PDA

View Full Version : Happy NPC option

Bluddy
02-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Just as we have a low stress option, it'd be nice to have a 'happy NPC' option for the world that causes all NPCs to remain happy. This would essentially be a vanilla Din's experience but with the added quests, options, classes and monsters. It would also be helpful for us players/testers to get a feel for the right NPC troublemaking level.

Arjun123
02-07-2011, 04:27 PM
That is an excellent idea. I also recommend that the chances that vendors, weaponsmiths, armorsmiths, etc. go rogue be reduced, and that the chances of tornado strikes are also greatly reduced. It seems that virtually every town I've played lately, most of my vendors, etc. go rogue or are killed by tornados the time that I save the town. I particularly like it when towns have vendors, for I've find that it is hard to find essential generic items such as bags through random treasure drops. And it seems that when I do get a quest for a new vendor, in the majority of cases it turn out to be a food & drink vendor, which are useless, IMO. I'd recommend that food & drink vendors be eliminated, or the chances of them coming up be greatly reduced, and the chances for regular vendors and specialty vendors (like jewelers) be increased.

One might also note that even in "tornado alley" tornado-prone regions of the world, tornados are still very rare events. I'd recommend that the chances of tornados spawning be further reduced, but when they do appear, they should be more devastating. It would certainly be more realistic, for example, if tornados took out buildings, although I recognize that this would be difficult to implement.

BTW, I'm currently playing with the DW Beta version 1.017. I haven't yet updated to 1.018 or 1.019, due the reports of crashes.

Shadow
02-07-2011, 04:43 PM
BTW, I'm currently playing with the DW Beta version 1.017. I haven't yet updated to 1.018 or 1.019, due the reports of crashes.

I believe the freeze problems were only in 1.018.

Arjun123
02-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks, Shadow. I'll update to 1.019 soon.