PDA

View Full Version : More adventurous Covenants

Logorouge
02-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Since I came back to DoP, I might as well learn how to mod the game and change a few things to better suit my tastes. First priority: Make the other covenants more adventurous! I want them to explore far and wide, hunt down monsters mercilessly and run after quest objectives like their lives depends on it.

But before that, I'll need some help in understanding those values:

// Easy/AVerage/Hard balance stuff

AdventureTypeTime 20.0
AlertTime 120.0
AlertAdventureTypeTimeMult 0.25

QuestChancePerBattle 0.05 (Chances to auto-complete an active quest?)
QuestXpMultMin 10.0
QuestXpMultMax 20.0 (Other covenants get x10-x20 experience for completing quests?)

// Mood stuff

SharedAdventureXp 5000 (Maximum Exp a rival covenant companion can earn during a shared adventure?)

Any help with those will be greatly appreciated.

P.S: Do I need the SDK for any of this? Seems like Notepad and Winzip are all I'll ever need.

Crisses
02-24-2011, 11:56 PM
I think the SDK is most helpful for people who are working with images/meshes.

Logorouge
02-25-2011, 12:01 AM
I see. Thanks for the info. :)

Shadow
02-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Let's see if I can actually remember this stuff. :)

AdventureTypeTime - time between checks of what they want to be doing (guarding the house, protecting the town, adventuring)
AlertTime - how long to stick around since the last threat near the covenant house
AlertAdventureTypeTimeMult - just modifies the AdventureTypeTime if on alert

QuestChancePerBattle - fake solving a quest
QuestXpMultMin & QuestXpMultMax - mult for fake quest
They can solve real quests, but many of the quests are player only. This balances it out some.

SharedAdventureXp - how much xp on a shared adventure before it changes your relationship with them

Ok, I cheated and looked at the code a little. :)

Logorouge
02-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks a lot! Knowing this, I'll be able to complete my mod and start testing the effects. :D