PDA

View Full Version : skeletons mod

Sintari
02-14-2011, 02:59 AM
Hey all,

Im new here, just got the game a few days ago. I am enjoying it very much. I am currently playing a lvl 30 Necromancer / Healer and was wondering if anyone had any mods made for improving the skeletons?

I'ts getting very boring casting nothing but summon skeleton in attempt to get champions or elites.

I downloaded the Mod file, but have no idea how to start or create a mod.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sintari

Bluddy
02-14-2011, 03:20 AM
Hey all,

Im new here, just got the game a few days ago. I am enjoying it very much. I am currently playing a lvl 30 Necromancer / Healer and was wondering if anyone had any mods made for improving the skeletons?

I'ts getting very boring casting nothing but summon skeleton in attempt to get champions or elites.

I downloaded the Mod file, but have no idea how to start or create a mod.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sintari

You'll go through quite a few skeletons as a necromancer -- they're cheap cannon fodder. I suggest also getting raise dead so you can raise elite or champion monsters that you defeat. The skeletons will then be your support troops.

Also I don't know if you discovered this already, but you can cast raise skeleton as soon as your skeletons are weak to replace them with new ones, effectively healing them.

Sintari
02-14-2011, 03:28 AM
Yeah, I've been recasting and recasting...
I like the class so far and have been doing what you mention.

I was just curious if there were any mods for it is all.

I'd like to do more with my toon than just run around casting summons all the time. I prefer the pet classes, but as it is now, all i do is recast skeletons.

I'd personally like to see a maximum of 5 skeletons, but they all get better with more points, instead of having 17 pets at lvl 100 or whatever everyone is getting.

I prefer quality over quantity.

Bluddy
02-14-2011, 03:47 AM
In terms of modifying the skill, it's pretty easy as most everything's in text files. For example, you can extract Database\skills.gdb from Assets\assets003.zip and place it in the Assets\ directory. Now search for 'SkillSkeleton' in the file. I think changing MonsterLevelPerUserLevel to a higher value should already make your skeletons stronger. There's also SkillSkeletonPerLevel where you can change MonsterLevel, so play around with it.

Disregarding the mod, you can use dark ritual to strengthen your skeletons, and blight/despair to weaken your enemies. This allows you to get much more mileage out of your skeletons, and allows you to do more things than just summon. At the end of the day though, skeletons are designed to be quantity, not quality, which is why the game lets you gain quite a few of them. For quality, you have raise dead.

Sintari
02-14-2011, 04:00 AM
Thanks for the replies

I'm gonna look into changing the mod, but all I want to change is how often you can get the champion / elite mobs. Any idea what i need to change for that to happen?

I dont want to make the skeletons uber powerful, i want to follow the game design for the most part. I just want to get the good summons faster without having to spam summon skeleton ALL the time..

thanks in advance

Bluddy
02-14-2011, 04:36 AM
My guess is that the way it's implemented, the chance of raising an elite/champion skeleton is the same as encountering one of those skeletons in a level. If so, changing one would change the other as well, which would not be good. In any case I can't find where in the text files these chances are controlled. They're probably global to all monsters anyway.

From the text files, it seems like champion/elite monsters are simply higher level than regular monsters, so increasing your skeletons' levels could be considered making them champions.

Sintari
02-14-2011, 05:00 AM
Bluddy,

Ok, im not sure im doing this right. I've tried several things. First I copied the skill file from assets001 / database onto my desktop. I changed the lvl of the skeletons from .5 to 2.0....(just to test out and make sure it was working).

I saved the file into a folder, zipped it up and and renamed it mod_skeletons and put it in the assets folder but it doesn't seem to be working?

Am i missing something? or can i just modify the existing file?

Thanks again

Bluddy
02-14-2011, 05:04 AM
The game first looks for any free text files (not in a zip). Create the "Din's Curse\Assets\Database" directory and put the modified skills.gdb file there.

You can also modify the zip file if you want though it's less recommended. For that you need to modify the "Din's Curse\Assets\assets003.zip", which is like an 'override' file.

Sintari
02-14-2011, 05:16 AM
Bluddy,

Ok, that did it, thanks for the help. I changed it back to 0.5 for now.

any idea what this line does?

MaxMonsterRarity VeryRare

Would changing that possibly affect how often the champions / elites get summoned?

Bluddy
02-14-2011, 05:25 AM
If you look in systems.gdb, you'll see that monsters actually have similar types as items: normal, common, uncommon, rare, very rare, unique, legend, boss. These are translated to normal, champion, elite, unique, legend, boss for monsters, where common/uncommon = champion and rare/very rare=elite.

MaxMonsterRarity VeryRare says the highest skeleton you can raise is the higher level 'elite' which in reality is 'very rare'. Otherwise you could raise unique monsters and bosses.

I'm pretty sure the game spawns your skeletons using the same chances as every other monster.

Shadow
02-14-2011, 10:34 AM
What you probably want to add is:
MinMonsterRarity Common
This should make it so all skeletons are raised as at least champions.

Sintari
02-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Shadow,

got it, works great...

Thank you very much!