PDA

View Full Version : Assorted questions and observations

Roswitha
01-28-2011, 02:46 AM
Why does Keely the Bowyer wield a long sword? I would expect a bow or possibly a dagger.

While I was stamping out an infestation the numbers decreased faster than I stomped. I don't mind the help, but it would be nice to know who was doing it.

If you put an item in the warmaster's Donate box, it looks like it either goes to the warmaster or is converted to cash. Is that how it's supposed to work?

Necromancer skills Blight and Bone-shatter work on a cave-in. So does Curse of Pain.

The Blight mark on a totem is off center. See the image.

Using v 1.017

Shadow
01-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Why does Keely the Bowyer wield a long sword? I would expect a bow or possibly a dagger.

If you put an item in the warmaster's Donate box, it looks like it either goes to the warmaster or is converted to cash. Is that how it's supposed to work?

It would definitely make more sense for Keely to have a bow. We just don't have any npcs that can use ranged weapons at the moment.

The Warmaster happens to have the highest priority for items. The new item will go to the Warmaster if better than what he currently has, but his item will get transferred to the next person. If it's not as good as his current item, it will go to the next person.

Roswitha
01-28-2011, 10:44 AM
The Warmaster happens to have the highest priority for items. The new item will go to the Warmaster if better than what he currently has, but his item will get transferred to the next person. If it's not as good as his current item, it will go to the next person.

That's kind of what I thought. I'll have to double-check, but I didn't notice the Steward or Apothecary getting new items. If it's getting passed along, it's not going to them.

EDIT---
I stand corrected. They're getting passed along. :)

Crisses
01-31-2011, 09:12 PM
It would definitely make more sense for Keely to have a bow. We just don't have any npcs that can use ranged weapons at the moment.

Keely's story should include that he used to use a bow, but his eyesight has gotten poor, and thus because he's nearsighted he's using his secondary weapon. However, he assures you that he has a hundred year's experience making great bows. :)

Roswitha
02-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Keely's story should include that he used to use a bow, but his eyesight has gotten poor, and thus because he's nearsighted he's using his secondary weapon. However, he assures you that he has a hundred year's experience making great bows. :)

Now, why was I thinking Keely was female? :)

I'll have to take a closer look.

Shadow
02-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Now, why was I thinking Keely was female? :)

I'll have to take a closer look.

Keely is female.

Crisses
02-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Keely is female.

Well, then change the gender pronoun. I was just reading the thread and thought adding to the NPC story was a possible out for not needing to do a lot of programming for someone who is a vendor. It's nice to live in a fantasy world where people are master craftsmen -- or at least successful salespeople -- at the nice young age of 20-30, but in reality either 1) the crafts(wo)man would be pretty darned old or 2) they're a reseller and don't need to USE the items they sell in order to know a "good bow" when they see it. i.e. appraiser, not master archer.

Shadow
02-01-2011, 04:59 PM
I was just reading the thread and thought adding to the NPC story was a possible out for not needing to do a lot of programming for someone who is a vendor.

I actually did just that this morning.