too fast and they speard EVERYWHERE. I lost my apothecary and steward fast while the plague and two differents town attacks came(not from invasion). At the end, I know I could've survived for long but... the Warmaster got a deadly poison, with no one to give the cure quest. Even then, I wouldn't have had the time.

Thing to consider then:
No imps on invasion? It's the only one I got far so I can't compare.
No deadly poison on the last questgiver.
Give them better weapons?
Slow the rate of tornadoes and don't allow all 3 questgivers to die at once.
The tornadoes are a bug, ok! :P

Nobear
01-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Ghost, since Invasion Mode unfortunately hasn't been improved since patch 1.014, and you are reporting observations and suggestions, not bugs, I'd recommend taking your comments to the thread linked by the blue arrow next to my name here:

Invasion Mode

I'd be happy to continue the discussion there.

jeremyosborne
01-22-2011, 05:09 PM
REDACTING PREVIOUS POST:
Chased the critter towards the east or south wall (depending on what you call north).
Critter walked through wall and I couldn't step on it.

Turns out critters in infestations can come and go. I swear one disappeared just before I stepped on it. But I was able to complete the infestation quest because more critters spawned in town.

One piece of previous note still stands: Not sure if critters should be allowed to go through the city walls. Since critters will respawn in town, and they're small, I guess going through walls is acceptable.

jeremyosborne
01-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Just leveled up my ego axe. Do character stats also increase as an Ego weapon is leveled up?

I'm pretty sure when I first equipped this axe, long ago, I had the stats to use it without any potions.

After this most recent level up, if you squint at the picture, you can see that the minimum strength is above my character's strength.

jeremyosborne
01-22-2011, 06:20 PM
I don't think you can right now but that might be easy to change.

A request I would have for this, since I take screenshots sometimes for different purposes:

Have one of the screenshot choices be "for posting to a forum". That way I can still have my giant 1600x900 JPEG or PNG, and still have a choice for when I want to take a forum friendly screenshot.

This would match the same sort of choice we have for exporting our characters.

Nobear
01-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Just leveled up my ego axe. Do character stats also increase as an Ego weapon is leveled up?

My best guess is that you changed another piece of equipment to one with less strength. Those numbers are ones I recognize as the base numbers for that weapon.

Nim
01-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Tornados are kinda crazy now :mad:
This is what happened when continuing my last char after updating to 1.016.
01:13:58 - A tornado has touched down in town!
01:14:05 - Cody (Blunt Weaponsmith) was killed by a Tornado!
01:14:17 - Kierry (Warmaster) was killed by a Tornado!
01:14:25 - A tornado has touched down in town!
01:14:48 - A tornado has touched down in town!
01:15:00 - A tornado has touched down in town!
01:15:22 - Mit (Townsperson) was killed by a Tornado!
01:15:49 - A tornado has touched down in town!
01:16:05 - A tornado has touched down in town!
01:16:09 - A tornado has touched down in town!
01:16:50 - Pheros has been killed.
01:16:53 - A tornado has touched down in town!
01:17:11 - A tornado has touched down in town!
01:17:26 - A tornado has touched down in town!
01:17:27 - A tornado has touched down in town!
01:17:30 - A tornado has touched down in town!
01:17:39 - A tornado has touched down in town!
01:17:40 - A tornado has touched down in town!
01:17:43 - A tornado has touched down in town!

ebarstad
01-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Tornados were crazy in one of my towns, too, after the latest update.

Where do you find and copy that timed log of events?

Nim
01-23-2011, 11:37 AM
My Documents\.......\Din's Curs\User\Chars\Logs
One log per char and town

ebarstad
01-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Here's what happened in my town re: tornadoes:

00:09:51 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:11:02 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:11:10 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:11:14 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:11:34 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:12:31 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:12:34 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:13:00 - Totem added to bestiary
00:13:13 - An uprising of Animated Corpses has started in Domain of the Dead lvl 3.
00:13:38 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:14:07 - Shelly (Townsperson) was killed by a Tornado!
00:14:19 - Titus (Townsperson) was killed by a Tornado!
00:14:56 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:15:51 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:15:51 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:15:54 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:16:16 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:16:20 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:16:30 - Solved Animated Corpses uprising quest
00:16:32 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:17:29 - Berina (Warmaster) has won 7CP in the town lottery!
00:17:40 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:17:53 - A tornado has touched down in town!

I think it would be good, as others have mentioned, if NPCs ran away from tornadoes.

Max_Powers
01-23-2011, 03:24 PM
I had something similar happen. What made it more confusing is that there was no mention of a 'bad storms in the area' modifier, nor were there quests for weather machines.

00:17:12 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:17:16 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:17:20 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:17:25 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:17:27 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:17:28 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:18:11 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:18:17 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:18:30 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:18:30 - A tornado has touched down in town!

ebarstad
01-23-2011, 04:32 PM
I had something similar happen. What made it more confusing is that there was no mention of a 'bad storms in the area' modifier, nor were there quests for weather machines.

The same thing here.

Bak
01-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Don't know if it is specific to this update or if it has always been this way, but I think some quests need a little more time before they fail.

00:29:09 - Evadne needs more Tooth Cave Spider Heads.
00:29:10 - Aubrene has gathered the Tooth Cave Spider Heads needed
00:29:10 - Failed Gather 3 Tooth Cave Spider Heads quest

Edit: This was with 1.015, so I don't know if any changes in 16 would fix this

jeremyosborne
01-23-2011, 06:13 PM
My best guess is that you changed another piece of equipment to one with less strength. Those numbers are ones I recognize as the base numbers for that weapon.

Cool Nobear, thanks for looking into that. I did switch my equipment around last week, and it's possible I lost a point of strength someplace. I like that Din's Curse doesn't immediately make me drop a weapon if my stats fall below the minimum requirements, but it does feel buggish to me that I should be allowed to do so.

ZeoZark
01-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Okay, this is just ridiculous now.

00:06:26 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:06:30 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:06:31 - Failed Unshrink Luana (Gambler) quest
00:06:31 - Luana (Gambler) was killed before being unshrunk!
00:06:32 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:06:40 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:06:41 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:07:09 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:07:22 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:08:00 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:08:11 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:08:12 - Nicolle (Townsperson) was killed by a Tornado!
00:08:14 - Failed Unshrink Bria quest
00:08:14 - Bria was killed before being unshrunk!
00:08:34 - Aid (Vendor) was killed by a Tornado!
00:08:40 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:09:04 - Failed Unshrink Didierard quest
00:09:04 - Didierard was killed before being unshrunk!
00:09:05 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:09:26 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:09:34 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:10:03 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:10:03 - A tornado has touched down in town!
00:10:08 - A tornado has touched down in town!
... repeat ad nauseam.

Now I'm getting double reputation losses, one for failing the quest of unshrinking pretty much everybody in town, and one for them dying.
Hooray for hilariously terrible patch blunders?

I think I'm gonna stop playing for now until the next patch... I deleted the 1.015 patch for some reason, so I can't revert to it. xD

Nomad_Soul
01-24-2011, 05:55 AM
01:13:37 - Erillin's Altar has been destroyed.
01:14:02 - The Ghoul are raiding the town in revenge for destroying their altar!

I noticed some monsters (Ghouls) attacking their own gate during a town raid.

My character happened to be in town when the raid (referenced in quotes) started up, and I quickly raced up to the northwest corner where they gated in, and found the ghouls attacking the gate/dimensional gate that they had used to teleport into town.

Don't know if it is specific to this update or if it has always been this way, but I think some quests need a little more time before they fail.

00:29:09 - Evadne needs more Tooth Cave Spider Heads.
00:29:10 - Aubrene has gathered the Tooth Cave Spider Heads needed
00:29:10 - Failed Gather 3 Tooth Cave Spider Heads quest

I just had something similiar occur. According to the log, it all happened just about instantly.

02:14:07 - Pence (Warmaster) is starving and needs help!
02:14:07 - Pence is no longer starving thanks to Aubreta
02:14:07 - Failed Pence is starving quest

And again:

02:17:03 - Berton's debt paid off by Stawata
02:17:03 - Failed Get Berton out of debt quest

I didn't see a mention of the debt quest trigger in the log, but, again the quest mention and failure seemed to pop up just instantly.

I think I'm gonna stop playing for now until the next patch... I deleted the 1.015 patch for some reason, so I can't revert to it. xD
Try this (http://www.soldak.com/files/patches/DCBeta1015.exe) link if you'd like to download 1.015 again.

FloodSpectre
01-24-2011, 07:37 PM
I noticed some monsters (Ghouls) attacking their own gate during a town raid.

My character happened to be in town when the raid (referenced in quotes) started up, and I quickly raced up to the northwest corner where they gated in, and found the ghouls attacking the gate/dimensional gate that they had used to teleport into town.

I've seen this behavior as well, several patches ago. In my case it was zombies, the same basic enemy type. They also fought with a skeleton that gated in as well.

Chumpy
01-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Immediately on loading a save, the whole town started dying of tornadoes.

Decided to abandon that town before the reputation penalties got too severe.

Max_Powers
01-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but there are two things about 'pets' ability to also be healed by Din's altar that might need some improvement.

1) I have 4 raise dead pets. When I use Din's altar and that combines with my pets also being healed it can get really loud. Is there any way to soften the sound of the addition healing sounds?

2)My pets have this little loop in the healing they receive. It's like the icon and the sound blink off for a half second every few seconds or so. It is kind of annoying.

Ghost Matter
01-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Can there be a fix/mod/minor patch for the tornadoes? I just can't play the game at all right now :(

abomination5
01-25-2011, 09:35 PM
I just had a town with a weather machine. The chat was constantly being flooded with tornado warnings for several minutes before everyone died.

ZeoZark
01-25-2011, 10:52 PM
I hope we get a fix for the crazy tornado thing soon... It's kind of hilarious how about only 3 of my NPCs are left due to there being at least 6 tornadoes ravaging the town simultaneously ALL THE TIME. And that was before the monsters built a weather machine in the dungeon, now I shudder to think what will happen...
I think I've lost like 2500 Reputation or so on just one tornado-blasted town. xD

Nomad_Soul
01-26-2011, 08:42 AM
After tornadoes wiped out most of the town during a recent game, the apothecary was the last quest giver standing. A message "a potential new steward has been found" popped up, but the corresponding quest never appeared at the apothecary. A while later, the "potential new warmaster" message popped up, and this quest did appear at the apothecary. After completing that quest and getting a new warmaster into the game, I found the "recruit a new steward quest" with the new warmaster. Not sure if this is intended or not. It would seem the recruit a new steward quest registered itself with the (then) non-existant warmaster at the time the message popped up.

Shadow
01-26-2011, 10:39 AM
I have fixed the tornado issue locally, but probably can't get a new patch out until tomorrow.

Roswitha
01-26-2011, 11:40 AM
After tornadoes wiped out most of the town during a recent game, the apothecary was the last quest giver standing. A message "a potential new steward has been found" popped up, but the corresponding quest never appeared at the apothecary. A while later, the "potential new warmaster" message popped up, and this quest did appear at the apothecary. After completing that quest and getting a new warmaster into the game, I found the "recruit a new steward quest" with the new warmaster. Not sure if this is intended or not. It would seem the recruit a new steward quest registered itself with the (then) non-existant warmaster at the time the message popped up.

It's intended. The warmaster holds the steward quest. The steward holds the apothecary quest, and the apothecary holds the warmaster quest. This can be a bit of a nuisance (as you mentioned) if two are dead and you get the quest for the wrong one.

Bak
01-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Figured I would post an anti-bug :) , a case where the game got in a funny state but fixed itself.

Completed all mandatory quests. Only had an optional "find X items" quest, but had not saved the town. (Wonder if it is because I completed all the "kill boss" quests before I found a steward and apothecary?) After I solved the last (optional) quest, 3 seconds later I got the saved town message.

ebarstad
01-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Ran into a couple bugs with 1.016 + expansion.

1) The town attacked my summoned Fury when I teleported into town. First time in a number play sessions that's happened. When I summoned a new Fury, they stopped attacking and went back to their places.

2) After saving a person who had been petrified, I talked to her and there was some placeholder text (##3##) in her dialogue (see image).

Edit: Also, in another game, The Earthquake Machine was building other Machines.

Nomad_Soul
01-26-2011, 01:58 PM
During multiplayer, I ran into a visual/graphical glitch with another player's mana bar. Basically, the mana bar far exceeded its usual bounds. Screenshots below:

1 (http://ploader.net/files/b14c56d1332c394a93a7946ada0e671c.jpg)

2 (http://ploader.net/files/8db757aa267b00f60c5f94b818e70745.jpg)

Archon
01-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Sometimes Dimensional Gates (and maybe other inanimate objects) heal themselves from drinking potions, or it sounds like their drinking a potion after there life bar instantly increases. Since deep wounds on objects such as gates and totems are a thing of the past it would make sense to remove the ability to instantly self-heal (regeneration on a object would still be ok). It would also be kinda neat if inanimate objects like gates, chests, totems suffer a bit of a defensive penalty somehow or make it slightly easier for the player to land a crushing blow on a object.

Bak
01-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Sometimes Dimensional Gates (and maybe other inanimate objects) heal themselves from drinking potions, or it sounds like their drinking a potion after there life bar instantly increases.

That is from "eating" any nearby monsters that were recently slain, like a scavenger. Target the gate without killing the neighboring mob, and the gate won't regain health.

Archon
01-26-2011, 08:19 PM
That is from "eating" any nearby monsters that were recently slain, like a scavenger. Target the gate without killing the neighboring mob, and the gate won't regain health.

Interesting, I never realized that was what was going on. I will keep that in mind the next time I encounter a carnivorous gate :D .

Caal
01-27-2011, 12:00 AM

I always thought is was the other way around - that dimensional gates gain life when they teleport a new monster in.

udm
01-27-2011, 12:20 AM
Torch hidden inside the wall. Pic below:

Orcbait
01-27-2011, 08:22 AM
I was playing DW last night and here is some observations with the tornado issue.

My first town had tornado alley, and I did notice the huge amount of tornadoes but they calmed down after awhile. I exited the game and re-entered (without quitting DC) when I started up again I was hit by a huge amount of tornadoes almost immediately (after an hour or so before exit/restart where there where none). After I beat this town, the next two have not had any tornadoes at all. I will see what happens when I re-enter the game tonight.

On another note the reason I restarted was I was doing a quest to kill a boss on Lvl 9 of the dungeon and could not find him anywhere at all, I think I got all the secret areas on the lvl as well, I walked around the edges and spent at lest 2 hours looking. I remembered the dungeons re-setting if you quit in town so I did this and as soon as I went back to lvl 9 the boss attacked me straight away, not sure if this is a bug though

Nim
01-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Just noticed that I didn't get an item for my first rep level upgrade. Could it be because my inventory was full ?

Bak
01-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Just noticed that I didn't get an item for my first rep level upgrade. Could it be because my inventory was full ?

If your inventory is full, check the ground when you got the rep level. There should also be a message in your log about the item (the name will be given) being dropped due to a full pack.

Nim
01-27-2011, 03:16 PM
There should also be a message in your log about the item (the name will be given) being dropped due to a full pack. 00:05:30 - Scowling Den lvl 1 Gate activated!
00:05:37 - Now reputation level 1!
00:05:37 - Now level 3: +5 attribute points and +2 skill points!
00:05:37 - Solved Kill 12 Sprites quest

Ghost Matter
01-28-2011, 11:32 AM
This is a level up! :)

EDIT: Ooops, missed the reputation up... It should say you've got an item in the same text I believe. Maybe you didn't get one?

Nobear
01-28-2011, 07:36 PM
There are a few screenshots of bugs I've been holding onto for a while out of laziness. They were taken mostly during patch 1.016, and I don't know whether they've been fixed since I took them or not, so I'm posting them here.

1) The longsuffering Necromancer's plight where his fellow men seek to destroy the fruit of his labor. I know this has been an issue for a long time, any word on when it was/will be fixed?

2) The quest title is running off the right side of the window. Btw, maybe "Lesser Lightning Elemental vial of statics" can be shortened to "Vial of Lightning", and similarly with other long item names.

3) This quest is telling me Neviller is in level 4 of the dungeon, but as you can see, I'm talking to him in town. I think this was supposed to be fixed in a recent patch, and this shot was definitely more recent than that patch.

4) Another machine building a machine.

btw, can we have the version number show up on the lower left screen corner, opposite to the time, so we can always tell which version a screenshot was from?

Bak
01-29-2011, 06:00 PM
00:05:30 - Scowling Den lvl 1 Gate activated!
00:05:37 - Now reputation level 1!
00:05:37 - Now level 3: +5 attribute points and +2 skill points!
00:05:37 - Solved Kill 12 Sprites quest

00:26:20 - Now reputation level 11: received Cruelbrute's Sword as a reward (on ground)!
00:26:20 - Weapon reward dropped on ground

Not sure why yours was different. Unless getting a level up and a reputation up shortens the text.

Shadow
01-31-2011, 11:27 AM
1) The longsuffering Necromancer's plight where his fellow men seek to destroy the fruit of his labor. I know this has been an issue for a long time, any word on when it was/will be fixed?

I'm hoping I have this fixed in version 1.018.

Max_Powers
01-31-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm hoping I have this fixed in version 1.018.

Me too. It has gotten better overall I would say, but it does still happen some. All townfolk seem to have a hard-on for Torvas. Not sure why but that often seems to get them going.