PDA

View Full Version : 1.017 bugs

Nobear
01-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Ok my Damek's Gloves turned into Elite "Fake Damek's Gloves", but my Damek's Cap turned into Elite "DameksCapDameksCapFake". Pretty wonky name for an item if you ask me.

Roswitha
01-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Check out the "Din's Curse 1.017 patch" thread over in the main game.

alstein
01-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Ok my Damek's Gloves turned into Elite "Fake Damek's Gloves", but my Damek's Cap turned into Elite "DameksCapDameksCapFake". Pretty wonky name for an item if you ask me.

My guess is that it has to do with the rebalancing of those items.

Shadow
01-28-2011, 02:03 PM

Yeah I screwed up the name. It will be fixed in 1.018. It should show up as Fake Damek's Cap.

Nobear
01-28-2011, 04:46 PM
The sound for Legendaries dropping isn't playing at the moment.

Nobear
01-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Ok I leveled a Ranger from scratch since patch 1.016 and have been playing him since 1.017 as well. I had NPC pace set to normal because I was afraid to get swamped by NPC troubles at low levels. No dice. Not a single bit of NPC trouble, ie fights, poisoning, letting in scouts and the like. Not even problems I used to occasionally get like "X is starving". Every town was (aside from monsters) trouble-free from level 1 to 87. I am now thinking the NPC wealth or happiness might be related to some global variable shared between characters, which tends to increase the longer you play. It seems like people who've played less are having more problems than people who've probably played too much lol. Can anyone else corroborate or contradict this with their experience?

Also, I noticed a recent patch made the gambler quest harder, but the truth is I haven't gotten the gambler quest either since about that time. To be honest, Demon War is actually feeling tamer and less varied, quest- and action-wise, than vanilla Din's Curse for me. It's been a long time since I had a crazy town at any level, and I'm playing way above my level on Very Fast Pace. The only ways Demon War is making my game more, and not less, varied are the monsters and environments and the occasional NPC messages that they shop and gain happiness and the like. Nice touches, but they don't make up for the fact I'm not seeing almost any of the new quests or action. I'm getting the bug infestation and fallen hero's treasure quests, and that's all for expansion quests I can think of.

Of course the expansion will go live with some bugs as any software does, but this one's a deal breaker. IMHO it's the one that has to be solved before it goes live, or players won't get a consistently new experience.

Just some ideas for what to check for the tameness problem: total gold collected among characters, total towns saved, accidentally using the wrong reputation variable...

Roswitha
01-28-2011, 09:34 PM
This showed up on the chat box at the beginning of the game. "Cruel Claw (Charged Krall Warrior) is guarding 's treasure."
The actual quest says "fallen hero".

Nobear
01-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Trying to fill an empty vial with certain oil pools doesn't work. It's hit and miss at the moment.

EternalChampion
01-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Ok I leveled a Ranger from scratch since patch 1.016 and have been playing him since 1.017 as well. I had NPC pace set to normal because I was afraid to get swamped by NPC troubles at low levels. No dice. Not a single bit of NPC trouble, ie fights, poisoning, letting in scouts and the like. Not even problems I used to occasionally get like "X is starving". Every town was (aside from monsters) trouble-free from level 1 to 87. I am now thinking the NPC wealth or happiness might be related to some global variable shared between characters, which tends to increase the longer you play. It seems like people who've played less are having more problems than people who've probably played too much lol. Can anyone else corroborate or contradict this with their experience?

Also, I noticed a recent patch made the gambler quest harder, but the truth is I haven't gotten the gambler quest either since about that time. To be honest, Demon War is actually feeling tamer and less varied, quest- and action-wise, than vanilla Din's Curse for me. It's been a long time since I had a crazy town at any level, and I'm playing way above my level on Very Fast Pace. The only ways Demon War is making my game more, and not less, varied are the monsters and environments and the occasional NPC messages that they shop and gain happiness and the like. Nice touches, but they don't make up for the fact I'm not seeing almost any of the new quests or action. I'm getting the bug infestation and fallen hero's treasure quests, and that's all for expansion quests I can think of.

Of course the expansion will go live with some bugs as any software does, but this one's a deal breaker. IMHO it's the one that has to be solved before it goes live, or players won't get a consistently new experience.

Just some ideas for what to check for the tameness problem: total gold collected among characters, total towns saved, accidentally using the wrong reputation variable...

I think it's just the randomness factor. I had a town today that was WAY out of control. I had someone poisoning everything, setting-up gates. When I found the docs to prove who it was the whole town went and started beating on him, almost to death. Then he went renegade. I had multiple Undead invasions, multiple plagues, poisonings of food and water, curses, bosses showing-up in town. The dungeon was dropping Elites, Artifacts, Set pieces, etc. like candy. Every other monster was a Champion. It was crazy. But I saved the town. I even had someone flirt with Din (or vice versa, hard to tell) for happiness. Something like "Flirt +15 happiness" after they talked to Din.

Of course the next town I was just about to save when I realized my inventory was full. I went up top to a weaponsmith and was unloading items when a tornado 2/3 the size of the town set down right in town center. Killed everybody within 5 seconds. Town lost. This is with 1.017. The only other town I lost was hit with a string of 25+ tornados out of the blue. :mad:

Nobear
01-29-2011, 12:23 AM
What you've got to understand is that I've logged days per character into the game and have almost 5 level 100s and saved hundreds of towns. I play too much for my not seeing a single fight break out or any of the things I quote here to be just randomness:

I had someone poisoning everything, setting-up gates. When I found the docs to prove who it was the whole town went and started beating on him, almost to death. Then he went renegade. I had multiple Undead invasions, multiple plagues, poisonings of food and water

Your feedback is valuable and I mean that, and it seems to corroborate my idea since you have played far less than me (probably a good thing :P) and are having infinitely more NPC trouble. Note: I'm not exaggerating when I say I have no NPC trouble. I literally have none at all.

DeathKnight1728
01-29-2011, 12:42 AM
One thing I can tell you nobear. I dont know what is up because ive seen many fights including one where the apothecary was fighting the town by himself in a tornado. It was funny as anything. I equipped him with platemail and he eventually poisoned the town then told me that everything was thrown to shit. Finally they banished him from town.

And on another note, you have powered your characters pretty fast. The one thing im gonna do is take that path and fight my way through a +6 world. Maybe more after i get used to it.

Nobear
01-29-2011, 02:15 AM
I am cracking up just reading that, I wish I encountered those things too. I think I probably play more than you though I'm not 100% sure, but I've been unemployed lately and have been playing probably an average of 8 hours a day. I just got hired pending some bureaucratic BS I'm still trying to figure out, but that's besides the point. One test would be if you still encounter the same range of NPC shenanigans once you hit 100 on one or two characters. But don't feel pressured because there are others who've played as much as I have.

Yeah, when I first started my Ranger I started on a level 10 town, figuring I'd have the upper hand with a collection of unique bows starting with one I could use right away. I got totally owned. I abandoned and went to a level 4 town, and things went alright, but were hard just because I was totally new to the class. It wasn't until I was high enough level to wear a full suit of good gear I had saved that I was able to be effective in +10 or higher dungeons. Only at level 47+ did I start doing +20-30 dungeons, because I had access to some really good gear like Degol's Gloves, along with being able to use the best bow in the game (Legendary Sure Kill) with my self Strength buff plus a potion. Once you can use the best weapon and gear, you are a good portion of the way to the power you'll be at 100, so at that point switch your stats to give more Vitality and see what you can do.

So starting with +6 and seeing how far you can push yourself is a good idea, but keep in mind that your XP gained will multiply phenomenally the higher the level difference. You'll be seeing many tens of thousands per quest, and any XP debt from death will go away in the blink of an eye as long as you have at least a 10:1 kill:death ratio lol.

Roswitha
01-29-2011, 02:56 AM
I ran across a Black Death statue. It oriented toward me when I hit it, and sent out a cloud of poison when it was destroyed. Very realistic statue. :)

Bluddy
01-29-2011, 01:24 PM

Agreed. Though personally I'm getting a lot of cool town troubles, my characters are also not so high level. This is the number 1 bug to solve before the expansion should leave beta.

Nobear, I'd say your character and save files could be of real value to Shadow, since you consistently have this problem. Might want to post them.

GreatStalin
01-29-2011, 03:48 PM
I'd saved a town and gotten my rewards. I then noticed that the Warmaster still had a quest for me, so thought I'd check it out before leaving for good. It was to do with the fact he was starving and had no money... unfortunately, while reading the quest he actually starved to death. This seemed to stop any mouse-clicks being registered whatsoever in the game. I could not click on the flashing icon to leave the town, nor could I select items in the Main Menu (mainly, Save & Exit)!

EternalChampion
01-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Not sure if this is really a bug or not, but not only am I getting duplicate Elite/Legendary/Artifact weapons, I'm getting duplicate Bosses and Elites, all under the same character. I'm not talking about duplicate items due to Shared Stash between different characters, I'm talking about in the same game!

I actually have killed RageWing in several towns along with Lagos (sp?) and many others. They are the same monster (i.e. not a different type with the same name).

I have weapons with the same name and stats, but one is an Artifact and the other is Elite. I also have weapons with the same name, stats, and rarity. And also those with the same name, rarity, but different DPS, though the basic stats/bonuses are the same.

The 3rd or 4th time I find Steelslicer or Plagueburner (or whatever) is kind of a let-down. Same with having defeated Lagos several times in different towns. :confused:

Though this is continuing with 1.017, it's been happening throughout Demon War. I think I've seen someone else mention this...

abomination5
01-29-2011, 07:01 PM
Not sure if this is really a bug or not, but not only am I getting duplicate Elite/Legendary/Artifact weapons, I'm getting duplicate Bosses and Elites, all under the same character. I'm not talking about duplicate items due to Shared Stash between different characters, I'm talking about in the same game!

This is all quite normal. If you are playing at the same world level (close by) the same items will drop and the same bosses will appear. At level 100 you will actually see the same few bosses over and over again. It would be nice if that could be changed. I'd like to see all the different monsters and dungeons used (but scaled up of course) in a level 100 world. That would be an 'easy' way to create a lot more 'new' content for high level characters.

Tar Palantir
01-29-2011, 07:38 PM
I just died 3 times in the same level of a dungeon within less than 10 minutes, killed by frost rylors and each time only after i killed them first. What happened was once I killed any frost rylor an explosion would just pop out of nowhere and OS me (up to 2300 damage at once!!). Even though by then the frost rylors had long disapeared, they would get the credit for the kill in the info feed.

Bug or feature? (if it is a feature it's quite a strange one that will make me avoid frost rylors like the pest)

Bak
01-29-2011, 08:48 PM
I just died 3 times in the same level of a dungeon within less than 10 minutes, killed by frost rylors and each time only after i killed them first. What happened was once I killed any frost rylor an explosion would just pop out of nowhere and OS me (up to 2300 damage at once!!). Even though by then the frost rylors had long disapeared, they would get the credit for the kill in the info feed.

Bug or feature? (if it is a feature it's quite a strange one that will make me avoid frost rylors like the pest)

Rylors (of any variety) drop time-delayed grenades. (It looks like they are lobbing a magic ball, but it just lands on the ground). I'm guessing that your character was gloating over the dead rylor and didn't notice its parting gift. ;) Yeah, they can do quite a bit of damage. I've definitely learned to keep moving while fighting a pack, let the bombs blow up from a safe distance.

Nobear
01-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Rylor bombs are one one the toughest things in the game, along with Death Eyes or whatever they're called. It's just the fact that the game is hard at high levels, the way it should be. I might level fast but I most certainly die too, it's just part of the game.

Nobear
01-29-2011, 08:52 PM
It looks like it's not just Legendaries, but Elites also which sometimes don't make a dropping sound any more. It seems like sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Nobear
01-29-2011, 08:57 PM
I don't have a screenshot of this yet, but when there are spell graphics on top of Ghostly Lights (eg when spamming Shatter or Frost Nova at them) they look bad, and you can see a series of squares overlayed on them, each rotated a few degrees from the previous, but overlapping each other.

Nobear
01-29-2011, 09:11 PM
The Ice Storm proc on Fryse's White Ring procs on normal bow attacks, but not Shock Bolt (Archer) or any of the Hunter traps. I haven't tested it on other special ranged attacks.

Roswitha
01-30-2011, 12:12 AM
When Ghostly Lights send lightning bolts between each other, the bolts go in a straight line, regardless of walls or anything else.

Tar Palantir
01-30-2011, 08:05 AM
I wasn't complaining about the dying itself, I just didn't know about the rylors bombs and never noticed them. Thank you for clarifying this i'll be more careful now...

Nobear
01-30-2011, 03:54 PM
You know what else isn't working with Shock Bolt (Archer)? Deep Wounds. I have 97.50% Deep Wounds chance, and never see Deep Wounds with Shock Bolt, only with normal bow attacks.

Nobear
01-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Both Leo and Gerda were girls for me last time. I've never heard of a female Leo unless you're talking about the sign, and Gerda means ugly. I guess it could have been an ugly woman, but the other time Gerda was a man. Funny thing is I know a Gerda family in RL. I guess that name works for both, but Leo?

woodlandpearl
01-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Not sure if this is a bug or not: I've noticed that since I've updated to the latest version 1.017, that when I move the mouse cursor over a door, chest, weapon stand, etc., that the percentages to disarm are all at 0%. For the doors, there are two other categories - one is locked (don't remember the other one) that are also at 0%.

Nobear
01-31-2011, 12:35 AM
Shock Bolt (Archer) might not even be capable of crushing either. My crit, crush and deep wounds chances are all close to 100%, and all I see are crits, with a decent range of possible numbers. So to sum it up: Shock Bolt is not crushing, deep wounding, or proccing Ice Storm from Fryse's White Ring.

DeathKnight1728
01-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Slight tweaking needed for npcs when monsters run away in fear. I just played a game last night where a pixie ran from a delivery npc in lvl 2. The npc followed the pixie all throughout the level while monsters chased after both of them. I couldnt follow as they never ran out of stamina. It was kind of funny, but eventually i found the npc in the upper most portion of the level on the complete opposite side of the level. It would be cool if there was a minimum distance a npc will follow a monster. This monster was a coward and the npc got lucky as he didnt die, but still it would help.

I really like the new fear status that some monsters have, very realistic.

Bak
01-31-2011, 02:48 PM
After a certain amount of time, an individual boss-monster usually ends up forming a group. The single-boss quest fails, but I haven't seen a replacement group-boss quest. Is that by design? (I may be thinking of DoP, but I thought that one quest gets replaced by the other.)

Edit: I assumed that the group was more boss-monsters, like DoP. But I just noticed a "failed boss" quest being replaced by killing X ordinary critters, so that's probably the "group" I should have looked for.

Roswitha
01-31-2011, 08:13 PM
For quests that are solved by townspeople, I think it's more appropriate to mark them as obsolete, rather than failed.

If somebody starves to death, that's a failure.
If somebody's need was taken care of by somebody else, the quest was successfully completed, just not by me.

Roswitha
01-31-2011, 09:55 PM
The Necromancers Blight spell marker is misaligned on the Plague bringer and its larvae. It's also misaligned for the Fire Tower Trap, and it moves as the tower does.

I was able to use spells to destroy the Anti-Magic machine, which seems rather odd.

Roswitha
02-01-2011, 02:01 AM
"Someone has town started the plague."

EternalChampion
02-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Here's a weird one... I was on the 3rd level of the dungeon called "Hostile Labyrinth". I passed the stairs up to level 2 on the way to kill a Boss. I noted the stairs because I had fallen through a trap door on level 1 and missed a half dozen quests on the second level. I defeated the boss and saved and exited the game to take a break. I launch Demon War and after cleaning-up the level around me a bit head to the stairs. I pull-up the map view and there it is. I look on the minimap, it's not there. I look in the dungeon, it's not there. I go back to map view, it's there. I quit and save, relaunch DW, and there is the stairway... in a room adjacent to where it was before, and before it disappeared. Please see screenshots. 1.017 Mac OS X 10.6.6

Also, unlike any other program, DC's window will not activate when you click on it anywhere but the top menu bar (where it says "Window"). It's annoying because when you go back and forth between programs you have to click the window THEN click the top of the window to do something like unpause. So even when you click on DC's window, even though the window comes to the front, it'll still say (for instance) Safari is the active program and you have to click on the upper window bar of the game. Clicking on the game screen won't work to activate the window.

Nobear
02-01-2011, 08:09 PM
fyi Eternal, if you play fullscreen you can command-tab back and forth between Din's Curse without having to click anywhere to activate things. Command-tabbing out will automatically pause it until you command-tab back.

Bluddy
02-02-2011, 04:42 PM
I zapped a lightning bolt through a locked door (thereby zapping the monster inside as I like to do) and a spider jumped out BEFORE I destroyed the door i.e. it jumped right through the closed door.

Also, I was able to raise a dimensional gate as a skeleton.

Max_Powers
02-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Not sure if this applies to patch 1.017 or if it has always been this way.

When you have summons and they are listed down the left side of the screen you can only 'mouse over' seven status icons and get a info pop-up. Any status icons beyond seven will not have a info pop-up.

Actually, after checking, you can get a pop-up on the eight but only if you are on the left edge of the icon. However, the ninth icon has no pop-up.

Bak
02-03-2011, 02:56 PM
The paladin shield bash description says: "This shield attack will stun your enemy." But the monster still fights back, so it isn't stunned. The rest of the effects (no skill or spells by opponent) may be correct, but I haven't been able to check that.

Roswitha
02-03-2011, 03:11 PM
The Necromancer's Blight spell marker is misaligned on just about all of the totems. The marker is also triggered by fog.

Nobear
02-03-2011, 08:50 PM
The Savage Lair ground and wall textures look really bad since a couple patches ago (I forget which patch), and they didn't used to.