PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Requests

Crisses
02-25-2011, 09:54 AM
There's a few things that I'd like to see for Multiplayer:

1) When choosing a game, I'd like to know what the stats are after the name of the game. Please put a key on the screen, or make them more explicit?

2) Depending on what those are -- because it looks like gibberish to me -- I'd like to know the level of the dungeon, the level & class/s of the character who created it (or the level & classes of the characters currently in the game), and the chosen town modifiers (i.e. Very Fast Pace, Low Stress, Dangerous Monsters, etc.) Instead of centering the choice screen, offset it and add a "Detail screen" -- you select a town and the details are shown in the detail screen on the side. This way it's scrollable if need be (otherwise a pop-up would do).

3) There's no in-game "party" detail screen that I know of in DC -- to know the class of my companions I have to have them on-screen and point to them (and they rarely stand still). This would be nice to have on a party detail screen along with the ability to "ignore" their messages -- and if you started the game it would be nice to be able to kick, ban, etc. One hopes these things will never be necessary, but from playing Diablo on Battlenet I know that it's only a matter of time before we reach what I call the "***hole-ratio" (a certain percentage of ANY group are a-holes, and sometimes they ruin things for the rest of us. i.e. politicians -- not all are a-holes, but the ones who are ruin it for the rest of them). If someone's abusive or spamming, I don't know if we can boot them from a game.

4) Can you whisper to other players? i.e. in the absence of the ability to kick/ban/ignore one can create a passworded game and whisper to the other non-ahole player(s) what the access will be. It's a shame to have to go run & hide because someone's being a jerk, especially with so few multiplayer games being run currently.

I'm really trying to bring back more consistent multiplayer play, especially with Demon War being quite so out of hand -- I need the help. Eventually maybe we could do a mid-level (20 or 30) 100-wave-invasiThon with 20 people in the game -- it would be a hoot! It's already total chaos, so why not -- my covert-op character is itching to give it a try (I'd have to wean her off Din's Additionals first).

Crisses
02-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Oops, I figured out where it explains what the code after the game name is.

However, I don't know if it tells us whether it's a Demon War game or not -- and this will also be necessary with other expansion packs UNLESS the server ONLY shows us the games for which we are eligible. I was trying to join a game last night and kept simply getting an error and being unable to join. Probably a version/expansion/plug-in mismatch of some type, but I couldn't tell whether I could fix it on my side.

Shadow
02-28-2011, 04:45 PM
4) Can you whisper to other players? i.e. in the absence of the ability to kick/ban/ignore one can create a passworded game and whisper to the other non-ahole player(s) what the access will be. It's a shame to have to go run & hide because someone's being a jerk, especially with so few multiplayer games being run currently.

There isn't a way to whisper right now. This doesn't help you in game, but you can always PM people on the forums that you like to play with.

There is a hidden kick command though. If you started the server, open the console with ~, and type kick PlayerName and hit enter (PlayerName being what their actually character name of course). Hit ~ to get rid of the console again.

Crisses
02-28-2011, 05:00 PM
There is a hidden kick command though. If you started the server, open the console with ~, and type kick PlayerName and hit enter (PlayerName being what their actually character name of course). Hit ~ to get rid of the console again.

Kick is good enough for now, the others can be added to a "wishlist". Thanks :)

m0stly_harmless
02-28-2011, 05:44 PM
I second this "Wishlist".

Not that I ever have to kick my brother out of a game or anything like that...

:D