PDA

View Full Version : 1.020 bugs

Caal
02-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Not sure if this is a bug or if I missed a feature, but townies apparently now have the ability to give required quests. Finishing this particular quest finished the town.

ZeoZark
02-08-2011, 09:10 PM
After applying the patch, a couple of strange things happened to my 1.019 town that I hadn't saved yet.

First someone stole from Din apparently, and then it told me it was a regular NPC.

00:07:45 - Someone has stolen from Din (God of Honor) (Din)
00:08:07 - Accepted Solve theft from Primothy quest
00:08:32 - Thorth (Townsperson) was caught stealing!
00:08:32 - Thorth (Townsperson) was fined 18CP
00:08:32 - Solved Solve theft from Primothy quest

After that, three NPCs started starving at the same time, which I don't think is a bug but has never happened before to me.

00:22:30 - Shea (Townsperson) is starving and needs help!
00:22:30 - Flanna (Townsperson) is starving and needs help!
00:22:31 - Hilda (Townsperson) is starving and needs help!

SimonDark
02-08-2011, 11:35 PM
I don't have time to go through the other posts but I had a mob attack the town and gate out. However, the clanging and hooting and hollering about the town being under attack was persistent. I couldn't save the town from destruction nor could I stop the annoying noise.

Shadow
02-09-2011, 09:34 AM
I don't have time to go through the other posts but I had a mob attack the town and gate out. However, the clanging and hooting and hollering about the town being under attack was persistent. I couldn't save the town from destruction nor could I stop the annoying noise.

They should eventually gate back in. That doesn't help with the constant noise part of course.

ZeoZark
02-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Also, I see that immediately failed quests haven't been fixed yet:

02:44:57 - Mery (Townsperson) is starving and needs help!
02:45:05 - Mery is no longer starving thanks to Daphrodelis
02:45:05 - Failed Mery is starving quest

Please do something about that. Even if the rep loss is small, a loss is still a loss.
And why should we lose reputation when the NPCs feed each other, anyways? I'm building reputation as a mighty hero, not as a legendary nanny.
I know we're supposed to babysit everyone in town, but shouldn't we lose reputation when everyone in town is starving instead, or when someone dies of starvation? There should be a rep gain when NPCs feed each other, it would mean that we're making them work as a community and care for each other, or something.
No reputation change at all when they feed each other would be okay too.

Valgor
02-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Let's just have these quests become obsolete if the NPCs solve them on their own accord.

Shadow
02-09-2011, 02:48 PM
I am going to do something about NPCs getting a head start on solving quests, but I also think I'm going to make it so there are no reputation penalties on failing an optional quest.

Bak
02-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Now I'm wondering... The last town had Din and most of the townies starting with substantial debts. Will we see a "Din is starving" quest? :)

Shadow
02-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Now I'm wondering... The last town had Din and most of the townies starting with substantial debts. Will we see a "Din is starving" quest? :)

Hopefully if Din starts in debt all that means is no town lottery for a while.

Bluddy
02-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Noticed in tonight's session (priest build starting from scratch) all in all, these are pretty minor:
- Still no burn status when I walk next to a fire. I just lose hit points.
- Din's altar still doesn't always play a sound when I heal with it. I get a 50% chance of hearing the heal sound.
- Trap guessing for doors and chests is weird. Usually at the beginning you have chests and doors that are mostly untrapped. Now my character guesses they're all sorts of traps, with 64-69% chance of being right, and he's almost always wrong - there's no trap.
- Many traps don't do anything when I step in them. This may be on purpose, but it's more common than I remember.
- Many explosive barrels don't explode and poison barrels don't poison. This may be on purpose too but again I don't remember this happening. Then again maybe I've gotten more adventurous.
- Evil gate can be stunned, which doesn't make sense of course.
- I had a quest from the weaponsmith, solved it, and was told that the reward item was in my inventory, but my inventory was full. I looked in my inventory but I'm pretty sure there wasn't anything there.
- I get a lot more empty vials. Don't know if it was intended or perhaps a town modifier, but I've already got 5 of them when in previous games I was lucky to have 1 or 2.

In terms of NPC pacing, it definitely seems a lot slower. I'll keep a watch out for it being too slow, but my first town was pretty decent: It was a small dungeon, and someone built a gate + there was some fighting, but nothing that spiralled out of control too fast.

Max_Powers
02-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Noticed in tonight's session (priest build starting from scratch) all in all, these are pretty minor:
- Din's altar still doesn't always play a sound when I heal with it. I get a 50% chance of hearing the heal sound.

Actually, what I have found is that it depends on what side of his altar you go up to. For me, every other side is either too loud or too quiet. It would be great if they were all made equal.

Bak
02-09-2011, 11:54 PM
- Many traps don't do anything when I step in them. This may be on purpose, but it's more common than I remember.
- Many explosive barrels don't explode and poison barrels don't poison. This may be on purpose too but again I don't remember this happening. Then again maybe I've gotten more adventurous.
- I had a quest from the weaponsmith, solved it, and was told that the reward item was in my inventory, but my inventory was full. I looked in my inventory but I'm pretty sure there wasn't anything there.

For the traps/barrels, perhaps your priest has an item with Disarm Trap? If the traps don't activate, but you get some exp, that's it. (I haven't seen this problem, so far.)

For the bonus item/full pack, this was discussed in the patch 16 (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21647#post21647) thread. Check your log, see if you got a message (like I normally do), or if you don't get anything (like Nim did).

Actually, what I have found is that it depends on what side of his altar you go up to. For me, every other side is either too loud or too quiet. It would be great if they were all made equal.

I see this too. I suspect this is surround sound, because consistently objects slightly above the character (forward) are loud, and objects below the character (behind) are quieter. But this is with my laptop speakers, I haven't checked if it is the same with headphones. And I don't have a 5+1 speaker set-up. :D

Bug of my own to report:
Townies poisoned the water, and the food got poisoned too. But when I visit the vendor, do not see the normal blinking icons for higher food/drink prices. (I don't remember the normal cost, so I don't know if the prices are still the same or higher.)

Edit: Just solved both the food and drink quests, and prices remained the same.

Bak
02-10-2011, 01:29 AM
My priest just got a Lightning bow as a Lvl 1 reputation gift. This is the first time I can remember where a character got a rep gift that was completely unusable.

Manumitted
02-10-2011, 04:03 AM
My priest just got a Lightning bow as a Lvl 1 reputation gift. This is the first time I can remember where a character got a rep gift that was completely unusable.

You're lucky, then. I have received many, many Lightning or Cold Revenge bows for non-bow-wielding characters, as well as Stormbringer staves for non-mages and various mail armor for soft armor types. The game makes no effort to ensure that the Reputation levelup gift is usable by that character, and the same goes for the set/unique item in the town-winning reward chest.

It's a random loot game, and one natural consequence of that is that most loot isn't usable by the character that finds it, even if it's a fancy set/unique item.

Shadow
02-10-2011, 09:53 AM
What happens now for reputation level up rewards:
1) tries a certain number of times to give you an appropriate item
2) if that fails, tries a number of times to give you any item

For Bak #1 failed, but instead of getting nothing like it used to the backup case #2 kicked in and you got something at least.

Bluddy
02-10-2011, 10:00 AM
What happens now for reputation level up rewards:
1) tries a certain number of times to give you an appropriate item
2) if that fails, tries a number of times to give you any item

For Bak #1 failed, but instead of getting nothing like it used to the backup case #2 kicked in and you got something at least.

That's pretty neat.

For some reason, I also ended up getting Lightning as my level 1 reward for my priest.

Roswitha
02-10-2011, 10:59 AM
- Trap guessing for doors and chests is weird. Usually at the beginning you have chests and doors that are mostly untrapped. Now my character guesses they're all sorts of traps, with 64-69% chance of being right, and he's almost always wrong - there's no trap.

I've also noticed that traps aren't going off and I don't get experience for them. I had a chest with an ice storm (in yellow) and I did my usual trick of open, wait for the click, and then run for cover. I never heard the click, the ice storm never happened, and I didn't get experience for a disarmed trap. Besides, my Disarm percentage was 0 for that chest.

Shadow
02-10-2011, 11:14 AM
The traps display on chests and doors is pretty broken right now, so just because it says there is a trap doesn't mean much right now. :)

ZeoZark
02-11-2011, 07:58 AM
In the final level of the dungeon, I ran into a teleporter room which contained two portals to the same gate. Also, it was the gate for the final level, which I was currently at. So both of them took me nowhere, it was like clicking on a town portal back in the surface to go back to the center of town. :p

Bluddy
02-11-2011, 09:41 AM
- Don't know if this is normal, but I have only 2 points in disarm trap and can disarm 25% of level 7 traps according to the text.
- Wampirs on fire have the fire centered below them (on the ground) instead of on them.
- I went up to a couple of poison mushrooms hoping they'll do massive damage to the enemy (it was a low level, still waiting for scaling mushrooms :) ). Hit the first mushroom -- nothing. Hit its neighbor, also nothing. Are poison mushrooms supposed to not work sometimes?
- Minor issue: Seems like starving happens quite rapidly from the time I get notification. I was in the dungeon when I got notified that someone's starving. A minute or 2 later I managed to get out and the person died. This happened a lot.
- A vendor in the dungeon was attacked by monsters. I killed the monsters, and the vendor kept attacking a statue and wouldn't talk to me because he thought the statue was an enemy that was close by.
- I'm in my priest's 2nd town which has a fairly deep dungeon. The town was cursed by a traitor and then got the plague from said traitor. The quest to solve both was on the 12th level, which meant that once I contracted either the curse of the plague, I'd be spending most of the game cursed. That's ok and it makes things interesting, but I'm guessing this could be a fairly common situation. It would be really nice if there was some way of getting the curse/plague off of myself. I might catch it again, but I'd have some time without it. Maybe an altar (the kind that regens/ids everything) could do that.

- Feedback on pacing so far: in this town, I've had a couple of nasty acts by different people which is nice -- I never used to get different people doing bad stuff, it used to be one bad seed. Got a renegade, who managed to both curse and plague the town (as mentioned above) before going renegade. It's nice that he hasn't managed to do the full gamut of bad things before going renegade. I'm hoping not to have too many more renegades unless I don't manage to kill him off (in which case I should expect bad seeds to go renegade with him). I've been getting many starvation quests, but it's possibly just a modifier.

Bak
02-11-2011, 11:18 AM
- I went up to a couple of poison mushrooms hoping they'll do massive damage to the enemy (it was a low level, still waiting for scaling mushrooms :) ). Hit the first mushroom -- nothing. Hit its neighbor, also nothing. Are poison mushrooms supposed to not work sometimes?

Mushrooms and exploding barrels (on fire) behave just like traps. Which is handy for my thief. :D Although I haven't seen the problem with traps/doors that other people are, if the bug is affecting your game it should also affect mushrooms.