PDA

View Full Version : Announcing Zombasite

Shadow
12-09-2014, 12:31 PM
We are finally announcing our in development zombie RPG, Zombasite, today. You can read the game's description and feature list on the Zombasite overview page (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Overview.html).

booman
12-09-2014, 01:32 PM
I got the eblast about it!
Very nice
Looking forward to a new game from Soldak!

I hope there is a Linux version in the plans

Roswitha
12-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Hooray for another Soldak game.

The title had me puzzled for a bit until I read where it came from. Sounds nasty. :)

Here are a couple of minor punctuation nitpicks on the Overview.
Paragraph 3, line 4. "dark elves pride and lust" should be "dark elves' pride and lust".
Paragraph 4, line 3. "unstoppable-infecting" should be "unstoppable---infecting".

Any estimate for beta testing yet?

Shadow
12-09-2014, 01:53 PM
I hope there is a Linux version in the plans

A Linux version is planned.

Any estimate for beta testing yet?

Not really, maybe around March?

booman
12-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Awesome! I will be ready to test and/or play in Linux
You guys rock!

Shadow
12-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Paragraph 4, line 3. "unstoppable-infecting" should be "unstoppable---infecting".

Why 3 dashes btw?

Roswitha
12-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Why 3 dashes btw?

It's called an em-dash. It's used to separate clauses. — is the html command, but three dashes work too.

A single dash is a hyphen, used to link words. When I see "unstoppable-infecting" I expect it to be followed by a noun, like unstoppable-infecting monster.

Shadow
12-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the explanation Roswitha. I've fixed both issues.

Hannes-Erich
12-10-2014, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the newsletter! When Soldak speaks, I always know it's gonna be something worth hearing, and this time is no different. And I have really grown to love genre mashups over the past few years; I can't wait to see what Soldak has up its sleeve (but I guess I'll have to)!

By the way, when — can't be utilized--such as in many forum software packages--I just go with two dashes. I've been doing that for probably over a decade and have never been called out for it, so I guess it looks okay. :)