PDA

View Full Version : How not to do a demo

Shadow
12-17-2007, 11:32 AM
This weekend I caught up some on seeing what other games have been created lately. This was mostly independent games since retail games are easier to pay attention to because of the press they get.

Anyways I found a game, which I won't name, that does just about everything wrong before you even get to play it. First it tells me that it needs to install managed DirectX on my computer. Well I'm on my dev computer and I'm a little picky about what gets installed on it. So I want to tell it no, but the only option is OK. Well at least it still has the windows X in the upper right to close it. So I choose that and it starts installing something anyways, so on that screen I choose cancel. The next screen tells me I don't meet the minimum requirements (probably because I didn't let managed DirectX install), but that it is installing the game anyways. It didn't both to give me any choice. So now it installs the game, finishes, and pops up something that says do you want to reboot your computer now?

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I have ever uninstalled a game before I had even played it once.