PDA

View Full Version : Failed mission?

ShaggyMoose
12-26-2007, 10:03 AM
I failed a collection mission for no apparent reason. Does this mean another covenant member finished the mission before I did? If so, that is really cool.:)

Kruztee
12-26-2007, 10:14 AM
I know that you can fail collection missions for the apothecary if the timer runs down to zero. This also implies the death of one of the townsfolk.

ShaggyMoose
12-26-2007, 10:19 AM
I can't remember which townsperson it was for, but I was supposed to collected brains of some description. I didn't notice the timer; does it show in the quest log?

Kruztee
12-26-2007, 10:31 AM
The quest log will definately show if some town NPC has died, that may help.

I believe that the opposition convenants will attempt the collection quests though. At the levels I play at, I don't ever recall being beaten to the chase though...

Shadow
12-26-2007, 11:38 AM
There at least a couple ways you can fail a gather quest. Some of them have timers. In this case it would mention it in the quest text, you would have a timer on the main screen, and when it gets down to the last minute you will hear a tick sound on each second.

Another way is that if you take too long the town might deem it important enough to send someone else after the desired item. If the NPC that they send succeeds, the town will no longer need the item and you will fail the quest.

colo
12-26-2007, 11:13 PM
if the NPC the town sends to get supplies fails, that NPC ends up needing rescue:)