PDA

View Full Version : Collecting Books, Time of Day changes

fathamburger
12-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi,

Great game, really enjoyed it and sucked me in far more than many of the high profile games this Xmas :)

I have two questions though.

1) collecting all the books, I have 21/40 right now with The Great War 4 and required Barbarian Reading Collections complete on normal difficulty and have beaten the storyline quests. It seems that I've capped out on getting new books for awhile, but maybe it's luck. So is it random? or do I need to start again on a higher difficulty?

2) So, how do I trigger time of day changes and for the reason I'm asking ;) should I keep the current game with story finished or start a new one for what I'm looking for?

Shadow
12-24-2007, 06:22 PM
The book drops are random but they are spread out in their level requirements up to around level 50 I think. So you will have to go to the next difficulty level to collect all of them.

The day/night cycles are just based on time. There isn't anything that triggers them.

fathamburger
12-31-2007, 10:15 AM
Well they're not totally random in case anyone else is wondering. I've already gotten bored of my warrior, it's just improvement after 25 essentially so I started a rogue and a priest to try them out and also pass the missing books to my warrior. The books are all the same and are coming in them same order (roughly) and after the same events. I'm guessing you set about 20-25 books for the first difficulty and left the rest for the difficulty after 25 correct?

The day/night cycle only changes if you go away to another location and fight a bit before coming back, I left the game idle for quite some time and nothing changed. Just a FYI for anyone else

Shadow
12-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Well the books drop randomly, but they each have a level associated with them like most items. So the order will be similar each time.

There are 40 tomes in the game. I don't remember exactly how they are spread out, but it wouldn't surprise me any if 20 were before level 25 and 20 were after.