PDA

View Full Version : Zombasite Early Access

Shadow
10-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Our fantasy zombie apocalypse action RPG, Zombasite, is now available in Early Access! Buy Zombasite directly from us (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Buy.html) or from Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/408960/) now!

ScrObot
10-13-2015, 04:58 PM
I'm assuming it's preferable to buy direct at this point, as Steam sale numbers aren't as important in Early Access?

booman
10-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Awesome! Great to hear another Linux game is in Early Access! Congrats!

kerzain
10-13-2015, 05:02 PM
I just received the email notifying me that early access is now available for Zombasite, and I was debating whether to get the game through Steam or direct through Soldak.com. My only concern is that because this is an early access title, I'm guessing there will be several patches/updates between now and final release. So my question is this, does the game client have a built-in update system, or will I have to manually keep track of, download, and apply beta patches on my own if I end up buying the early access version through Soldak.com (as opposed to just buying through Steam and letting updates happen there automatically)?

Castruccio
10-13-2015, 05:05 PM
Bought. Looking forward to helping shape the game!

DarkShrike
10-13-2015, 05:09 PM
*rises from the dead*
I'm back to put the smackdown on some zombies...

pre-ordered!

DarkShrike
10-13-2015, 05:15 PM
Small hiccup ( I think.. it could still be stupid user error). Sent you a PM Shadow.

*resolved* -Thank you for the speedy reply :)

alstein
10-13-2015, 05:20 PM
Been waiting for this.

Critical bug found already. When I launch the game (Steam version windows 10)- the mouse autoscrolls to the left and it makes the game unplayable. Reboot didn't change things.

Anyone else having this issue- I need to hit bed soon, I wonder if it will work that way on my laptop tonight.

DarkShrike
10-13-2015, 05:25 PM
It didn't do that for me. Direct purchase edition on a laptop.

Been waiting for this.

Critical bug found already. When I launch the game (Steam version windows 10)- the mouse autoscrolls to the left and it makes the game unplayable. Reboot didn't change things.

Anyone else having this issue- I need to hit bed soon, I wonder if it will work that way on my laptop tonight.

Shadow
10-13-2015, 05:28 PM
I'm assuming it's preferable to buy direct at this point, as Steam sale numbers aren't as important in Early Access?

I'm actually not sure which would be better. We will make more money if you buy directly from us. However, the more we sell on Steam the better chance we will show up on Steam's top seller lists.

So my question is this, does the game client have a built-in update system, or will I have to manually keep track of, download, and apply beta patches on my own if I end up buying the early access version through Soldak.com (as opposed to just buying through Steam and letting updates happen there automatically)?

We don't have an auto-updater, so you would need to apply our patches here and there. Our patches are usually relatively painless, but I can understand why people might like the Steam auto-patch stuff better.

Do you have any controllers plugged in? We still have controller code in, although it isn't implemented very well yet.

kerzain
10-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Okay, thanks for the info. Will pick up a copy when I get home tonight.

Krob
10-13-2015, 06:41 PM
The screen sometimes goes black fully or partially. I've started 2 games and both have done it almost immediately after leaving the fort area and then from time to time when wandering outside.

Update: I started a new thread for this, not catching that this didn't post due to moderation. Issue may be caused by anti-aliasing or bloom. Haven't fiddled enough to be definitive.

Wolvie
10-13-2015, 07:06 PM
I'm guessing there is no steam key on release when buying direct from yourselves? I'd rather you got more of my money than valve but I like the ease of Steam.

caldazar
10-13-2015, 07:45 PM
Our fantasy zombie apocalypse action RPG, Zombasite, is now available in Early Access! Buy Zombasite directly from us (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Buy.html) or from Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/408960/) now!

Congrats! I've picked it up on Steam - and most likely will buy another copy here later on.

Tuidjy
10-13-2015, 08:03 PM
I'm downloading it now, from Steam.

Where would you like the feedback? Here or on Steam?

Shadow
10-13-2015, 08:23 PM
I'm guessing there is no steam key on release when buying direct from yourselves? I'd rather you got more of my money than valve but I like the ease of Steam.

It's not automatic, but if you email me I can provide a Steam key.

Where would you like the feedback? Here or on Steam?

Either place is fine.

ScrObot
10-13-2015, 11:09 PM
Will the patches to the Steam and non-Steam versions all happen at the same time, or will I potentially be more up to date with the standalone version?

HuntingU
10-13-2015, 11:20 PM
Awesome! I'm Downloading it now! and I'm off tomorrow! so THE TESTING WILL SHOW ME THE LIGHT. lol i'm just gonna play the game all day to get a feel for it, after about 8 hurs or so, i should be able to write an accurate review for Zombasite. I'm already confident that its an Improved version of Din's Curse, one of my all-time fav. games! so lets get to work! i'll provide as much feedback as i can!

alstein
10-14-2015, 02:22 AM
Do you have any controllers plugged in? We still have controller code in, although it isn't implemented very well yet.

Actually, I have a Hori RAP Kai plugged in (an arcade stick, as I play fighting games on Steam primarily such as USF4 and Arcana Heart right now)

That probably would not be good for playing traditional PC games, as its a controller designed for arcade games.

Edit: that was the problem. This needs to be patched, but it works now!

Woozywyver
10-14-2015, 06:00 AM
Will definitely be ordering this tonight when I get in. :)

Shadow
10-14-2015, 10:16 AM
Will the patches to the Steam and non-Steam versions all happen at the same time, or will I potentially be more up to date with the standalone version?

I'm hoping to post both at about the same time.

DeathKnight1728
10-14-2015, 11:06 AM
For some reason it wont allow me to play game as license number wont register. Where can I find the correct number to put into the beginning to play game? I bought it through the soldak website.

Shadow
10-14-2015, 12:25 PM
There should be a registration key in the email that contains the download link (I believe it shows up on the webpage after the order also).

Professor Paul1290
10-14-2015, 10:35 PM
Not directly related to this game, but I just noticed on the Soldak site it still lists separate purchases for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Now that other digital distribution platforms include builds for all three OSs in a purchase it might be time to reconsider that, since it makes buying the game from other services appear preferable.

The actual purchase includes all three but from the website it doesn't seem that way initially.

Shadow
10-14-2015, 11:07 PM
The actual purchase includes all three but from the website it doesn't seem that way initially.

Yeah, you get access to all 3 no matter which one you buy. We just do it this way so we can get some kind of idea of how many people are on which platforms.

Vifarc
01-04-2016, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure, what's this "Early Access" (the exact same name as Steam')?
Is it the usual sold beta Steam games, or Steam is not necessary to play the beta? Is Soldak still indy or is compelled to use Steam to make his games?
This should be told here: http://www.soldak.com/Company/Buy-Games/Buying-FAQ.html

Shadow
01-04-2016, 02:04 PM
I'm not sure, what's this "Early Access" (the exact same name as Steam')?
Is it the usual sold beta Steam games, or Steam is not necessary to play the beta? Is Soldak still indy or is compelled to use Steam to make his games?
This should be told here: http://www.soldak.com/Company/Buy-Games/Buying-FAQ.html

We are doing our normal pre-order and get instant access to the beta program. The only difference this time around is that we are also in Steam's Early Access program.

You can buy the game directly from us or on Steam. If you buy from us, you do not need Steam in any way. We are still as indie as we always were.