PDA

View Full Version : Stunning / Incapacitating

bushwhacker2k
03-19-2011, 01:56 PM
I am a huge power gamer, and as such I like to know the specifics of what my skills do.

For dealing with melee/archer enemies, the Demon Hunter's Terrorize/Spirit Strike/Demonic Roar almost entirely neutralizes them as a threat. For other instances: magic-users, thorns aura, or DoTs, I find that sometimes the Demon Hunter's big 3 debuffs aren't always enough.

So I looked through all of the subclasses for any stunning type abilities I could find.

Stun - Shield Bash, Block, Riposte, Paladin's Passive Stunning Blow, Shock Bolt, Shock Wave, Thunder Bolt, Shield Blast, Shield Sweep, Possession,

Sheep(Stun that breaks if damage is taken, btw if you have a better name for this term, please mention it :D) - Daze, Smokescreen, Blinding Flash

Isolate(Stunned but cannot damage) - Ice Prison

Immobilized(Not stunned, but can't move) - Net Trap

Change Allegiance - Demonic Control

Unsure - Tornado

If I missed any, please let me know. Anyways I noticed when I was playing as a Defender that Block and Riposte were quite powerful but almost useless against spell-casters. I made an archer because shock bolt sounded quite useful but it seems that it doesn't always stun and it doesn't list a % telling me how often it works.

Anyways! My main point is that I want to make a character specialized in stunning his enemies, what class(es) do you think would be best at this and how?

Manumitted
03-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Tornado and Fire Maelstrom ought to be listed under Immobilized.

A Paladin/Defender ought to be good for stunning both on the outgoing and incoming directions.

DeathKnight1728
03-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Paladins are usually the better part of stun wise as all you really need are 3 things

-10 points of stunning blow
-A weapon (preferably a sword) that gives a bonus to stun
-And finally some item that give stun.

With those 3 things you can expect to see stun at maybe 10 or 12 percent, which is pretty good considering that they are losing 3 seconds 1 every 10 hits. Im eventually going to try a ranged class at it, i think archer/paladin would be cool. I just need a bow.

These will work and all have some form of stun that is reliable-

-Weaponmaster/paladin. Maximize mace mastery and mace mastery mixed with shields giving you double the power. You could use swords too. Whirlwind for aoe and stunning blow, its a pretty good deal.

-Archer/paladin. This is the ranged user i think would work really well. Bow mastery, stunning blow, evade, and one of the bow attacks.

-Hunter/paladin. If you are more into sneaky ambush ranged fighting, take this guy. With serrated arrow, light touch, traps and stunning blow, you should be alright. Wont do as much damage as an archer but will be more survivor like.

-Assassin/defender. The ultimate in awesome characters. This guy is great, almost just as tough as a warrior and can be very deadly. With lots of passives, you can do almost everything melee. You have 3 defensive attacks-riposte stuns and you should use no matter what, the other two are more conditional wise. Revenge is deadly and can use more often, whereas retaliation you cannot. You also have block to stun as well. Deathblow is awesome too when you get higher.

Those are just builds that suit my style.

Shadow
03-25-2011, 03:34 PM
I made an archer because shock bolt sounded quite useful but it seems that it doesn't always stun and it doesn't list a % telling me how often it works.

I should display this in the game, but Shock Bolt has a 20% chance of stun.

bushwhacker2k
03-25-2011, 09:43 PM
I should display this in the game, but Shock Bolt has a 20% chance of stun.

Oh, didn't know that :D

Thanks, Shadow, that'd be helpful.

---

Oh! Would using items or the Paladin's passive stunning blow bonus cause Shock Bolt to stun more often?

Shadow
03-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Oh! Would using items or the Paladin's passive stunning blow bonus cause Shock Bolt to stun more often?

No, it's just a straight 20%.