PDA

View Full Version : Impulse Version

Castruccio
02-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Will a copy of Demon War purchased from the Soldak site work with the Impulse version of the base game?

Castruccio
02-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Answered my own question. This forum post says yes: http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3181&highlight=impulse

Castruccio
02-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Next question. Is there an ETA from Shadow on an Impulse release?

alstein
02-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Usually it's slow, maybe a week or so.

My own question: will the CD-keys bought from the beta be activatable on Impulse, I'd like to link the game to my Impulse account.

Shadow
02-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Next question. Is there an ETA from Shadow on an Impulse release?

I will hopefully talk to them this week. I'm not sure how long it will take though.

Usually it's slow, maybe a week or so.

My own question: will the CD-keys bought from the beta be activatable on Impulse, I'd like to link the game to my Impulse account.

Usually I can do this manually (emailing Impulse), but I can't guarantee that it will be possible this time.

goodgimp
03-30-2011, 09:01 PM
I will hopefully talk to them this week. I'm not sure how long it will take though.

Any news on when this will be available via Impulse?

Shadow
03-31-2011, 05:44 PM
Any news on when this will be available via Impulse?

I've started approaching portals about the expansion, but I don't how long it will take.

alstein
04-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Impulse obviously has been very busy lately getting bought out by Gamestop, so it may take a while.

Shadow
04-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Impulse obviously has been very busy lately getting bought out by Gamestop, so it may take a while.

I was hoping that was an April Fool's joke, but it doesn't look like it. The last portal that we were involved with that got bought (Reflexive by Amazon) didn't go very well for us.

DarkShrike
04-01-2011, 01:44 PM
I was hoping that was an April Fool's joke, but it doesn't look like it. The last portal that we were involved with that got bought (Reflexive by Amazon) didn't go very well for us.

umm... UGH... I have a strong aversion to all things Gamestop these days. I stopped going to the physical stores long ago due to the snarky know-it-all attitude of the store clerks in my neighborhood and otherwise complete lack of anything resembling Customer Service.

The thought of them buying out impulse just makes me want to cry...

Maledictus
04-01-2011, 06:09 PM
This is very uncool, Stardock losing Impulse. I kinda liked it and have several games on there, but Gamestop is not the best name in the business. It seems Stardock is going out of its way to say nothing will change, but that may no longer be Stardock's call. Very uncool.

DeathKnight1728
04-01-2011, 09:57 PM
umm... UGH... I have a strong aversion to all things Gamestop these days. I stopped going to the physical stores long ago due to the snarky know-it-all attitude of the store clerks in my neighborhood and otherwise complete lack of anything resembling Customer Service.

The thought of them buying out impulse just makes me want to cry...

I agree 100%. Although i dont know that much about impulse, i do know that gamestop clerks dont know good games. Every game they recommend is either really popular (which means nothing), on xbox 360 or ps3, (which i dont play cause i hate 3rd and 1st person), not on pc (which is my forte) or....just a bad recommendation. Ive had some of those fools think that oblivion and dragon age are better than baldurs gate series. They just focus on graphics.

bushwhacker2k
04-02-2011, 05:41 PM

I have on occasion gotten that, no idea how that happens.

I hope I'm not going off-topic, but as an example:

I entered one Gamestop, found a used copy of No More Heroes for 20$ and then found a new copy for 16$, obviously this implies they need to either switch labels or update the used price. I brought both up to show them and the reasonable fellow at the cash register said it was weird and got the manager (I assume, large, bearded, somewhat unfriendly looking fellow) and after viewing them for a few seconds the manager just flat out said that it was correct and there was no mistake.

At first I was just confused, but now I think he may have thought he was a jedi and was in fact using a jedi mind trick on me. Either that or his glasses are worthless or he should probably be fired.

---

Also! The game ads on the TVs in gamestop make me want to puke.

I just blanched when I heard a guy say, with no sarcasm in his voice, "For every great movie is a great game". This isn't just basely my opinion but in general when movies try to cash in on the game industry it's usually a piece of junk with no innovation.

I don't hate Gamestop completely, but I have found a number of things that make me prefer other places/things (Steam).

---

The fact that their objective is generally to make a sale (often with an expensive new pretty game that would appeal to people with little to no knowledge of gaming) makes it very hard to listen to their advice. I have occasionally found an agreeable employee though.

K.I.L.E.R
04-09-2011, 05:41 AM
So I can buy Demon War from Gamer's Gate and it will work with the Impulse version of Din's Curse?

Erevos
04-09-2011, 09:54 AM
i've bought Din's Curse from impulse, they got the money but still no email, what should i do?

alstein
04-09-2011, 02:03 PM
i've bought Din's Curse from impulse, they got the money but still no email, what should i do?

Check Spam folder- if you still don't have an email, contact Stardock/Impulse Support. If you have IRC access hit irc.stardock.com #impulse. IRC can often get a resolution fast with Stardock, I suspect that won't change with Gamestop, since it will be the same employees.

Personally, while I understand why many folks distrust Gamestop (I've had issues myself), I don't think they'll screw this up. Too much of their future relies on DD- this is probably the last console generation they'll be able to sell used games.

Shadow
04-09-2011, 05:36 PM
So I can buy Demon War from Gamer's Gate and it will work with the Impulse version of Din's Curse?

That is a good question. There isn't anything that I have done that would prevent this and the Impulse version does work with the expansion directly from us, so I would guess that it would work.

Has anyone else tried this yet?

Erevos
04-09-2011, 09:21 PM
That is a good question. There isn't anything that I have done that would prevent this and the Impulse version does work with the expansion directly from us, so I would guess that it would work.

Has anyone else tried this yet?

I've just did :) its working great!!!

goodgimp
05-02-2011, 11:56 PM
So did the Gamestop acquisition of Impulse put the brakes on this getting released on that platform? Still waiting for it to come out, but no luck so far.

Shadow
05-03-2011, 10:53 AM
So did the Gamestop acquisition of Impulse put the brakes on this getting released on that platform? Still waiting for it to come out, but no luck so far.

We are in the process of getting DW on Impulse. I'm not sure how long it is going to take though.