PDA

View Full Version : Equiping recruits?

ShaggyMoose
12-26-2007, 09:55 AM
When you ask to see a recruits equipment, it only shoes a weapon, chest armour and a shield. Is it possible to give other equipment to recruits to equip?

Also, I would just like to say that its great that this game is not just another Diablo clone. I have avoided buying a new dungeon crawl for a long time because they all feel the same. The inclusion of some 4X strategy aspects is intruiging and despite its mish mash of features, DoP still feels very cohesive. Congratulations to the developers. I hope it does really well.

Kruztee
12-26-2007, 10:16 AM
When you ask to see a recruits equipment, it only shoes a weapon, chest armour and a shield. Is it possible to give other equipment to recruits to equip?

No it isn't.

ShaggyMoose
12-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Okay, so I have only done this once and I am pretty sure that's all I saw. Not the multitude of slots I see when equiping my own character. So, how does it work?

Kruztee
12-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Okay, so I have only done this once and I am pretty sure that's all I saw. Not the multitude of slots I see when equiping my own character. So, how does it work?

Simply equip items to the recruits as you would to you own character. Some characters cannot equip certain items, though. The rules are the same for player characters. (Mages cannot equip longswords, neither can a warrior equip a staff, for example). Some recruits can spawn with the ability to wear plate mail, so keep a look out for those guys.

Anaxim
12-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Actually, that's the whole point of a recruit - a sidekick.
All Covenants have a Hero and a Recruits.
The Hero has a full set of equipable, whilst the REcruits are just scant creatures of plain aid. As you may see, when you adventure with another Covenant, they give you their fully equipped Hero. Recruits are tools, Heroes are weapons. Just as a normal hammer isn't quite as god as a warhammer, so is a recruit next to a hero.

ShaggyMoose
12-26-2007, 05:42 PM
I am confused now. The 3 equipment slots I see when I talk to a sidekick; this is the only equipment I can give them? Kruztee´s and Anaxim´s posts seem contradictory, or I am not getting the point.

Also, it would be cool if when you were viewing a sidekicks inventory, the usage equipment usage markers were related to that sidekick instead of always yourself.

Josia
12-26-2007, 06:33 PM
I am confused now. The 3 equipment slots I see when I talk to a sidekick; this is the only equipment I can give them? Kruztee´s and Anaxim´s posts seem contradictory, or I am not getting the point.

Yeah, it came across as confusing. End result is that you can only equip a weapon, chestpiece, and shield for recruits.

Also, it would be cool if when you were viewing a sidekicks inventory, the usage equipment usage markers were related to that sidekick instead of always yourself.

Of note is that if you pick up an item while a Recruit's inventory is open, you'll see a green or red box around the appropriate spot depending on whether or not the recruit can equip the selected item. This may be along the lines of what you're looking for.

ShaggyMoose
12-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks a lot for clearing that up Josia.