PDA

View Full Version : Fan Day April 9th

Delilah Rehm
03-02-2011, 01:41 PM
And... that's a wrap! Back to game playing. :)

__________________________________________________ _________________________

APRIL 9th, 5 PM to 8 PM central time
at STARBUCKS 1101 W. Parker Rd. Plano, TX 75023 (northwest corner of Parker and Alma)
Offical Reps: STEVEN, DELILAH, STEVE H.
FAN DAY - BE THERE unless you are: a) not cool, or b) live too far away. ;)

Okay, so the offical fan day is going to be April 9th, 2011 from 5 PM to 8 PM at a Starbucks (Steven will clarify which one) in Plano Texas.

Steven, Delilah and Steve H (lead artist) will be attending.

It's official people! I hope to see one or three of you there. ;) We'll do some kind of online fan day later in April/May.

Maledictus
03-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Would love to come but flying in from NL is going to be a bit much, I'm afraid. Too bad, I'd like to know what the whole Starbucks thing is all about. Must be one great cuppa coffee.

Max_Powers
03-02-2011, 07:22 PM
I would attend, but I am afraid this might be one of those cases of reverse stalker syndrome. I am just that awesome :p:D

Seriously though, this would be cool, but I am also too far away. Best of luck. Watch out for the crazies...

Shadow
03-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Yeah, this is my plan to stalk some fans for a change. :)

Kruztee
03-09-2011, 06:44 AM
Awww, this sounds so awesome.
Just wish I didn't live 9000 miles away from you dudes...:(

Kreb
03-15-2011, 01:36 PM
I'll be there!

How will I know who to look for?

Shadow
03-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Ok the Starbucks we are going to meet at is at 1101 W. Parker Rd. Plano, TX 75023.

This is the northwest corner of Parker and Alma.

Hopefully we don't overfill the place or annoy Starbucks. :)

I'm a little over 6 feet tall and bald so I shouldn't be too hard to find. Maybe Delilah will wear her Depths of Peril shirt?

Delilah Rehm
03-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Buckets of Kittens...

I've added details to the first post. :-)

Delilah Rehm
03-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Picture of me on my twitter account - http://twitter.com/#!/Del9lah

Delilah Rehm
04-03-2011, 07:17 PM
LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY!

Steven, Delilah and Steve H (lead artist) will be attending.

DeathKnight1728
04-03-2011, 10:13 PM
I wish there was a day where we can play dins with all you guys, that'd be cool.

Caal
04-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Can't get there for Fan Day, but I hope everyone who goes has fun, and Happy Birthday Delilah!

Delilah Rehm
04-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Thanks Caal! :)

Tonight is going to be fun!!! I'll let you know how it turned out. :D

LESS THAN 6 HOURS TO GO...

Delilah Rehm
04-09-2011, 06:47 PM
House sitter is here and we are on our way. :)

Kreb
04-09-2011, 11:31 PM
I had a great time at fan day! It was really nice to be able to meet you guys.

PixelLord
04-10-2011, 12:26 AM
I had a great time at fan day! It was really nice to be able to meet you guys.

Me too! Kreb, it was great to meet and talk with you! Also it was my first time to meet Delilah ...which was Delightful! :) I wish the world was a smaller place so some of you others could have made it too. You would have had a great time. Thanks to everyone who is a fan of Soldak and were there in spirit.

And I FORGOT to wish Delilah Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday, Delilah!!

Delilah Rehm
04-10-2011, 11:59 AM
It really was fun! :) Thanks Steve.

We definitely have to do it again... Maybe sometime after the next game. Also tba, online fan day is still in the works.

Castruccio
04-10-2011, 12:29 PM
It really was fun! :) Thanks Steve.

We definitely have to do it again... Maybe sometime after the next game. Also tba, online fan day is still in the works.

Sounds like everyone had a good time. Can't wait for the online fan day.

Kreb
04-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Also, as a service to my fellow Soldak fans, I can report a couple of things:

(1) The next game will NOT be Depths of Peril 2; and
(2) Delilah and Steven the artist (not the programmer) were obviously VERY excited about the upcoming game and seemed to really wanted to share details. But Steven (the programmer) wouldn't let them.

So it sounds like we will have some fun times ahead.

Shadow
04-11-2011, 12:59 PM
I never did explain why I don't talk too early about unknown things. It's not that I don't want to talk about them. It's not me trying to control the marketing flow like bigger companies. It's also not me worrying about other companies stealing our ideas.

What it is about is trying to not disappoint our gamers. I try not to talk about things that aren't for sure happening or don't exist yet. There are lots of developers that talk about their vision of the game (like Molyneux), later people go and buy the game based on what the developer has said over the years of development, and then they are disappointed because none of the cool stuff actually made it into the game or the game ended up being something completely different than the original intent.

DarkShrike
04-11-2011, 01:57 PM
a) I was never considered cool enough for this sort of thing
b) Too far away but I would have LOVED to come

OH, and consider this my indication that I am interested in and willing to plop down money on the table to help beta the next game when the time comes.

Dins.Curse.Is.FUN!

Sounds like everyone that did attend had fun. I'm jealous :o

Roswitha
04-12-2011, 10:21 AM
So how many people attended? So far we know about Delilah, both Stevens, and Kreb.

Shadow
04-12-2011, 12:55 PM
So how many people attended? So far we know about Delilah, both Stevens, and Kreb.

It was just the 4 of us.

Kreb
04-12-2011, 04:36 PM
It was just the 4 of us.

I was fan day. Emphasis on the singular!

Castruccio
04-12-2011, 05:05 PM
It was just the 4 of us.

If you guys ever come to the east coast for anything, you should have a Fan Day East. I bet if you passed through NYC you could get a bigger number.

Shadow
04-12-2011, 05:57 PM
We probably would have had a bunch more people if we had mentioned anything outside of the forums, but then we probably would have ended up with a lot of random people not real fans.