PDA

View Full Version : Questions: scale Monsters, NPC and player; death animation speed

Evander
03-20-2011, 03:58 PM
I decided today that some monsters are way to big and that perhaps I will scale them down and see how the game looks like.

It works nice, but one thing that occurred to me is that player model doesn't seem to scale with NPCArchetype.

Does anyone know where the scale of player model is hidden?

Second thing:
Some death animations, like those for Chaos Lords and Sentinels are way too long. Is there any way to increase the speed at which they are played?

Manumitted
03-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Second thing:
Some death animations, like those for Chaos Lords and Sentinels are way too long. Is there any way to increase the speed at which they are played?

Yes. Pause the game. Pending animations keep running but aren't displayed. Pending sounds have the the same unpausible issue but do keep playing while paused.* Unpause, and the game resumes drawing at the current frame, skipping the ones that went by while paused.

*I have reported both of these as bugs.

Despair
03-21-2011, 02:50 AM
i personally like the chaos knight death animation and it lenght, its kind of theatrical.

Shadow
03-21-2011, 02:13 PM
The player's scale is probably defined in classes.gdb.

You can slow down or speed up animations by adding an fps command to that animation in the mdl file. For example,
unhide rise.mda fps 40
would make the animation go at 40 fps (instead of 20).

Evander
03-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks for replies

I am playing now with monster scale set to 0.9 for average monsters, and 0.85 for really big ones. Small monsters like wisps I left unchanged.

Apart from my character now being somewhat too big, the game plays differently... I can't quite describe it, but it is better.

Monsters fits better to the corridors, and now the dungeons look more immerse.