PDA

View Full Version : Potion Addiction?

Rexferitus
12-18-2007, 08:51 AM
For example if I drink a Treasure Finding Elixir and then drink a Strength Elixir right after that, does that cancel out the effect of the Treasure Finding Elixir? As I noticed, it does...

And one more thing, when I have a Treasure Finding Elixir active and I also have a party member and we are slaying monsters, we kill a monster and the item drop is about to be decided, so then if my party member kills the creature then my Treasure Finding Elixir has no effect on quality or chance of the drop?

Shadow
12-18-2007, 10:07 AM
I believe that you can only have one elixir effect at once, so yes the treasure finding effect would get cancelled in this case.

You should get the treasure finding bonus even if your recruit killed the monster.

Delve
12-18-2007, 10:44 AM
I believe that you can only have one elixir effect at once, so yes the treasure finding effect would get cancelled in this case.

You should get the treasure finding bonus even if your recruit killed the monster.

That raises a related question. Maybe already answered elsewhere, but how do loot increasing items on recruits function? Do all equipped bonuses stack? What about in party vs in covenant house recruits? If a monster happens to wander into your house? etc.

Rexferitus
12-18-2007, 05:53 PM

So if I have the treasure finding bonus active on me and my party member kills the monster, the roll for the random item is the same as if I would have killed it? I get the same stuff I would have gotten if I would have killed the monster? Hope that doesn't sound confusing :D

Shadow
12-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Right now I don't think treasure find on your recruits is taken into account.

Anything killed by anyone in your covenant is counted as your covenant's kill, which then uses your bonuses. So yes it shouldn't matter if you or your recruits kill something, the item results should be the same.

Delve
12-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Right now I don't think treasure find on your recruits is taken into account.

So those X% magic find toys I'm not using should be trade-fodder. Good to know, thanks. :)