PDA

View Full Version : What happens to quests where the NPC you have to return to dies?

DanielZKlein
03-25-2011, 12:49 AM
Simple question: the quest giver has died. I still have the quest as completed in my quest log. Do I manually have to abandon it? If so, why? Why can't it just show up as "Failed (quest giver died)"? Also, will my town get a new warmaster?

bushwhacker2k
03-25-2011, 12:55 AM
Unless I'm quite mistaken you can still turn in the quests, but you need to hire a new quest-giver of that type. You can do this through a quest you get as you go on.

Sorry that I can't give specifics, but I'm almost certain you can turn them in. BUT if your Steward, Warmaster and Apothecary(in fact, not sure apothecary is that important) then your town is gone.

But if you have a quest from a specific townmember who dies, then I think it's worthless.

Roswitha
03-25-2011, 12:58 AM
Sooner or later you will get a quest from the steward to get a new warmaster.

If a regular townsperson gives you a quest and then dies, it will get a "Failed: npc died" notice.

If your steward, warmaster and apothecary all die or are incapacitated (e.g. petrified), you lose the town. The other quirk is that the steward has the quest to replace the warmaster, the apothecary has the quest for the steward, and the warmaster has the quest for the the apothecary.

Unless it's a quest to collect something, you don't need to have it in your quest log; the game keeps track automatically. You can turn in quests that you never accepted in the first place.

Bak
03-25-2011, 11:34 AM
If a regular townsperson gives you a quest and then dies, it will get a "Failed: npc died" notice.

For the most recent version, I can remember having to manually remove a quest due to the townsperson dying (without getting a "failed" or "obsolete" message). I'll try to pay more attention to the situation, if I notice it happen again.

Hmm... my memory may be wrong, but I think I found all of the items for the quest (solved), but the townsperson died before I could make it back to town.

Valgor
03-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Sooner or later you will get a quest from the steward to get a new warmaster.

Actually, it's the Apothecary who recruits a new Warmaster.