PDA

View Full Version : Passive Skills/Abilities

Tryandmilkme
02-14-2011, 07:10 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before or taken care of, but is there a mod to allow characters to wear any armor, wield any weapon so on and so forth. Thanks in advance.

Bluddy
02-15-2011, 02:18 AM
I think it's pretty easy to do it yourself, except I seem to remember that there's a limitation.

If you look inside Din's Curse\Assets\assets3.zip, you'll find Database\skillTrees.gdb. Inside are all the skill trees of the different characters, which also determine what they can wear (leather, cloth etc.) and wield. You can copy over skills from character to character, but I believe there's a hard limit of 20 skills per skill tree, so you have to make sure you don't exceed that. In other words, you can't really make every tree have every weapon/armor skill, but you can make every character of yours have every weapon/armor skill by spreading the skills out between the trees that you choose. For example if you choose a rogue, you get Assassin, Trickster and Thief, so you can spread out axes, maces, plate armor etc between them.

After you modify the skillTrees.gdb put it in Din's Curse\Assets\Database directory and you're good to go.

Shadow might know another way to do it.

calienon
02-19-2011, 06:53 AM
This is something I've never really considered before, since it seems a bit OPed to be able to wield everything with 1 class lol.... but for fun, I went ahead and figured it out : )

All I did was the following:
1.) created a new file called "mod_allarmor.gdb" in my Assets/Database folder
2.) created a first entry in this file called "SkillBasicClothArmor2", with a copied contents of the "SkillBasicCLothArmor" skill.... I then added right after the line " ItemRequirement ArmorCloth" another line for leather,mail, and shield....

3.) created a 2nd entry called "SkillTreeMagician2 overrides SkillTreeMagician" with copied contents from the Skilltreemagician section in the skilltrees.gdb file...

4.) added another line in the first skills section for my new ClothArmor2 skill

5.), loaded up my magician hybrid character, and equipped a shield and mail armor : )

I would imagine you could add whatever you like to that skill, to make your jack of all items character, though perhaps there's a limit.... anyway, if you can't get this working yourself, let me know and I'll make an "allitems" skill and add it to all the trees and upload it here if you want (though this would be if I happen to check the forums which is infrequent lol)

ThrinticusZG
02-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Out of curiosity, why is it the assets3 folder - I mean, there seems to be the identical file in assets1 for example...

Crisses
02-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Out of curiosity, why is it the assets3 folder - I mean, there seems to be the identical file in assets1 for example...

I BELIEVE that Assets1 is the demo, Asset3 is the actual game files i.e. 3 overrides 1.

Shadow
03-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Basically assets001 and assets002 are the original files, whereas assets003 is the latest patch.