PDA

View Full Version : Requests

Bluddy
01-28-2011, 02:10 AM
I'd really really like to see this stealthy quest type for variety:

Get to this part of floor X and *avoid* injuring/killing X monsters/imps/other type. If you injure too many monsters, the quest fails because you got noticed by the boss. You have to actively avoid the monsters, which is something that doesn't really happen usually unless you're rushing to get through the level to another level.

You might want to turn off the lights along the way, because most monsters notice you less in the dark. You also want to make minimal noise. Of course, if the level is packed with dark elves or other darkness oriented monsters, you want to turn *on* the lights, because they see better in the dark. ie. have the awareness circle of monsters affected by their preferred light level.

udm
01-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Not a bad idea; to supplement, it should also give more XP than the typical 'kill # of X monsters' quest to make up for the lack of XP that you get from killing monsters too.

Greyhead
01-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Not a bad idea but some of the dungeons have really narrow corridors, and you wouldn't be able to sneak by them at all.

Bluddy
01-30-2011, 04:31 AM
Regarding items in the dungeon, I'd really like to see

- Small chance of sparks from swords and other metal weapons causing an explosion from a gas vein.
- Several gas veins leaking around each other.
- Monsters that have acid blood (could select 1 or 2 from the existing ones), and thus their dead bodies may turn into acid puddles.
- Larger puddles (or several puddles in close proximity) to make them more than just a part of the scenery.
- Lit torches can cause nearby fighting creatures to catch on fire.
- Same for destroying lit candles.
- And as mentioned above, lit torches should affect your/monster's visibility as appropriate to the race.

Bluddy
01-30-2011, 04:41 AM
Not a bad idea but some of the dungeons have really narrow corridors, and you wouldn't be able to sneak by them at all.

Good point. We could take several approaches with that. We could say 'tough luck, it's random'. You could try the other stairway, maybe it's closer to the target and thus fewer enemies would be encountered. Um... I guess those are my ideas. I still think it's a worthwhile quest, even if it's not always solvable.

And regarding the goal of the quest, I think it should be to steal some item that would cause 2 monster factions that were previously peaceful to fight with each other viciously (one thinks the other stole it, the other thinks the first groups is lying about it). The item would highlight on the map.