PDA

View Full Version : Dark Gates location and function?

Bluddy
02-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Bad seeds among my townies create dark gates to the town. These are small gates that you can destroy with 1 hit. I have a couple of issues with these gates:

1. What do they do? I have not yet seen anything come out of them.
2. They almost always spawn very close to the center of town. I get a reward for getting rid of them, but they're so easily visible (as in right in front of the steward) that it seems a little silly the steward couldn't take a swipe at the gate and destroy it. Is this by design, or would it make more sense to have them placed further from the town center?

ZeoZark
02-07-2011, 10:41 AM
I want to know what those are for, too! I just destroy them coz they're scary and they freak me out. And hey presto! Some bonus EXP. :3

Roswitha
02-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Bad seeds among my townies create dark gates to the town. These are small gates that you can destroy with 1 hit. I have a couple of issues with these gates:

2. They almost always spawn very close to the center of town. I get a reward for getting rid of them, but they're so easily visible (as in right in front of the steward) that it seems a little silly the steward couldn't take a swipe at the gate and destroy it. Is this by design, or would it make more sense to have them placed further from the town center?

I tend to find them in the second row of houses. Looks like it's a randomness thing.

Shadow
02-07-2011, 11:35 AM
They don't spawn anything directly like a normal dimensional gate, but they can let in assassins and scouts.

They usually get built somewhere near the person that built them. So if a vendor or main quest giver builds them they will be near the town center, but if a normal townsperson builds it it will be out in the houses.

Bluddy
02-07-2011, 11:37 AM
That does make sense. I'd personally prefer them to always be hidden away between the houses, but no biggie.

ZeoZark
02-07-2011, 12:13 PM
A NPC once asked me for some items from the dungeon for "a personal project", so I collected them and delivered them to him... And then he immediately built a gate right next to him after he got the items. I destroyed it and he was fined for building it. xD
It's awesome that he needed my help for his evil intentions, but couldn't he have waited until I walked away to build his contraption? :P