PDA

View Full Version : Mod request: more weapons with chip slots

legoman501
08-24-2014, 07:39 PM
A lot of times I get chips for weapons only, but don't find weapons with any slots. I know that Utopian can add slots, but it is very expensive and doesn't always work. Is there a mod that will increase the chance of finding a weapon with a chip slot in it?

Kohlenstoff
08-25-2014, 07:35 AM
Actually the chips you find are crap and almost allways not worth the effort to slot them during leveling your ship to level 100. Only few weapons are worth to add a found chip. And most found chips are not that good. And those need (almost) allways utopian service. I found actually just 3 weapons, which were worth the effort of adding one more chip.

And there is another problem: The fact, that you want to use found chips tells me, that you are leveling your first ship and it has a level of less than 50. The reason for knowing this is simple. During the leveling from 50 to 100 you will find less chips than you found during leveling from level 5 to 10. The higher the sector level is, the less chips you find. You need to use scavenger service in higher levels. But you will just get random chips from scavengers, what means, scavenging is really expensive. But in this way you will be able to make the really good stuff (keep a chip as sample to be able to use scavenger service!). Dont worry about money too much. In later levels you will have less problems getting money and prizes will not be as high compared to your "income".