PDA

View Full Version : Pets disappear on exit?

Chumpy
01-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Is there any way for pets to carry over across sessions? I'm playing a Necromancer/Healer, and it's frustrating needing to raise a new army every time I load the game - not to mention losing my elites.

Absolutely loving the fact that crazy Necromancer/Healer type stuff is even possible - I just wish I didn't have play in hours-long blocks to hold onto my dudes.

pnakotus
01-23-2011, 05:06 PM
It's always happened, but particularly with my necromancer build aimed at 'raise dead' rather than skeletons, high-level elite guys are irritating to replace. I don't really mind though, since multi lets you get covered.

Max_Powers
01-23-2011, 06:06 PM
There have been other threads about this. I have requested in the past that there either be a skill that would allow you to at least keep one summon, or some sort of a townsperson that you could pay ridiculous(if need be)amounts of money to 'stable' one or more of your pets for you.

How about every 10th level of either Raise Dead or Lich or both you would get to keep one pet?

Chumpy
01-23-2011, 08:17 PM
If it's feasible for pets to persist, they should all persist. I'm pretty sure 'how much time you have to play in a day' is not a skill Din's Curse is meant to test.

abomination5
01-23-2011, 08:38 PM
I think shadow commented that it was an "engine issue" in the past.

Zab
01-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Does that mean it's not feasible to fix?

Shadow
01-24-2011, 10:34 AM
It would be tricky to save them, but it's on my list of things to look at.