PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard shortcut for zoom?

CautiousChaos
12-19-2007, 12:38 AM
Hey folks,

I didn't see anything in the forums on this. Anyone know if there is a keyboard shortcut for zooming in and out of your character's position? If you have a mouse with a scrollwheel you can easily zoom in and out, but I've seen nothing about a keyboard shortcut. I don't recall seeing anything about the scrollwheel either, so it's possible I am just missing it.

Thanks...
cc

Kruztee
12-19-2007, 12:59 AM
Hey folks,

I didn't see anything in the forums on this. Anyone know if there is a keyboard shortcut for zooming in and out of your character's position? If you have a mouse with a scrollwheel you can easily zoom in and out, but I've seen nothing about a keyboard shortcut. I don't recall seeing anything about the scrollwheel either, so it's possible I am just missing it.

Thanks...
cc

As far as I know there is no keyboard shortcut for this...[scratches head], but there really should be I guess. Not everyone has a mousewheel I suppose, but most would.

I know that if you are not happy with the default zoom distance this can be changed in the options menu under the grahics options tab, but I guess that this doesn't help much if you need to change zoom levels on the fly.

Me, I just leave it zoomed all the way out. I like to have a good view of the surroundings, but monsters will tend to "pop" into view rather unnaturally sometimes.

Shadow
12-19-2007, 10:00 AM
There are no keys to zoom right now. You either need a mousewheel, change it on the options screen, or you can do it in the console if you really want to.

The console is really unsupported, but hit ~ to pull it down. Then type zoom # and hit enter. Where # is the zoom amount you want. I forget the exact range, but it is somewhere around 0.4 and 2.0. The default zoom is 1.0

CautiousChaos
12-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks, Shadow. The console certainly isn't a convenient way of accomplishing this, but perhaps it will be faster than trying to access the option screen.

cc

Shadow
01-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Page down and page up will zoom in and out in version 1.005 (the keys are configurable).

CautiousChaos
01-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Suuuper! thanks!
-cc