PDA

View Full Version : Mod: Bag prerequisite remover

Manumitted
03-11-2011, 11:04 PM
The following mod removes character level requirements for bags of 12-slot size or below:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d0fsczlm9cd4443

148 items per mule should be adequate for all but the worst OCD cases. They can easily extend the mod to the 14- and 16-slot bags if they're drowning in the things.

I created the mod because it's a waste of my gaming time* to level up a mule to the point where he can use the bigger bags. The 10 minutes to get one to L4 for the 8-slot bags is one thing, but the two hours to get one to L12 for the 10-slot bags was completely unacceptable.

The mod can be moved out of the assets directory without removing a level-inadequate character's ability to deposit or withdraw items from the now too-big bags. He just can't move the bags anymore. This could be useful for multiplayer with people not using the mod.

*I suppose I could (and have) twink the mule in an L24 starting town, using massive gear loans to get him to L12 in about 10 minutes, but that's awfully artificial.

The Coffee God
03-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Speaking of of bags, I got curious about something, and this seems like as good a place as any to ask.

When modding bags, are they hard capped at 16, or can you actually make them carry more, like say, 30.

4 30 slots would do me just fine for my inventory, since I like to just sit in a town until I clear out all the levels before moving on.

Manumitted
03-12-2011, 02:19 AM
Changed bag sizes 16 and under are OK. If you specify a size beyond 16, the bag doesn't open anymore, but its items are safe until you remove the mod or change it to an acceptable size.

I haven't tried reducing the size of a bag below its present number of items held, but I doubt it would end well.