PDA

View Full Version : Do Mistakes Carry From One Town to Another?

Brian Rubin
01-29-2011, 11:08 PM
So I have a level 23 mage, and I made the mistake of continuing a town post-expansion from pre-expansion a few patches ago wherein the town was pretty much fubar'd, raising the prices of potions and food to a ridiculous amount (11 silver for a health potion seems ridiculous to me).

Sadly, I lost that town and went to another. I was totally disheartened to find that the high prices from the previous town had carried over to the new town, giving me no respite.

Now, to me, that doesn't make sense. Does every town in the Dinverse have the same method of supply? Do they all get their stuff from the same warehouse? Why would a food shortage in one town affect prices in every other town I go to?

If this could be explained, I'd feel better about abandoning my mage (potions and food are too expensive to use regularly, so I die repeatedly now, kind of killing the fun). However, if it's just a bug, could this be fixed? Thanks!

abomination5
01-29-2011, 11:36 PM
The quality of the items at the vendors does go up as you level so they get more expensive. I have a character right now at level 20 and I checked the health potion price. It was about 7 silver so 11 silver seems reasonable for level 23. There are some world modifiers that increase prices. If you look at the map you can see the modifiers currently effecting your world and what they do. As I said, not much is carried between towns. If you raise another character to that level prices will likely be about the same.

Brian Rubin
01-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Ahhh, an excellent response, and it makes a lot more sense. Thanks!

Bluddy
01-30-2011, 04:24 AM
Shadow, what's the inflation rate for potions and food (assuming no ill effects)? It seems like it's a little bit on the high side.

Brian Rubin
01-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Shadow, what's the inflation rate for potions and food (assuming no ill effects)? It seems like it's a little bit on the high side.
Ooohhh, good question.

Shadow
01-31-2011, 11:42 AM
It's complicated. :)

Food starts at 45 health and goes up about 13.75 health per level. Each point of health over time is worth 0.3.

Health potions start at 45 health and goes up on average 9 per level. Each point of instant health gain is worth 1.2.

However there is also inflation on prices. Every 5.0 of before inflation cost, an extra 0.5 is added.