PDA

View Full Version : Runtime error!

highpricetopay
03-07-2011, 12:24 PM
I was playing Din's Curse today and had a crash. After I came back it was ok for a bit, and then my hot buttons weren't working and turned red so I quit out and restarted my computer. Now whenever I try to load that character I get the following message:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Din's Curse\DinsCurse.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Shadow
03-10-2011, 11:32 AM
That's strange. Can you send me the save files for that character?

Vista/Win7 - C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DinsCurse\User\chars
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\DinsCurse\User\chars
Mac - /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/DinsCurse/User/chars

You might be able to start a new world with that character to get around the problem.

highpricetopay
03-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Here are the files. How would I start a new world? As soon as I hit resume or select the character from the character selection screen and go to play it crashes.

Aet
03-14-2011, 02:49 AM
The Create New World (Abandon Old) option should pop up right after you select a character, when it offers the option to resume the current world or start a new one. Sounds like it crashes before even letting you get to that point.

Shadow
03-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Here are the files. How would I start a new world? As soon as I hit resume or select the character from the character selection screen and go to play it crashes.

Unfortunately it looks like the character is corrupted. I can't see any obvious reason why either. However I did manage to recover most of the important parts of the character, which is attached.

highpricetopay
03-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Works great. Thanks!