PDA

View Full Version : Demon's war or Din's Curse

erez
03-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Hi,
I want to get Din's Curse and Demon's War, but wanted to know how do the two relate, meaning, if I play Demon's War, do I get the same experience of Din's curse, or are those completely different in nature?

To expand, supposed Din's curse have 3 dungeons A, B, C and Demon's War has 2, D and E. Do I get to play A-E by installing both Din's and Demon's or do I need to play Din's A-C, then install Demon's for D-E? I am asking that because I saw Din's was starting with a dungeon and Demon's started with a Crypt and I wondered if this was simply random or do the two differ in the gameplay.

I've scourged any piece of information and couldn't figure out this question.

Bluddy
03-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Demon War gives you everything DC has and more, so you don't miss out on anything in DC if you install DW, and you get a lot more stuff.

The dungeon type in every town is random. DW has more dungeon types, so you will run into the same type of dungeon (crypt, dungeon, cave) a little less often.

erez
03-27-2011, 06:15 AM
Great, thanks.

One more, somewhat anal, question, though. I noticed the game is "part of the Depths of Peril" world, are there any plot connection, or are the two games just in the same campaign setting like two unconnected Forgotten Realms games, for example.

Bluddy
03-27-2011, 07:44 AM
I kind of wish there was a stronger connection. The few connections you'll find in the game is that some of the monsters are the same ones that appear in Depths of Peril, and that NPCs will often give you bits of the lore from DoP.

DoP had really great short stories that you found as you went through the game, as well as monster descriptions that gave you their context in the game world. Sadly, DC lacks these things. It gives you monster descriptions in the bestiary, but they're detached from the lore.

In other words, your second guess (2 Forgotten Realms campaigns) is closer to the situation here. There is a general plot connection in that both games take place right after the 4th Great War. DC shows what's happening with the humans whereas DoP features the barbarians. But DoP has much more real story content than DC does.

erez
03-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks Bluddy, I'll try the Depths demo after I'm done with Din's