PDA

View Full Version : The Feedback Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Castruccio
10-13-2015, 06:20 PM
I thought it would be good to start a centralized place for feedback. I'll kick things off with a few things I noticed in 30 minutes of play. There will be MUCH more to come, but here's the initial stuff:

1. There is no option in the key binding screen to reassign the default hotkey (S) for the skills screen. I like to put my skills on ASDF instead of 1234, so it would be helpful to have the option to reassign the skills hotkey to another key.

2. In most ARPG's, the "stay still" key defaults to shift. In this one it defaults to control. It might be helpful to change the default to shift (which is what it is in Diablo and Torchlight).

3. The Hunting Party Timer/Diplomacy Icons are in an odd place. Would it be possible to move these to the right edge of the screen beneath the minimap?

4. What do the priorities for quests mean? I.E., A quest will have P1, P2, P3, etc next to it. This wasn't in Din's or Depths, and there is no help text describing what the priorities actually rank.

5. I notice my PC (Core I7 2600 3.4GhZ, Geforce GTX 560ti) getting very hot while playing the game. Much hotter than with Din's, Depths, or Drox. The fans spin up on full in Zombasite. I'm not sure if it's due to an unlimited framerate problem (there is no framerate counter in the options menu) or some other problem. But it seems like the fans should not be spinning up so high.

Castruccio
10-13-2015, 07:06 PM
Here's a fairly critical bug:

Anytime you attempt to switch or replace a skill on the skill bar when the game is paused, you can make the switch successfully. However, when you unpause the game, the skills revert back to their previous order. This means you can't reorder or replace your skills. This happens to me after having rebound the skill keys (I'm not sure if it happens when they are on default).

Also, it is impossible to delete skills using the DEL key if the game is not paused. If you delete them when the game is paused, they reappear once you unpause.

Castruccio
10-13-2015, 07:36 PM
When I am being alerted that I am a carrier of parasites a green border flashes around the screen. This is fine for the alert, but right now the border of the screen flashes green CONSTANTLY. This is very irritating and headache inducing over time. I suggest making the flashing border go away after the first few seconds, but leaving the icon under my health bar that tells me "Zombie Carrier of Parasites Stage 1" etc.

Castruccio
10-13-2015, 09:05 PM
Ok I think the overheating problem is definitely a frame rate thing. When I turn on the 15 and 30 frame caps (using the power modes in the options menu), my pc seems to cool down. When I turn on "no power" settings the framerate is uncapped and the pc starts to heat up. Would it be possible to have an option for a 60 and 120 FPS cap so that the fans don't rev up so loudly? I assume I must be pushing a huge frame rate with no cap.

Crisses
10-13-2015, 11:08 PM
Mac: Command key freezes the character in place and then you basically can't do much of anything.

"bag vendor" with potions, not bags?

The mouseover inventory info is OK but when your NPC's screen is in front, it would be nice if it was THEIR equipped items that pop up, and it would be better if the pop-ups disappear when you pick items up to place them.

When I am in a town, and I go into a hut I can't see anything. Shouldn't the roof be translucent so I can see inside the building?

Similar to Drox, I'd love a * next to quests for the area I'm currently in.

Fun weirdness: I was out & about with 2 people in my party. I sent 2 guys from my town out to hunt. The 2 people in my party died horrible painful deaths. I went and found the 2 hunters. I was able to get 1 hunter to join my party but not the other -- although he did follow along and stay pretty close to us most of the time, but he couldn't follow us through gates. he did follow us to other areas. Eventually I lost him somewhere and he zombied and died.

Gotta say, not doing very well! lol

Zengrath
10-13-2015, 11:21 PM
I've played about 2 hours so far, only bug i've noticed so far is that when i was being raided by a faction with 1 guy left, they had a faction portal in corner of my grid on my side of the border/wall, the raider spawned on other-side of wall in next grid over but close to the portal which was on my side. even though i was being raided he just stood there against the wall, i couldn't attack him threw the wall as well, i ended up going into the next zone over and navigated my way to him and killed him which ended the raid and that faction. So there may be some bugs with how raiders spawn causing them to spawn on wrong side of the borders.

norari1977
10-13-2015, 11:28 PM
the screen turned to be black when the character is walking in some area. sometimes it is whole screen but most of time it is shown black square on middle of screen ( about 50-60% of whole screen). it seems to happen when i moves to some place such as under the trees or the area surrounded by building. i still need to investigate about those though. i didn't have any problem like that in the dungeon. graphic card driver are up to date (GTX750Ti)

※ after i disabled Bloom option on graphic setting, the black screen problem are solved.

Kruztee
10-14-2015, 12:45 AM
the screen turned to be black when the character is walking in some area. sometimes it is whole screen but most of time it is shown black square on middle of screen ( about 50-60% of whole screen). it seems to happen when i moves to some place such as under the trees or the area surrounded by building. i still need to investigate about those though. i didn't have any problem like that in the dungeon. graphic card driver are up to date (GTX750Ti)

※ after i disabled Bloom option on graphic setting, the black screen problem are solved.

This happened to me as well (GTX 660 Ti)

Tyakraman
10-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Although I list quite a few negative things here, I still very much enjoy the game (even in it's beta state), so don't get me the wrong ways...

Here are the bugs I encountered so far:

- that black screen-flickering too (with a AMD Radeon R9 290)

- a cape-vendor with an empty inventory/shop (he was already gone when I realized I could have sent a savegame)

- an npc party member who wouldn't stop screaming for help, even though there were no enemies nearby

Not really bugs, but maybe some suggestions:

- turn down the sound effects of the background fighting on startup in the main menu down a lot! It almost kills me everytime I start the game and like two dozen creatures scream at once

- I've only seen a few worlds, so this might not always be the case, but is it designed on purpose that every region only connects to two other regions? I do like the kind of progression-y feel you get by that, but it's also quite hard if the first region next to your camp is lvl 1-2 and the next is 8-9 and you die like 20 times before you manage to get to a lower level region behind that hard one.

- I get that this is the zombie apocalypse, so maybe it's on purpose that there aren't that many vendors (I'm kinda spoiled by Din's maybe), but last time, I reached lvl 6 before I could afford to buy my first skill due to a lack of money and not being able to sell anything.

- I also get, that the your-camp-is-under-attack-sound should grab your attention, but I think it's a little bit too annoying. Maybe just reduce it to some alarm-bell-ringing without the screaming?

- I usually increase the value of "r_viewFarDist" in the user.cfg to 1200, to be able to zoom out a bit further. I did this in all the previous games too. Maybe this time you could increase the maximum zoom level in the options? (this is not related to the black-screen bug I mentioned above)

Anyway,

keep up the good work!

Zengrath
10-14-2015, 09:53 AM
What are the mechanics for causing party members to flee? Everytime i've taken party members with me in dungeons they fight for a few minutes then suddenly flee every time i engage any enemy after that point, i end up just sending them back to camp as they then seem useless. I'm playing by myself most of time due to this letting my clan stay at home. i'm still only on my first game and few hours in, maybe this gets explained later or they get better or maybe there is a game mechanic i'm missing that would explain this and allow me to fix it?

Crisses
10-14-2015, 10:02 AM
What are the mechanics for causing party members to flee? Everytime i've taken party members with me in dungeons they fight for a few minutes then suddenly flee every time i engage any enemy after that point, i end up just sending them back to camp as they then seem useless. I'm playing by myself most of time due to this letting my clan stay at home. i'm still only on my first game and few hours in, maybe this gets explained later or they get better or maybe there is a game mechanic i'm missing that would explain this and allow me to fix it?

It would be SO HELPFUL if the sounds your members made while fleeing weren't the same sounds that people you need to rescue make. I can't tell you how many times I thought there was another person around and it turned out to be my own party members with a Fear effect. Ugh.

Shadow
10-14-2015, 10:20 AM
Ok I think the overheating problem is definitely a frame rate thing.

You could turn on monitor sync or change the maxFps user var directly (console or cfg file).

Shadow
10-14-2015, 10:24 AM
What are the mechanics for causing party members to flee?

They lose morale from damage (especially damage from no enemy like a trap) and from fears (will show up in personality traits.

Tyakraman
10-14-2015, 10:48 AM
I think they contibuously loose morale when outside the camp. and once the morale drops below a specific point, they are too afraid to fight anything.

I'm not sure if killing stuff or other things can improve morale while in the field.

Zengrath
10-14-2015, 11:49 AM
How does arch-nemesis locating work. For example i paid silver (almost all i had lol) to search for it, it said it updated my map but i see nothing on my map that i can tell represents where it may be. I also see a map icon on the quest screen that says "goes to general quest location on map" but that doesn't do anything when i click it as well. What am i supposed to see on the map after clicking search? i may just be blind.

Shadow
10-14-2015, 12:33 PM
How does arch-nemesis locating work. For example i paid silver (almost all i had lol) to search for it, it said it updated my map but i see nothing on my map that i can tell represents where it may be. I also see a map icon on the quest screen that says "goes to general quest location on map" but that doesn't do anything when i click it as well. What am i supposed to see on the map after clicking search? i may just be blind.

For the most part it works like other quests, but your Arch-Nemesis might not be found in the current area. I should probably make it not let you search if it is not in the area.

Tuidjy
10-14-2015, 01:05 PM
I must be missing something. My skill progression is constantly limited by lack of cash. I never spend on anything but skills, I take every other clan's last copper, but I never had nearly enough from levels 2 to 7.

Is there a store that buys and sells stuff? It would not make much sense, but no more than having to pay money for skill upgrades. Whom I am paying? Why? Why am I not paying them in food, who cares about gold?

Zengrath
10-14-2015, 01:16 PM
Some reason during a raid my party members kept attacking enemy healthstone, seems like no point to this since once their healthstone is 0hp nothing happens yet they keep attacking it. I thought i'd end up having to reset raid or go solo killing the rest of enemy but luring enemy towards the healthstone seemed to make my allies change targets. Might be not working as intended?

Zengrath
10-14-2015, 01:18 PM
I must be missing something. My skill progression is constantly limited by lack of cash. I never spend on anything but skills, I take every other clan's last copper, but I never had nearly enough from levels 2 to 7.

Is there a store that buys and sells stuff? It would not make much sense, but no more than having to pay money for skill upgrades. Whom I am paying? Why? Why am I not paying them in food, who cares about gold?

I've found about 2 merchants during my first game, after those were gone for whatever reason i started trying to get money from other clans by selling stuff to them. But hours later no other merchants ever showed up and clans were out of money. i have been able to afford my skills so far (i'm level 10). but there does seem to be a lack of merchants this early in the game.

Zengrath
10-14-2015, 01:22 PM
For the most part it works like other quests, but your Arch-Nemesis might not be found in the current area. I should probably make it not let you search if it is not in the area.

So do i wonder from area to area until i get some kind of update on the quest, then do a search or fully explore that area? or do i search each area (paying money) until i happen upon the right area and my map updates (seems would be expensive). or do i just wander exploring each area thoroughly until i happen upon him? Trying to understand the mechanics. I've not won my map, but i still like to figure this part out before moving to the next. also there is one dungeon i haven't fully explored yet.

Zengrath
10-14-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm not having any luck with party members at all. i don't know if it's an early game balance issue or i'm doing something wrong but having 2 party members and trying to equip them best i can (which isn't well this early in game) they seem to flee so quickly, even when i've only explored like 5-10% of area they already start fleeing, usually they still have 90%+ health so i don't know why their moral is dropping so quickly and i been avoiding traps as much as possible. I try really hard to get to next warpgate somewhere in that area but twice now I've had not only both my party members fleeing throughout most of area but twice now i've had my party members also go insane. I'm guessing more you use them/take damage/low moral their insanity goes up, before i can even clear one level of a dungeon or one area and get to a gate to go back to down and switch out party members to let old ones take a break they go insane and i lose them.

I suppose i could just send them back to down like i was doing before but it seems odd that they start having moral issues so early in an area/dungeon level and i have to send them back to town so early, this leads to me clearing out most levels/areas almost entirely by myself because they are so unreliable.

Anyway this is just my first hand experience with party members, i could be doing something wrong, this problem may not be a big deal later in game, i really don't know, but first 5 hours of gameplay and during my first "game" party members have been almost completely useless to me.

ScrObot
10-14-2015, 02:47 PM
So do i wonder from area to area until i get some kind of update on the quest, then do a search or fully explore that area? or do i search each area (paying money) until i happen upon the right area and my map updates (seems would be expensive). or do i just wander exploring each area thoroughly until i happen upon him?

This is really up to you. You can take a look at your clan's available quests to decide what you want to do, and head to those areas. Or you can instead take a bunch of quests all in one known area and try to complete them all. You can also take and solve quests from other clans in the Relations screen, same as your own. Or, you can aim towards one of the specific win types directly and work towards those goals with less regard to specific quests.

The game will definitely make some quests and events more important than others -- for example, a boss monster may keep sending attacks to your town. These will continue until you defeat the boss monster, so that becomes a priority so you're not constantly making your way back to town to protect it.

Personally, in the beginning of a world, I try to explore the areas near my town and bang out as many quests in those areas as I can.

caldazar
10-14-2015, 03:00 PM
So far the only issue I've really come across is that I find myself having to refer to the automap in order to see where I can and cannot walk -- the ground/area is almost too cluttered to see clearly what is impassable. Is there a setting I can toggle to reduce that?

Shadow
10-14-2015, 03:14 PM
So do i wonder from area to area until i get some kind of update on the quest, then do a search or fully explore that area?

What I meant is that your Arch-Nemesis is special. You might not be able to get to them at all until you win/lose the current area and move on to the next. In the quest if it doesn't mention the name of the level he is in, then you won't be able to get to him yet.

I'm not having any luck with party members at all.

I don't think it is you. There morale stuff needs tweaked.

Is there a setting I can toggle to reduce that?

There is a Detail Model slider in the advanced graphics menu that might help.

ScrObot
10-14-2015, 03:16 PM
So far the only issue I've really come across is that I find myself having to refer to the automap in order to see where I can and cannot walk -- the ground/area is almost too cluttered to see clearly what is impassable. Is there a setting I can toggle to reduce that?

I'm okay with the amount of "normal" obstacles within areas, but defining the impassable edges of areas a little better would be very useful. Some of the area barriers, such as large stones, look like there's enough space to walk between them. There's a balance between "realistic" and "reads well to the player" that should skew towards "more readable".

HuntingU
10-14-2015, 04:05 PM
So, I've just finished a 5 hour play time test. I've got a few pointers, after 3 hours of playing, i only had 5 silver. its Crazy hard to get money, so no money, no skills, so the basics of me playing where attack, die, run back, and damage the enime some more. but once i did have lesser heal, the game was about 50% less difficult, because i dident need to rely on pots for healing. Getting to a high level (20) was super hard. i have not even won one single game. and i only had 2 skills at rank one. ahah. alliances where good. i like how they work and it helped me a lot when i needed safety, i just ran to my allies bases, but the starting base that is given for the play has no guards, and only 2 followers. this in mind, i added my two followers to my party, and went out. after only 30 mins of running around, they went insane. but they had plenty of happyness so im not sure how that works. and in addition, they run in fear so often. about 70% of the time i'm in combat they run away.where as faction based guards or hunting parties never run way in fear. so over all i think it could use a little balanceing for the starting sronghold and allies run in fear too much. as well as quests giving just a bit more cash, no one wants to play for 5 hours with only lesser heal rank 1 and percice strike lol. i'll make another post after your next patch :3 looking good so far, its almost ready! its just a little SUPER UNFORGIVING AND YOU LOOSE 90% of the time ahah.

DeathKnight1728
10-14-2015, 05:28 PM
Food Sense on other stats is just listed as food sense 2 times over. This might be good to list a bit more seeing as new players will want to know what their chance is of sensing food.

Also I have a question for shadow, is there a chance that you get a really good npc that joins party that you can save them in a way so that they don't have permadeath. Maybe make it like diablo 2 so that the really kickass bodyguard can be resurrected or something. Otherwise it makes little sense to keep getting new hirelings if you are going to lose them anway.

You could make a steep cost to resurrect so that you don't lose the work/effort of boosting them up with equipment or stats.

Shadow
10-14-2015, 05:50 PM
Also I have a question for shadow, is there a chance that you get a really good npc that joins party that you can save them in a way so that they don't have permadeath.

I'll think about it, but that kind of goes against a lot of other elements.

ERYFKRAD
10-14-2015, 06:32 PM
I've been playing this for about a few hours now, and the game crashed when I went to kill a clan member who had been infected. The game crashed precisely as I struck the killing blow, and on reloading I had to go kill her all over again, though I managed to kill the NPC without further issue.

The other question I have is- will there be, or is there an option to disable player infection? Merely a matter of preference as it seems a bit of busywork to manage the player's infection by chugging potions all the while.

Otherwise the game is enjoyable, and looks a lot better, especially in the outside areas.

Hobo elf
10-14-2015, 06:44 PM

I wish to know the asnwer to these questions as well. I'm unable to use my skill points because I can't afford it. It's ridiculous that my skills are limited by money and not skill points.

Shadow
10-14-2015, 06:46 PM
I believe the first patch is going to get rid of the money requirement for allocating skill points.

Hobo elf
10-14-2015, 06:49 PM
That would be fantastic. I can't wait!

narnach
10-14-2015, 07:09 PM
I've just played for a few hours. My first impression is that it has the potential to become a worthy new game in the line-up. A lot of Drox Operative's systems, fused with Din's Curse's setting and character mechanics, with Depths of Peril's clan system and a zombie apocalypse thrown in for good measure :-)

That said, it's an early game that has a few issues. Here are the things that stood out the most:

I also get the black flickering windows issues people reported on page 1 (GeForce GTX 980). Bloom was on, so that reinforces what others have said. Thinking back, I don't recall seeing the black windows after about an hour of play, so it might be bound to certain environmental effects that I did not see after that.
Why don't clan members defend the town by themselves, when they are in town? I can take them along in my party, and they fight. But if I go out into the wilds, and I'm 5 minutes' walking away from the nearest teleporter, it's very annoying having to go back to town to defeat a level 0.5 imp-thing while there are 3 combat-ready level 4 NPCs in town. I get that there are guardian statues, but this feels kind of ridiculous.
NPCs sometimes attack the gates of my town! I've seen vendors do it, and one of my combat NPCs did as well. Seems like a bug.
Is there a way to repair the gates to town? It is *very* expensive to keep having to buy new gates every 20 minutes or so, especially when my NPCs wreck my regenerating gate.
Necromancer minions count as party members. That means once you summon 2 skeletons, you can no longer invite any NPC party members to join you. Bug or feature? There is also no way to unsummon skeletons, is there?
During combat it happens quite often that I click on an NPC or minion and end up opening my inventory or the town wall/relic screen. Might want to disable this when there are enemies nearby.
I was able to make some money, but most of the time I have a number of skill points unspent because I can't afford to buy new skills. (Who am I buying the skills from anyway?) Also: there are not a lot of vendors and it's pretty easy to drain their money by selling them the gear you no longer need. If you then spend your money on skills, you empty the economy of money. Monsters usually drop way more loot than money, so you end up with an inventory and bags full of loot, and no vendors able to buy them. The balance feels a bit off here. Maybe have vendors carry more money, or have them regenerate money over time, or increase money drops from enemies.
Skeletons having a chance to roll "green" is nice. Gives you a reason to keep re-summoning minions even when you have reached the maximum number. Especially nice touch to replace the weakest, rather than the oldest minion.
The automatic gear distribution for the clan is a nice idea, but the interface leaves a bit to be desired. There is one slot to throw items in for distribution. The tooltip says you can hit space (the sell button) to add items to it, but that did not seem to work. Manually throwing 10 items in, only to have 1 equip and 9 fall on the floor is also not the best experience. Especially if you have higher level gear than your NPCs can handle, so you have to keep repeating this ritual every time someone levels up. Maybe have it function like a clan storage, that NPCs can grab items from when they are able? Item changes could trigger on level up and on item inserts into the clan storage.
The diplomacy and questing systems seem very similar to Drox Operative. Works well. Green asterisk marking for in-area quests are useful. Remote handing in of all quests is great as well, considering you are a lot less mobile than in Drox Operative. I've only encountered one other living clan so far, but all they do is try to sell me crappy items. I need my money for skill upgrades and walls, so I don't want to buy their grey items, or their food.
About half of the generated areas were empty towns. Is this meant to set the tone (almost everyone has died), can you do something with it, or is this a bug in the map generator? So far, these areas felt like they made my walk back to town longer, without serving a real purpose.
The areas themselves felt a bit too maze-y. It felt like there was a main path with a few curly branching dead-ends, so lots of walking (slow walking speed) when backtracking or trying to explore the entire map.
The monster spawn rate is pretty aggressive. Sometimes new monsters spawn within 10 seconds of me clearing a section of the map. Is this intentional, or a bug?

jureidinim
10-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Love the game so far - nice mix of DOP/DC (maybe a little Drox too).

My feedback so far:
1. The morale system is cool - I see it mentioned it may be tweaked. I hope those tweaks would include:
a) The rate of morale loss/recovery. Once its in the negatives it takes awhile to recover fully even when I just stop the party in one place and wait. That's not so bad, but maybe there can be ways to speed it up like giving the party member a certain potion or even food (simulate making camp). I don't want an instant recovery but just some ways to increase it's recovery rate a bit.

b) A more visible way to see the morale state of the character. So far I only know you have to initiate a dialog with the character to see the morale level. This is difficult if enemies are around. Maybe another bar on top of the party member health bar to show it?

I do like the system in place and was surprised when one of my party members went insane and turned on us - nice.... Just a few tweaks should make it better

2) I'm not quite following the research messages - or what they mean to me in game terms - about Zombie resistances or understanding -if its random or some event - when zombie parasite materialize in my clan base when i'm there. If i'm just missing something obvious plz point me in the direction to get the info ... but some other kind of indication as to what these mechanics mean or how they are caused in game would help.

3) Is there a way to repair clan doors? Once they are broken I only can replace them by finding them as drop loot from monsters. That seems .. odd.. that a monster is walking around with a whole door.. lol...
Am I missing another way of repairing/upgrading these doors?

4) Money for skills. This has been in every previous game. I believe the money given for quests in this game is lower than previous ones - so it makes levelling up skills increasingly difficult. I see mentioned the money will be removed in a patch - if you want to keep it, maybe just reduce the costs of the skill. I always felt that money was to pay a trainer to teach your character the new skill.

5) Traps and ambushes are late to spawn. You get the message and the audible "click" sound but the actual trap goes off much later - long enough that you can almost move off screen before it triggers.. makes them a bit useless.

6) I liked the secret missions in Drox. I know its late in the game development now, but would it be possible to generate a few "large quests", and maybe have one randomly assigned to each clan as their "secret" quest? If its completed it counts towards victory. Already I see one way to win listed in the game is having a certain amount of food gathered. Maybe others could be added like:
Economic win - amount of gold
Prestige - number of bosses killed
Relic - finds multiple parts of an ancient relic scattered across the maps/dungeons and put it together(maybe spend money to do the crafting of the final relic)
...others...

Great game :-) Looking forward to the updates you have in store for it

Tuidjy
10-14-2015, 09:32 PM
I found the fort of a clan. They had a "Town under siege" quest, which I accepted. The towers shooting fire had labels like "Deadly siege tower" and "Opulent Siege Tower", but as I was destroying them, I was getting a count down about zombie scavengers or something. I do not remember exactly, and it was not in the log, but it wasn't towers, and it didn't make sense.

--------

[Stronghold],[People], and [Items] in the Power comparisons still have tooltips about planets, ships, etc... ;)

--------

Crude light gates and flimsy light gates have the same stats.

Castruccio
10-14-2015, 11:13 PM
I propose a change in the default minimapzoom from 8 to around 16. The reason is that with so much stuff going on, the minimap is much more important than it was in Din's or DoP. You need to be able to see gates, telaporters, allies, etc. on the minimap. It would also be great if the map and minimap could be displayed in a higher and clearer resolution (instead of the pixel-y art they currently have) but I realize this is probably impossible.

I also propose a change in the default r_viewFarDist to somewhere around 840. People have complained about the zoom limits in this thread, and I think a little more zoom out (even 800, or 775) helps.

DeathKnight1728
10-15-2015, 11:27 AM
I believe the first patch is going to get rid of the money requirement for allocating skill points.

One thing I just thought of Shadow, will the crafting that you do for the improvement of armor/weapons ever increase damage or armor class?

I think that if you increase an already maxed out armor or weapon durability 5 times, it would be awesome if the damage or armor class could go up by 1. This would give more reason to improve items past their durability maximum point.

Just an idea.

Shadow
10-15-2015, 11:38 AM
One thing I just thought of Shadow, will the crafting that you do for the improvement of armor/weapons ever increase damage or armor class?

I think that if you increase an already maxed out armor or weapon durability 5 times, it would be awesome if the damage or armor class could go up by 1. This would give more reason to improve items past their durability maximum point.

It actually already works kind of like that. If you try to repair a non-damaged weapon or armor, there is a good chance it will improve the max durability, but there is also a small chance that it will improve the damage, armor, or defense (depending on type of item of course).

DeathKnight1728
10-15-2015, 12:49 PM
Has anyone else noticed that some of the amorphs spawn ridiculously powerful and higher level versions of themselves.

I had fought a lvl7 amorph champion, only to defeat it and from that corpse spawn a lvl 9 amorph. Naturally I died after defeating a few more of those creatures but is that supposed to happen or is it just random?

Tyakraman
10-15-2015, 12:55 PM
I also noticed that sometimes NPCs change their names. They are walking around the map named "Bob", once they are recruited, their name changes to "Joe". This also happens when they go insane/berserk or are revealed to be enemies.

Roswitha
10-15-2015, 01:15 PM
I had trouble with the game being really slow and lagging.
Click. Pause. Run.

I set the frame rate to 30 and picked the fastest graphic setting but it was still slow to respond. I noticed it was worse when it was raining, and when something on the screen was swirling. Part of the problem was that I picked up delirium fever which had bugs (?) swarming around me.

I'm running Windows 7 on an Intel i5 CPU, 2.8 GHz with 12 G RAM.
----------------------
Other comments:

Can you arrange it for screenshots to go to the clipboard, along with being saved in a file?

It might be worth doing a Help Tip for town attacks.

Tuidjy
10-15-2015, 02:04 PM
I just tried using 300 armor scraps on a common helmet. The durability increased considerably, the armor value did not budge.

Whatever the chance of improvement, it is too minor for a player to notice. I would suggest that the chance of increasing the main stat is displayed, so that people know about it, and so that they can decide whether it is worth trying.

Oblivion
10-15-2015, 02:47 PM
Bought the game last night, it's pretty fun. A couple things though that I'd like to mention that made it seem a bit frustrating to play, and some bugs.

1. The morale fleeing, I know this was posted but still bothered me nonetheless. If it does occur, they should at least either flee back to town or the noise frequency should be reduced. It also shouldn't make the ping noise to the player causing constant beeping. The fact this happens while they are safe in town is a bit annoying as well.
2. The Zombie Infection, this was said as well, but yeah, it is extremely distracting. Perhaps have the player's HP bar flash green instead?
3. Goblin Fire Throwers. They were a problem in Din and still a too much of a problem here for melee characters. A lot of the animations cause you to be stuck after using abilities so you end up standing in the fire very often, and there is no visible indicator where the fire ends.
4. Adding items to the clan armory. When you add them to the armory and no one can equip them, it drops it to the group. This is particularly bothersome considering you have to close all windows to pick them up again just to salvage them. It would be nice if there was maybe a clan storage that new clan members would take from when they join, and where those items would go. I would also suggest having that clan armory tab open when you go to the crafting station for easy salvaging.
5. The under attack indicators. It goes off way too often and needs a reduce in frequency, or maybe only play it once the initial attacks begin until they end. Having it happen fairly often away from town just to see there is one zombie parasite and none of my clan members defend against it. (see 6)
6. Clan members idle in town. I would like to see them patrol the town and start combat with invaders. It seems odd they sit and do nothing.
7. Gates being the only way back. Being stuck in a deep dungeon and not being able to find a gate (or maybe its blocked) can be a bit frustrating. In Din's Curse we had a stone to use once per town, perhaps we can receive a mechanic to help us in Zombasite?

bugs:

1. Zombie Dark Elf Fighter is not a fighter, it is instead a mage throwing spells at you.
2. On the Rogue I am able to use Deadly Strike and Gouge back and forth to achieve insane attack speeds.
3. (Unsure if bug or feature?) Seemingly unable to stop a clan member from killing another if they want to. This also happens on hunts.

Roswitha
10-15-2015, 04:12 PM
I finally got the game to run a little better by closing all other apps. Even then, it was running around 90% CPU. The mouse still lagged, though.

I had an Assassin Bulletin Board attack the town and start sending out curses. When I finally tracked it down, I couldn't kill it, only talk to it. Since it's a Bulletin Board, maybe it can have a quest on how to get rid of it?

I was fighting a giant boss monster and a giant avatar suddenly spawned next to me and started fighting the boss. I was killed, but the avatar kept fighting and eventually finished off the boss.

The ominous chord is appropriate when two clans start fighting. You might pick a different one for when they stop.

I'm not sure what the Zombie knowledge screen accomplishes. It tracks achievements, but it doesn't really help in terms of knowing how to get rid of zombies or cure the parasite.

Tuidjy
10-15-2015, 06:22 PM
I was fighting a giant boss monster and a giant avatar suddenly spawned next to me and started fighting the boss. I was killed, but the avatar kept fighting and eventually finished off the boss.

This is a positive effect from one of your armor pieces - when you get hit, there is a chance an avatar shows up to help you. It is super powerful, maybe too powerful.

Roswitha
10-15-2015, 06:42 PM
That went quick.

My last game ended in flames, so I started a new game.

I was out of potions, so I tried to send a group out to forage; unfortunately, I had sent them out to forage in the last game and the timer hadn't counted down yet. It might be worth resetting the hunt/forage timer when a new game is started.

Shortly into the game, I caught the zombie parasite. Then zombies attacked the town. I couldn't attack them back. They killed my followers (who turned into zombies) and then attacked the healthstone. With nothing better to do, I went out into the countryside to find something to fight. I found something that killed me.

I respawned by my healthstone. I was no longer zombified, but everything else in town was, and they were all surrounding the healthstone. Die. Respawn by healthstone. Repeat.

The lose timer eventually counted down and ended the game.

It would help if there were more specific instructions of what to do if you catch the zombasite. It would also help if "professional courtesy to zombies" did not apply in town.

Castruccio
10-15-2015, 07:06 PM
That went quick.

It would help if there were more specific instructions of what to do if you catch the zombasite. It would also help if "professional courtesy to zombies" did not apply in town.

I still have no idea what to do if you contract the zombie parasite.

ScrObot
10-15-2015, 08:19 PM
I like that the game doesn't tell you what to do when infected. It vaguely references that there are "many ways" to cure it, and it encourages experimentation. :)

Zengrath
10-15-2015, 08:39 PM
I like that the game doesn't tell you what to do when infected. It vaguely references that there are "many ways" to cure it, and it encourages experimentation. :)

I've only found one way so far.... i wonder what others are, maybe not say here to avoid spoilers though.. ii dunno

jureidinim
10-15-2015, 08:56 PM
No with no money for skills - first game started to build up a lot of cash and nothing really to spend on.

Do you pay for crafting/improving/repairing stuff? It doesn't seems so.

I'll keep playing to see if there is any real need for this amount of gold.

Also noticed that fire siege towers were called Shamans :)

ScrObot
10-15-2015, 09:12 PM
I think money will be more important in clan negotiations/subterfuge, much like it was in Drox Operative.

Without money being used on skills, and merchants being so sparse at the moment, you're pretty limited in what you can spend money on. However, I think that also fits in with the "zombie apocalypse" scenario (which, TBH, doesn't really come across that well, but I'm also a DoP/DC veteran).

DeathKnight1728
10-15-2015, 10:38 PM
I just noticed a few things-

1-It took 20 minutes of the enemies wailing on my lifestone before I lost. A little too long as it was at 1% health for that long.

2-The currency still charges you when you want to get rid of or respend your skill points. Dont know shadow if you want to keep that.

3-For some reason enemy seems to have very good chance of hitting my char which is a thief hybrid majoring in evasion. For quite a few points into evasion and dex, the chance to hit my char is still 57%. Maybe i am doing something wrong but in dins curse and depths of peril I remember the evasion and to hit chances werent too bad.

Zengrath
10-16-2015, 12:48 AM
I just noticed a few things-
2-The currency still charges you when you want to get rid of or respend your skill points. Dont know shadow if you want to keep that.

I like it this way, it's way most games are now, old ways of never being able to revert your skills is harsh and usually lends game catering to only hardcore players, but allowing you to get back skill points at no charge then ruins reply-ability and gives no incentive for planning and strategy. But spending some hard earned cash to fix a few mistakes you might make seems to be the best balance for me. But that's just my opinion.

Professor Paul1290
10-16-2015, 03:39 AM
Is there a reason why the "see through roofs" from Din's Curse aren't present here?

Going through houses is a little annoying given the view obstruction.

Wolvie
10-16-2015, 05:15 AM
Is there a reason why the "see through roofs" from Din's Curse aren't present here?

Going through houses is a little annoying given the view obstruction.

Agreed, it's sometimes hard to tell where the doors are and where any mobs or npc's are.

Also I tried to recruit an npc who had a raised skeleton nearby and she wouldn't join because there were enemies nearby, the only enemy I could see was the raised skeleton.

jureidinim
10-16-2015, 09:45 AM
Sent an NPC party out to hunt. they finished and the timer started counting down to when i can send them out again. At about 10:00 to go, i finished the map (alliance victory).
When i moved on to start a new game/map, the timer carried over to the new game. Shouldn't that have reset as its a new game/area generated?

caldazar
10-16-2015, 10:20 AM
There is a Detail Model slider in the advanced graphics menu that might help.

Thanks, this seems to have helped!

Roswitha
10-16-2015, 11:52 AM
I think an hour is too long for the forage/hunting. 20 minutes is probably sufficient, given that you then have to wait another 10 for the actual foraging.

In Dins, the skills on the number had a timer until they could be reused. This one doesn't. It makes me wonder if the skill has been triggered.

The Haunted area needs a better explanation than '"It's haunted". Maybe "There are more ghosts and undead in this area."

Raserei
10-16-2015, 12:06 PM
I just tried using 300 armor scraps on a common helmet. The durability increased considerably, the armor value did not budge.

Whatever the chance of improvement, it is too minor for a player to notice. I would suggest that the chance of increasing the main stat is displayed, so that people know about it, and so that they can decide whether it is worth trying.

If I were to guess, it is a hidden % increase and if you look at your skills, you will see the %'s also don't make sense.

What is 4% of 3?

What is 6% of 7?

These are the questions I wish the developers knew the answer too.

Zengrath
10-16-2015, 01:50 PM
I just wanted to post about a possible bug i remembered encountering and not sure it's been mentioned.

i was out with 2 clan mates exploring a zone, and in another zone over i also had 5 clan guys doing a hunting party for food. After the hunting party timer expired the two clan guys in my party (not in the hunting party) also returned to town. Not a big deal but i'm assuming that is not intended to work that way.

Zengrath
10-16-2015, 01:52 PM
If I were to guess, it is a hidden % increase and if you look at your skills, you will see the %'s also don't make sense.

What is 4% of 3?

What is 6% of 7?

These are the questions I wish the developers knew the answer too.

I've also have noticed so far in my games improving armor seems to have no effect other then increasing durability numbers. I've tried multiple times and each time my armor values go up 0. I've assumed it's because i'm low level still and trying to improve poor quality armor and % increase isn't high enough to have any effect.

ScrObot
10-16-2015, 02:40 PM
i was out with 2 clan mates exploring a zone, and in another zone over i also had 5 clan guys doing a hunting party for food. After the hunting party timer expired the two clan guys in my party (not in the hunting party) also returned to town. Not a big deal but i'm assuming that is not intended to work that way.

I'll have to test, but I seem to remember that when selecting the hunting party members, my party members were pre-selected as well, which might be part of the problem.

Zengrath
10-16-2015, 04:50 PM
I'll have to test, but I seem to remember that when selecting the hunting party members, my party members were pre-selected as well, which might be part of the problem.

I did do this once before, had sent out hunting party people who were in my party etc. However last night this time i had made sure that the 5 people i sent out on a hunting party did not contain 2 people i had in my party. When selecting the hunting party it even said (in party) next to my party mates. So it seems game sends back everyone in the hunting expedition and also the people in your party back to down after the timer expires, this was in 9.01. I'll try it again later tonight, not sure if it happens every-time, only tried once so far.

Nesmo
10-16-2015, 05:20 PM
Multiplicative Lag bug: If you cast the wizard's ice storm spell, it leaves blue things on the ground. Additional castings stack more of them on the ground. Casting Ice Storm or other area of effect damage spells then causes damage to each one. I've been able to bring my game down to a virtual standstill, but the game engine never gave up :)

Suggestion: The most annoying thing are demands to return to home base when there is no reliable method of getting there while exploring. This could be alleviated by being able to see an area's unactivated Gate when you are in the area.

alternatively, perhaps utility magic modifiers that fill in map or reveal gates at greater than normal distances. Or a scouting activity for clansmen separate from hunting/foraging parties.

Caal
10-16-2015, 07:53 PM
Enjoying the game so far. As others have said I would like the roofs to be see through.

When I click (accidently or otherwise) on my summoned fury, the inventory and town defense screens pop up. Annoying.

I liked the challenge of having to pay for skills. I hope that can be brought back as one of the challenge mode options.

The_Wuggly_Ump
10-16-2015, 08:58 PM
Hi, I'm super nitpicky and love making lists, so even though I love the game so far I have a lot of criticisms:

1. Way too many dead ends and corridors in the above ground areas. Every place feels like a maze, and every obstacle looks like something a reasonable person would just walk or climb over. This may have been fixed up a bit in the last patch? Or my newly generated areas are just a lot better than the previous ones.

2. Pretty much the same graphics, audio, and even skills (though those might be slightly tweaked?) from Din's Curse, which makes things feel like an expansion pack, not a new game. For the price I kinda expected more, at least more new skills.

3. Am I wrong or is there no in-game way to bind attacks and skills to any mouse buttons except right-click? That's terrible, especially when I've got five different potions and who knows how many secondary skills on my hotbar.

4. The dark blue mana bar hovering over my character can be extremely hard to read. A different, lighter color would be much better, and a thicker black outline would help a lot too.

5. A Diablo 2 style enlarged, semi-transparent map would be wonderful; I hate having to rely on either the frustratingly tiny minimap or the full map that pauses the game.

6. Very little variety in active attack skills - almost all of them are single target attacks that behave and play identically, occasionally with some DoT. I'm mostly comparing to Path of Exile though, and that's a very high bar for skill variety. There's especially a dearth of fun early skills - the first few levels you're pretty much limited to either default attack, or a boring single-target replacement for default attack that doesn't actually play any differently. Spells are at least somewhat better, except:

7. The projectiles I've played with so far all move absurdly slowly, which feels very awkward and makes it difficult to kite.

8. Dedicated potion drinking buttons would be really nice, as would auto-pickup for health/mana potions.

9. There's no easy/fast way to equip my party members. Holding CTRL while right-clicking to automatically equip it on them a la Torchlight, for instance. Throwing stuff at the crafting station works, but then I end up with a big messy pile of random gear afterward.

10. Is there really no way to find out my DPS with a particular skill, or am I just missing it? 'Cause I can't math it in my head and I ain't using a calculator.

11. I love the idea of the traits, but if they work how I think they do they really discourage building certain ways - it'd help if it explained if they activate automatically once I hit the stat threshold, or if I have to invest skill points in them to turn on the buffs and debuffs. If it's automatic I think that's a bad decision. Either way it'd be good to have this explained in-game.

12. It seems like I can't hold down my attack button for Fire Strike for some reason, if I'm using it as my main skill I have to click over and over again. Pretty annoying.

13. Items take too long to be "pickupable" after spawning - they spend a second or more flying into the air then falling down before I can grab them. It's kinda frustrating.

14. A feature I love from Path of Exile: if I run out of mana while holding down the mouse button to use an attack, PoE automatically switches to my default attack while I hold the button down, until I have enough mana for it to automatically switch back.

15. I'm constantly accidentally clicking on my party members and triggering their dialog menu. Maybe make it so you have to click on their icons in the UI and can't click on their models?

16. Charged Strike seems massively overpowered in the early game.

17. Party members just stand in traps like they're chilling in a sauna. Only instead of steam, poison gas.

That's all I've got for now. Really digging the game so far, if most of these issues could get fixed/improved I can see myself playing for hundreds of hours.

Etto
10-17-2015, 04:58 AM
Hey there! Loving the game so far, it really scratches that Din's Curse itch with some new twists added in.

During a two person LAN game we had quite a lot of hitching whenever our characters were near each other and moving, or uncovering new map territory. It does not happen on either computer in Single Player and did not happen with Din's Curse multiplayer. I tried to toy with the multiplayer network settings, but it didn't seem to effect it too much.

Both PC's are mid-high range in specifications with one on Windows 7 (x64) and the other on Windows 10 (x64). One utilizes a monitor at 120hz vsync off, while the other is 60hz vsync on. Let me know if I can give any more details to assist. Thanks again for all your hard work!

DanSota
10-17-2015, 07:22 AM
You know what would be great for Zombasite? WASD Movement support. While being able to use a joystick to move is nice, its just not cutting it in my opinion because of how important mouse usage is to the game.

Zengrath
10-17-2015, 10:18 AM
15. I'm constantly accidentally clicking on my party members and triggering their dialog menu. Maybe make it so you have to click on their icons in the UI and can't click on their models?

There is an option in options to turn this one off. i too was annoyed by this. You can still easily access them by other means.

"Disable party member dialog" i believe it was. Under game options.

The_Wuggly_Ump
10-17-2015, 01:33 PM
There is an option in options to turn this one off. i too was annoyed by this. You can still easily access them by other means.

"Disable party member dialog" i believe it was. Under game options.

Oh nice, thanks! I must have missed that option.

Caal
10-17-2015, 02:41 PM
I ran across a conjuror NPC in a dungeon. Before I recruited him to the clan, he summoned a scree. The scree attacked me any my party members, but no one in my party could attack it. As a party member, however, the summoning conjuror works as it's supposed to.

Party members do not use life and healthstones in dungeons. Summoned furies use healthstones but not lifestones.

Uzian
10-17-2015, 05:14 PM
I'll add my experiences:

Difficulty cliff: My first two games had a large gap in monster levels, where area monster levels would go from 3 to 9 or so. It seems to be the map generator - the further away an area is, the harder it is, right? It seems that clan bases also count - in both cases I had to walk through several clan bases to get to the next adventuring area. And it was way too high level. So I can either spend a lot of time killing low-level stuff, or try to kite monsters twice my level.

It might be better to either not count clan bases as an area for the purpose of raising monster levels, or to make sure the player never has to pass through a clan base to advance - they're not very interesting to walk past, and it makes searching for a way into the next area a lot more frustrating.

On the other hand, I was happy to find a dungeon in the woods as well, but in its two levels, it had nothing but level 1 stuff. So maybe area levels don't work quite the way I thought.

In dealing with this difficulty cliff, I ran into a few oddities, some of them may just be because I'm still on "easy":
- When I'm near my base healtstone, I seem pretty much unkillable. I was at 4, being whacked by two or three 6.5s from a raiding clan, and they couldn't beat the healing.
- At 6, I was kiting elites from level 10 to 12 since there were no monsters anywhere near my level. If I just kept running away, most of them could never hit me, even after my stamina was out. They'd catch up, attack, but almost never hit. I should probably have died.

Zengrath
10-17-2015, 06:41 PM
I'm still confused on how the arch-nemesis feature of this game works. i can't find anything in manual about it or searching online. i'm on my 3rd game/town and i simply have not gotten any hints on how to track him down. I'm playing one world which i think i fully explored all zones but yet no matter which zone i'm in and i look at the quest it says "is not in this area of the world".

EDIT: shortly after i posted this i got a message about a rumored location for him which apparently is on my map. but i don't see anything on my map to indicate where this rumored location is? what am i looking for?

DanSota
10-17-2015, 07:15 PM
I'm still confused on how the arch-nemesis feature of this game works. i can't find anything in manual about it or searching online. i'm on my 3rd game/town and i simply have not gotten any hints on how to track him down. I'm playing one world which i think i fully explored all zones but yet no matter which zone i'm in and i look at the quest it says "is not in this area of the world".

EDIT: shortly after i posted this i got a message about a rumored location for him which apparently is on my map. but i don't see anything on my map to indicate where this rumored location is? what am i looking for?

Basically, your arch-nemesis is special to the region you created when making your area. You have your area and then your region. As you play through area to area, you most likely will be staying in the same region each time. Eventually you'll get to an area where your arch-nemesis is and you'll be able to search them. I found him in my second area.

Zengrath
10-17-2015, 07:22 PM
Basically, your arch-nemesis is special to the region you created when making your area. You have your area and then your region. As you play through area to area, you most likely will be staying in the same region each time. Eventually you'll get to an area where your arch-nemesis is and you'll be able to search them. I found him in my second area.

Ok so this one game i won. i should just start a new area/town/game and play next and eventually one will have him? ok i was thinking you had one for each game or something.

DanSota
10-17-2015, 07:29 PM
Ok so this one game i won. i should just start a new area/town/game and play next and eventually one will have him? ok i was thinking you had one for each game or something.

I originally thought that too. Even the relics you set up on your town carry over from area to area. When you create a new area, you have options on the right hand side, like Pacing, Area Size, Number of Clans, and Region. So long as you leave the Region setting alone, the arch-nemesis and such will carry over. I'm unsure of what happens when you create a new region.

Caal
10-17-2015, 07:31 PM
Sometimes after I save, I have a different party when I restart.

How long is it supposed to take to kill another clan's healthstone? I had my party, two furies, and two guys from another clan wailing on one for over 10 mins. The life bar was empty, but damage numbers kept coming.

While it doesn't cost money to improve a skill, you still have to pay to decrease a skill.

Respawn rates seem to be really fast.

Shadow
10-17-2015, 07:33 PM
Your Nemesis is always in your current area/game somewhere.

Your Arch-Nemesis is somewhere in the region, but not necessarily in current area/game. It might take multiple games to find your Arch-Nemesis. It will tell you the name of the level he is in if he is in your current area/game.

I really probably need a better name for area/game.

ScrObot
10-17-2015, 07:36 PM
How long is it supposed to take to kill another clan's healthstone? I had my party, two furies, and two guys from another clan wailing on one for over 10 mins. The life bar was empty, but damage numbers kept coming.

The healthstone will stay at 1 health if there are still clan members alive. What often happens is a clan member will be chilling in the outskirts of the town; find and kill him, then the healthstone can be destroyed.

ScrObot
10-17-2015, 07:38 PM
I really probably need a better name for area/game.

"World" is probably good for the overarching, well, world. An individual game could take place in a "Region" of that world or something like that.

Zengrath
10-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Have you guys noticed occasionally coming across a green cloud, not sure if its' an enemy attack or a trap but it instantly kills your party members on full health? it's happened to me on 3 separate occasions. mostly in dungeons i believe. Most area effect spells/traps do damage to everyone but usually only enough to have plenty of time to run out of it or survive but take a decent amount of damage. But that one green cloudburst instantly kills everyone which seems unfair. Maybe its something i'm not seeing and is avoidable, i just don't know what it is, usually by time i notice the cloud it's already too late, everyone is dead.

EDIT: And again... this time i was in a dungeon go to open a door and boom a trap green gas and monsters, not only do i die within 2 seconds flat including my 2 party memberse but way monsters spawned i couldn't run out of cloud even if i tried. not sure if this partticular spell is working as intended or now, odd i have no problem going through whole dungeon's mobs and other traps but this random green gass wipes out two parties now.

DanSota
10-17-2015, 07:39 PM
Sometimes after I save, I have a different party when I restart.

I haven't seen that one yet, Shadow would have to answer that one.

I don't think you can ever destroy them, because in the Objects code they have this line

CantBeFullyKilled 1

While it doesn't cost money to improve a skill, you still have to pay to decrease a skill.

I suspect that was intentional so that people couldn't just quickly and easily change their entire build with no cost or barriers.

Respawn rates seem to be really fast.

Definitely, but I enjoy that actually. It makes hunting specific monsters for quests easier. Bosses seem to be common occurrences too.

Schappelijk
10-18-2015, 05:17 AM
I am really enjoying the game. Here is some feedback, based on my first hours of playing.

- Giving items to your clan members and salvaging the rest feels cumbersome. It would be nice to have an option on the crafting station that does 'Donate or Salvage'. When using this, the item will be given to a member of you clan and the item will be salvaged when nobody wants it.
- I would be nice if we could name our Clan members once they have joined. I just love naming things.
- Sometimes I'm getting solved quests for invades on other clans, while i did not help at all.
- I'm experiencing slowdowns/fps drop in dungeons and in multiplayer.
- Giving potions to party members is quite a slow process, which costs tons of DPS.

Zengrath
10-18-2015, 10:40 AM
- Giving potions to party members is quite a slow process, which costs tons of DPS.

What would be cool if is you could equip party members with some potions and designate when they should use them, for example if i set npc's in options to use potions at 40% health. other games in past like this has done this to eliminate issue of playres having to stop in middle of combat to drag potions over to npc's. If this can't be done, another option may work is using hotkeys, like hitting f5 uses health potion on first party member, f6 uses health potion on 2nd party member, etc.

jureidinim
10-18-2015, 10:57 AM
What would be cool if is you could equip party members with some potions and designate when they should use them, for example if i set npc's in options to use potions at 40% health. other games in past like this has done this to eliminate issue of playres having to stop in middle of combat to drag potions over to npc's. If this can't be done, another option may work is using hotkeys, like hitting f5 uses health potion on first party member, f6 uses health potion on 2nd party member, etc.

That is sort of in game already. Right now you can put the cursor on the NPC health bar (left side of screen) and hit F1 to give them a potion.

Shadow
10-18-2015, 01:34 PM
F1 gives a health potion to you first party member, F2 goes to the second, and so on up to F5.

ERYFKRAD
10-18-2015, 04:39 PM
So I ran into a Huge zombie bark scorpion of bulk, and it really really brought the frames down to a crawl, and framerates went back to normal after I killed it.

Also, if the player does get infected, if player death supposed to cure it?

Caal
10-18-2015, 06:53 PM
I was wondering if there were other ways to get guards for your fort other than finding them in the field.

When a green plus sign appears in the trade/negotiate screen, the tool tip says your potential trading partner wants something. Pressing the "Anything you would like" button either does not yield a request, or does not resolve the plus sign. Is there a way to resolve this that I'm missing?

In the Achievements screen, the Hero, Guardian, and Savior achievements have "saved" spelled incorrectly.

DeathKnight1728
10-18-2015, 07:22 PM
Has anyone managed to get past 1 world only to get to every new world with infection. I left 2 worlds and still my character is infected even when he wasn't prior to before. Maybe just a bug but still a pain.

I will also say that the amorphs are lethal in some areas. If anyone finds one that is lvl 7, it is likely that some of the babies they hatch might be lvl 10 or 11!

:(

Shadow
10-18-2015, 07:40 PM
Also, if the player does get infected, if player death supposed to cure it?

Death will cure it, but I wouldn't recommend that as a tactic.

I was wondering if there were other ways to get guards for your fort other than finding them in the field.

You can buy them from beastmaster vendors also, but that is fairly rare.

I will also say that the amorphs are lethal in some areas. If anyone finds one that is lvl 7, it is likely that some of the babies they hatch might be lvl 10 or 11! :(

That's because the UI doesn't show their exact level like previous games. It shows a relative level that takes into account levels, rank, and other things. So a smaller amorph is probably the same level as the parent but has a higher rank.

Fairgamer
10-18-2015, 08:09 PM
- A bug occurs where an npc says something along the lines of "I'm afraid of s" Which I suppose is meant to be a very powerful enemy in the world, but cannot be called into this dialogue for some reason.
- I'll second or third the fact of humanoid enemies being insanely tough and seeming to do more damage than the player. Sometimes with a character I'll get lucky and find a good drop to do or mitigate damage with, but otherwise I'll feel like we're hitting the enemies with a nerf bat.

Caal
10-19-2015, 09:06 AM
If you use the F keys to give a health potion to a party member, the game will try to give him the highest level potion you have in inventory. If that potion is at a higher level than the party member, you get a "Doesn't meet requirements" message, even if there are other lower level potions in your inventory that the party member could use.

The_Wuggly_Ump
10-19-2015, 12:17 PM
Okay, new thing that's driving me crazy: I started an Earthquake build, and the sound effect for that skill is SO ANNOYING. It's way too loud, it goes on for like five times longer than it should, it's just awful. I hope this gets fixed, but in the meantime I might just edit the sound effect myself, it's just that bad.

Also, it seems like there's no way to see my actual stats (DPS, mana cost, etc) for the skill I'm using after buffs like Earth Mastery are taken into account, which is kinda frustrating.

corfe83
10-19-2015, 02:11 PM
A few issues I saw while playing:

1) During raids, all NPCs pointlessly hack away at their lifestone, even when its health is already zero. They should finish off the actual enemy NPCs so the clan actually dies. I suspect this is why a certain clan isn't dieing in my current game (only one NPC has been alive for several minutes, and two much stronger clans are currently raiding it).

2) I raided an enemy clan and killed them off, after which I warped back to my town. I still had a "raid" icon in the corner of my screen which I hadn't clicked yet. A long time later when I was exploring some other dungeon, I clicked the "raid" icon to "finish" the raid, which warped me back to town. Feels like letting a raid linger like this can be used as a "free teleport back to town during invasion". Sort of a minor exploit.

3) I love hitting space bar in the crafting station to pass to clan members, but in cases where the item is not needed by an NPC, I wish it was salvaged instead of dropped on the floor. Or at least I wish there was an easy way to say "give or salvage".

4) Rumors seem extremely expensive (40 silver for a well-planned rumor? I'm level 12 and not made of money!) I wish there was some other way to influence relations between other clans for a diplomatic victory.. is there?

Tuidjy
10-19-2015, 02:26 PM
I have not been able to find any way to improve the relations between clans, except for stopping wars between them, which keeps them at around 50. Rumor costs exceed all the money my character has ever made (I do not spend any)

I always get adventuring victories.

--------------

I came across an annoying bug. One of the potential recruits had a "raised skeleton bowman" who was registering as hostile for the purposes of recruiting/rescuing/etc... his master. I could not attack it or kill it, and so I could not interact with its master.

Caal
10-19-2015, 03:14 PM
I always get adventuring victories.

I got a logistics win once. I had a large clan that had a modest amount of food, but then I got raided and lost a few folks. After that, food was near the victory point. Then I booted a really unhappy guy from the clan, and voila - logistics win.

I also got an easy diplomatic win, when monsters wiped out all of the other clans except one. That one was weaker than me, and they were happy to give me an alliance.

I also have an adventuring win, but that was extraordinarily time consuming. It needed nearly 200 quests to finish. The adventuring win I think, has to be the most difficult.

Tuidjy
10-19-2015, 04:58 PM
The game really, really need a few more screens.

For example, we should be able to see a summary of the clan's bonuses:
How much food is being consumed, and how that number is affected by members' skills.
What bonuses apply to repairing/uncursing/enchanting armor/weapons/jewelry.
How much gear/food/potions/doors are being crafted by members.
How much is happiness affected by member skills.
Etc, etc, etc...

Shadow
10-19-2015, 05:04 PM
How much food is being consumed, and how that number is affected by members' skills.

You can see how fast food is being consumed by highlighting any food number.

Tuidjy
10-19-2015, 05:21 PM
I know. But I would also like to see how:
- my cooks, butchers, etc... are affecting reducing the rate food is consumed
- my farmers, etc.. are increasing the food store automatically

Some of the information is available here and there, but I would like a screen that lets me enjoy how well my clan is running.

===========================

Something funny has happened in one of my areas. There are literally dozens (40+) level 6 recruits in the areas, and almost no monsters. The recruits all have 0s in their random picked skill, both utility (farmer, butcher) and class (exploding arrow, fireball)

When I moused over a boss's abilities, I saw "Incredible Poison Resistance +750% Fire Resistance". I did not have either attack type, so I am not could not check which was actually present, but it definitely needs to be looked at.

I keep finding possible recruits with 0s in their skills (everything but the skills that allow them to wear equipment) They have high levels, but it will take them a few to catch up with those clan member who already have advanced their skills. I think that no clan member should have skills lower than the what his level entitles him.

Compare the guy who has been watching my back since day one to the possible recruit. She would have been one hell of a addition, but her skills are all zeros.

http://i.imgur.com/Ki7f6X7.jpg

Majber
10-20-2015, 04:08 AM
My initial feedback from 15h of gameplay. :

Clan and clan base
-clan members need to have more "things" to do becouse with larger clan 95% clan members do nothing
-it should be vendor in clan base becouse for 15h of gameplay I noticed only 1 vendor so I dont rly have any money
-it should be clan "deposit" or "box" for items that we want to give to clan members ,and they should just be there not just tossed into the ground if no one want them, but they should wait there for for example new members
-more crafting could be nice

Food/hunting for potions
-they should have seperate timers
-maybe lower time for each of them
-it should be some alternative way of getting potions and food- for example crafting or doing a farm in clan base (another activity for clan members!)

Monsters&their damage
-flame throwers have too big damage

Skills
-respecting skill have TOO BIG cost, in this game I have hardly any money anyway becouse there are almost no vendors, so in the end there is close to 0 flexibility in skill respecting

sry for my english, its not my native lang.

Throwback
10-20-2015, 09:15 AM
Tuidjy, I'm pretty sure the skills all increase to 1 after the NPC levels up the first time.

My feedback:

I too am not a huge fan of mazelike outdoor areas. Maybe tone down the incidence of map obstructions a little, particularly the walls that cut off one narrow section of the map that turns out to be the corner and then you have to run out again...

The dead towns is a good idea for atmosphere, but could maybe use a few monsters or some dropped loot to liven it up? Much less than other areas though.

As others have noted, the clans of other towns take a long time to run through. That wouldn't bother me if I could at least teleport *to* the towns I am allied with.

Please stop dropping my items if they can't be donated to a clan member! Just leave it in my inventory and give me a message.

To end on a positive - I love the faster weapon swings!

I have only played a couple of hours so I can't comment too much more on the game, it definitely became more fun as I figured out the (enormous amount of) new systems I had to learn. I will post more feedback when I have played some more. Loving what I have played so far!

norari1977
10-20-2015, 10:42 AM
i would like to see something more town management(building) feature. each towns has quite wider space and several buildings but it feels very empty like a ghost town. it will be nice if player can build their own shop or farms, training grounds, church, food factory or something like that. it will be nice if those feature are possible in this build or future expansion pack.

Tuidjy
10-20-2015, 02:11 PM
As others have noted, the clans of other towns take a long time to run through. That wouldn't bother me if I could at least teleport *to* the towns I am allied with.
I am pretty sure that you can teleport to the seats of clans with whom you have a mutual defense pact or an alliance.

-------------------

I think that when you mouse over a clan member defense stats, the value you see for parry/evade/etc... are the player's, not the member.

-------------------

One of the member personalities is "Hates PlagueBringers". The strange capitalization makes it look like a variable name, and does not sit well with the rest.

Joghi
10-20-2015, 05:33 PM
After a few hours of gameplay I must say the game looks great. However, I had a small issue when I tried to repair items: After left clicking on a grindstone in the crafting station the mouse cursor vanished. Selecting the right item to repair then became kind of lottery.

Shadow
10-20-2015, 06:02 PM
After left clicking on a grindstone in the crafting station the mouse cursor vanished. Selecting the right item to repair then became kind of lottery.

Which OS are you using?

Throwback
10-20-2015, 11:59 PM
I'd like to revise my complaint about the mazelike maps.

After thinking about it, I see it as a good/neutral thing - you have to explore, every map is different and it's not just a case of walking around the edges a la diablo 2.

Joghi
10-21-2015, 02:38 AM
Which OS are you using?

Sorry, I forgot to mention. I'm using linux (slackware64 14.0, multilib) with a NVIDIA card and NVIDIA drivers.

Shadow
10-21-2015, 10:07 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention. I'm using linux (slackware64 14.0, multilib) with a NVIDIA card and NVIDIA drivers.

Usually which OS doesn't matter, but in this case I suspect it is a Linux only issue.

Tuidjy
10-21-2015, 12:41 PM
There are some buffs that are clearly meant to be kept on all the time, i.e. the cooldown is insignificant compared to their duration: Shield of Fire, Bravery, etc... With a three man party, recasting the buff every minute or so is just a pain in the neck. I would suggest the duration is increased by 10. If the cost has to be adjusted accordingly, so be it.

-----------

Every now and then, my party members and even guards take a strong dislike at my doors, and break them down. It may be happening when I accidentally damage the doors with a multi-target or area of effect spell or skill, which raises the question, why do my enemy only spells work on my doors?

----------- Post .92 patch ---------

When you attempt to disable the help, the warning message is still talking about a space ship, rather than a fantasy character.

-----------

When you mouse over an NPC's defense stat in their character sheet, you still see the player's parry/evade/etc... rather than the NPC's.

erikem
10-23-2015, 02:40 PM
Few points so far (Conjurer 16, Ranger 17, Warrior 8):
- As has been mentioned - human clans are WAY too tough comparing to everyone else. I can easily kill with my ranger one on one member of almost any other clan but humans... my raid party of 3 toughest guys in my clan plus me could barely kill human
- Somehow I get a feeling that all my clan members are way tougher than me even if they have more or less same vitality and armor
- Blizzard IHMO is op when used against player. Strong damage + debuff + no real way to avoid it. When you face 4-5 zombie dark elf mercenaries they have good chances of tearing you apart
- Warrior seems super lame. He doesn't do enough damage to compensate the fact that he has to fight in melee
- Raids are unfair because they allow you to get into the areas you haven't found yet - you just raid them and get instant teleport to their area even if you haven't been there yet
- When 2 clans with last member remaining raid each other it is lame. They can stand in their enemies camps for eternity
- It seems NPC clan members have serious troubles opening their own doors - they get stuck at their own entrances
- It would be nice if + sign on potential equipment (meaning that it's better than yours) would take more than just armor/damage into account
- Skills progressions seems very slow later on. Ok I have new lvl and bunch of skill points. Can I invest them to make myself 10% as strong? 5%? Usually the answer is no

Maslow
10-24-2015, 02:25 PM
after about level 16-18 most classes seem to nose dive on power and skill point usefulness compared to NPCs and monsters.

up to this point I didn't need to have 2 NPCs and a summon (if available for the class) to survive/adventure.

Also around this stage is when quests start becoming worth far far less. most my quests at ~23 are worth less than 800 xp, and it takes ~42k to level. This seems like maybe it would be about right, if I weren't constantly being 1-2 shot killed by either an ambush or an orange guy I didn't see in the mass.

So the xp debt, dying nearly every 10 minutes, low mana and health regen (even out of combat) is really making the player feel under-powered and like it already peaked 3 levels ago.

So far I've played all classes to around 16 except ranger. I felt similarly about Din's Curse but the peak was higher.

Maslow
10-24-2015, 02:43 PM
I thought my demon hunter was higher, but guess the peak for demon hunter is lower.

I have to go back to a healthstone every 2-3 level 7 enemies I fight. (dark elves currently)

Str 14, Dex 20, Vit 20, Int 23, Spirit 15. Level 10

SpiritStrike -2
Magical Deflection 1
Energy Shield 1
WampirBlood 1
Ravage 1
Inferno 1

Caal
10-25-2015, 01:45 PM
Not sure if this is a bug or I am missing something, but my quests give me 60% more xp than is listed on the quest screen. I am playing at very slow pace, which I thought had a 20% xp penalty.

Again, I might be missing something, but I have completed two adventurer wins and have not received the set or higher level item that should come from this win.

Tuidjy
10-25-2015, 03:05 PM
I just lost my tenth hardcore character. Level 29 warrior. Just like eight of the other nine, I was killed by something that I could not identify, definitely not a monster, probably a poison cloud cast by a human type enemy... although I had very respectable poison resistance.

140 hit points, recurring about every second, when the strongest potion I have cannot heal even 50% of that, and when with 50% of my stat points in vitality, my hit points are below three times that.

I find monsters and their attacks very, very manageable. I was killing level 37-39 bosses no problem. Until I come across something that I cannot identify and kills me before I can react, and get the "X died in Y" message, which is supremely unhelpful.

By the way, with all these characters, I have lost exactly one clan member to a monster attack (or rather three simultaneous ones) and no party members. It tells you something when a player characters designed by a veteran player for survivability die like flies while NPCs are unkillable.

tearfulbastard
10-25-2015, 03:08 PM
Oddly enough, my semi-hardcore character just got killed by an insta-kill poison cloud a couple minutes ago.

alstein
10-25-2015, 11:26 PM
Suggestion - don't allow salvaging of items you are wearing, just in your inventory.

Painful when you do that.

Throwback
10-26-2015, 06:50 AM
I thought my demon hunter was higher, but guess the peak for demon hunter is lower.

I have to go back to a healthstone every 2-3 level 7 enemies I fight. (dark elves currently)

Str 14, Dex 20, Vit 20, Int 23, Spirit 15. Level 10

SpiritStrike -2
Magical Deflection 1
Energy Shield 1
WampirBlood 1
Ravage 1
Inferno 1

10 is definitely not peak power. There are a number of obvious improvements you can make to your build.

Ravage and Wampir Blood are both aoe, you only need 1 of them. Blood in particular is 8 points which could be put to great use by investing in more defence. Eventually you will get to the point where 8 points is no longer expensive, then it is time to think about Wampir Blood.

I also think you could improve your stat allocation. Demon hunters get decent bonuses off spirit but nothing off intelligence (other than the usual perks). Ditch all your intelligence - assuming you can in this game, you could in Din's Curse - and put it into your physical stats - str, dex or vit. The Devour passive will keep your mana high enough, certainly at level 10.

Don't ignore your standard attack. It actually is useful in this game, unlike every other ARPG.

Decide if you are going 2-hander + plate, or shield + defence and aim your gear at armour or defence accordingly.

Take at least 1 vitality every level.

edits: Everything.

Throwback
10-27-2015, 09:33 AM
2 more bugs

1. With the skill screen open I can still click on the win/clan/lose buttons despite them being covered by the skill screen window.

2. Collectors clan was attacking my party member who I had only acquired in that map.

3. I can't reallocate stat points. Maybe intentional but really hurts when you get to level 10 or so and realise you haven't got enough of a particular stat and can't progress, particularly with the level 10 'hump' (no money, mobs get way tougher - if you don't have your build right at this point, you basically have to restart).

4. Game doesn't pause when I open the stats screen.

Tuidjy
10-27-2015, 08:27 PM
Does anyone know how 'luminaries' work? I guess that a member becomes a luminary as soon as he hit 100 happiness... but I have people who have happiness in the 500s, and they do not get the bonus. Is it something that only happens once, and lasts for a bit? I would prefer it if it took more happiness, but that the bonus was constant, or at least, renewable.

For example, you could have luminary as a 30mn bonus, every time a member is above 200 and does not have it, but every time 'luminary' expires, the happiness would be reset to 100.

Shadow
10-27-2015, 09:12 PM
Does anyone know how 'luminaries' work?

They are supposed to just need 100 happiness.

Tuidjy
10-27-2015, 10:05 PM
Then it seems that something s wrong with whatever mechanism allows them to keep the bonus.

I have a luminary right now, I will try to see what makes him lose the bonus.

------------

Well, this was easy. The 'luminary' effect does not save. Every time you quit the game, you lose your current luminaries, I cannot get them back unless you make them miserable.

By the way, potion effects do not save either. although that is a lot less important.

ScrObot
10-27-2015, 10:35 PM
They are supposed to just need 100 happiness

Are they supposed to be luminaries the entire time they are 100 happiness or above? Because that's definitely not happening. Many of my clan members are above 100 happiness (including one REALLY happy ranger at 4413) and none are showing the Luminary buff currently.

Tuidjy
10-28-2015, 03:28 PM
I know I am starting to sound like a broken record, but can we please get a way to lock an item or even the whole inventory of a clan member? No AI will be ever able to match the player when deciding which item best works with his strategy.

I have some awesome party members, but they insist on replacing extremely powerful items with rarer, more expensive, but ultimately a lot less useful gear. An ego weapon with an insane damage bonus and a ice storm on hit may be worth 30 silvers, but it is way better than many items with half a dozen barely useful bonuses which raise its price into gold.

Shadow
10-28-2015, 03:37 PM
I know I am starting to sound like a broken record, but can we please get a way to lock an item or even the whole inventory of a clan member?

I will probably add this at some point in time. You guys are just generating ideas/bug lists faster than I can keep up with. :)

Posting the 2 items in question might help also. Maybe their values should be fixed so the game thinks of their value similar to what the players feel.

Oblivion
10-28-2015, 03:44 PM
In addition to the replacement based on price, archers with the ability to use daggers and bows seem to always prefer daggers. I have to manually equip them with bows.

PixelLord
10-28-2015, 05:28 PM
In addition to the replacement based on price, archers with the ability to use daggers and bows seem to always prefer daggers. I have to manually equip them with bows.

Strangely, mine seem to always be equipped with bows. Streaky luck?

Tuidjy
10-28-2015, 07:00 PM
You know how before, you could not hire summoners with pets? Now the pets attack me, but I cannot fight back. Fortunately, other clans target them, and thus rid me of them.

-----

As for the replacement items, I no longer have the very expensive one that was replacing my fighter's axe, but I just encountered something even stranger: Check this screenshot (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=543642398). Tara does not want a bow that is about 10 times better than what she has. Neither does anyone else, and I have other rangers.

Throwback
10-30-2015, 04:26 AM
When I alt-tab out of zombasite and then alt-tab back in, the game reads my cursor as some distance to the right of where it actually is (ie to press buttons I have to move my cursor to the left of the button I am trying to click on). I will try to get a screenshot next time it happens.

Throwback
10-30-2015, 10:11 AM
I had a level 20 priest while I was at level 13. Seemed like a bug.

Riposte doesn't walk towards the target when it is available - you have to get in range first. Very annoying.

ScrObot
10-30-2015, 08:52 PM
Has anyone unlocked the fifth crafting ingredient yet, the one after Arcane Essence? I've got a level 62 Ranger and salvage things constantly (32k Armor Scraps, 13k Grindstones...) but it's still "unknown".

Tuidjy
10-30-2015, 09:55 PM
I had it unlocked in previous versions, but none of my current characters seem to have it.

Throwback
10-30-2015, 11:10 PM
I had one bugged quest named Scout. All factions were dead except one and the quest said 'We haven't heard anything from lately. Find out what's going on'. There was no location on the map, I assume it wanted me to check out another faction.

Normal attack in slot one can't be replaced by another skill which is odd since left mouse is normal attack anyway.

NPCs refer to the power of clans I haven't encountered yet.

The fire sound needs fixing, it is way way louder than everything else. Fire throwers are stupid powerful too (might just be gear issues). To me this boils down to the fact that melee characters *have* to take significant damage from poison and fire, but gear drops that make one aspect better without completely ruining something else are very uncommon (eg, poison resist AND defence). Or maybe it's just cause I am using a shield and searching for defence in my quest for a riposte build.

The monster lock-on is far too lenient. I had to fight a group of gigantic named mobs, and it regardless of where on the screen I clicked, I would attack the named mob. It's pretty bad with regular sized mobs too - it's extremely hard to click into empty spaces to reposition.

Shadow
10-30-2015, 11:37 PM
The monster lock-on is far too lenient. I had to fight a group of gigantic named mobs, and it regardless of where on the screen I clicked, I would attack the named mob. It's pretty bad with regular sized mobs too - it's extremely hard to click into empty spaces to reposition.

Any particular type of monster?

Throwback
10-31-2015, 01:09 AM
Any particular type of monster?

A gigantic lich. All the gigantic mobs are very difficult to not click on though.

Caal
11-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Just finished my arch nemesis quest and I don't think I got the quest xp for it. Finished another arch nemesis quest - definitely no xp for it.

Is there an easier way to repair (or socket) my party's equipment than pulling it off them, putting it in my inventory, fixing it, then putting it back on them?

Shadow
11-02-2015, 04:21 PM
Is there an easier way to repair (or socket) my party's equipment than pulling it off them, putting it in my inventory, fixing it, then putting it back on them?

At least for repairing, you don't need to unequip the item.

Throwback
11-02-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm 90% sure the algorithm for NPCs upgrading staves is bugged.

I had 2 staves last night which were clearly better than the initial grey staff my clan member started with - one green one yellow, both with higher DPS and magic damage % than the NPC's staff, not to mention other bonuses - but my NPC didn't want either. I had to equip them manually.

Caal
11-02-2015, 06:49 PM
At least for repairing, you don't need to unequip the item.

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but I don't know how to have the crafting screen and the NPC inventory open at the same time. Once I have the armor repair cursor, trying to open any NPC inventory changes the cursor back, and if the NPC inventory is open, I can't access the crafting table.

Shadow
11-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Maybe I'm not seeing it, but I don't know how to have the crafting screen and the NPC inventory open at the same time. Once I have the armor repair cursor, trying to open any NPC inventory changes the cursor back, and if the NPC inventory is open, I can't access the crafting table.

I'm sorry, I missed the party member part. I don't think there is an easier way.

Throwback
11-04-2015, 01:30 AM
I'm starting to hate gates and stairways being an obvious group spawn zone. Teleport deaths into the middle of groups are deadly for a reason and even if I *can* gate away from anything too dangerous: a) I'd prefer not to have to; and b) sometimes I gate away by accident because of how insanely easy it is to click on gates or stairways.

I'd love to see a small area around gates & stairways being designated 'no-spawn' zones, or at least have them with the same spawn coding as everywhere else rather than (what seems to me) a higher chance of large groups spawning there.

Throwback
11-04-2015, 02:21 AM
This is ridiculous.

I started the game with 3 curses. Took care of 2, which I'm proud of since I'm melee and *ALL* the curses affect melee really badly.

The 3rd curse is posession of one of my clan. This is where the cure is situated:

0 X
0 0 0
B

My Base is B, the zone I need to get to is X. All the zones designated as 0 are zones that DO NOT have passage to zone X or to a zone adjacent to zone X. The minimum number of zones I need to traverse to get to zone X is 6. It is beyond stupid - I'm not having fun, I'm raging.

I would attach a screenshot but apparently the ss the game takes has a file size too big for the forum - if anyone knows a good way to attach, let me know please.

Conclusion: Can we have some guaranteed maximum distances for curses since 90% of my games start with my clan affected by 1 or more. Can you add some curses that affect predominantly casters, since that will dilute the amount of crippling curses melee gets and currently casters don't really care about the curses.

ScrObot
11-04-2015, 04:07 AM
I'm starting to hate gates and stairways being an obvious group spawn zone. Teleport deaths into the middle of groups are deadly for a reason and even if I *can* gate away from anything too dangerous: a) I'd prefer not to have to; and b) sometimes I gate away by accident because of how insanely easy it is to click on gates or stairways.

I'd love to see a small area around gates & stairways being designated 'no-spawn' zones, or at least have them with the same spawn coding as everywhere else rather than (what seems to me) a higher chance of large groups spawning there.

I teleported into an ally's town and was met with at least 10 boss monsters hanging out right next to the gate. That... did not end well. :) I resurrected and entered town from the side instead so I could pick them off one at at time or in small groups. But... yeah, that wasn't cool. :)

Nesmo
11-04-2015, 06:12 AM
In .904, each attempt an AI makes at a raid generates a new gate, which results in absurd numbers of gates in later rounds. In the second half of the image, an oddly named item was generated.
http://i.imgur.com/jvbNL98.jpg

Also sometimes (about one out of twenty) recruitable NPCs are still having the blank attributes/skills window problem.

ScrObot
11-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Also sometimes (about one out of twenty) recruitable NPCs are still having the blank attributes/skills window problem.

I occasionally see this if I pause before looking at their character sheet. Unpausing makes it load.

Nesmo
11-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Oh, that would explain the occurances perfectly, ScrObot

Crisses
11-04-2015, 10:32 PM
At least on my mac it is.

Default settings with Dvorak keyboard layout chosen.

When I click Control my Character freezes in place. I've gotten unstuck by mucking around some. Happened again today so I went and checked the stay still toggle, to see if I could get Unstuck. And that was strange -- with the stay still toggle turned ON, pressing control allowed my character to move, and if I let go my character froze in place. That's the opposite of a toggle.

The problem I had had where I was standing still with the stay still toggle OFF went away when I un-checked the stay still toggle.

I have a feeling there's a bug there somewhere....

So: everything's OK until I accidentally hit Control (trying to stand still). Then my character stands still and can't move at all. I expect press to stand still, release to resume movement. That's how it used to work.
Then when I check the Stay Still Toggle in the game options, it has the opposite of what should be the normal behavior. I was stuck in place when I went in. Now I have to press to move, and when I let go I'm still stuck.
So I uncheck the Stay Still Toggle and I can move again -- but I don't dare press Control again and get stuck ;)

Professor Paul1290
11-06-2015, 08:12 PM
Visibility is a bit better since see-through roofs are back, but it would probably help for it to apply to trees as well since those obstruct the camera a lot in certain areas.

Tuidjy
11-07-2015, 02:47 PM
My clan seat is called Bulgar, and my arch enemy's name is Diavol (Дявол) which means devil. Has your RGN picked up a Bulgarian dictionary or something?

Shadow
11-07-2015, 02:53 PM
My clan seat is called Bulgar, and my arch enemy's name is Diavol (Дявол) which means devil. Has your RGN picked up a Bulgarian dictionary or something?

No, just an interesting coincidence.

Throwback
11-07-2015, 05:28 PM
Acid pools are invisible in grasslands or woodlands, they sit underneath the ground cover. Intended or not, it sucks. I notice this most with zombie adders.

FluorescentBlack
11-07-2015, 08:18 PM
The AI party members blocking you from moving when not in combat can be frustrating when the pathfinding tries to make you go all the way around something.
Also I would like it if you stand still for a certain ammount of time the AI party members would step towards you and idle next to you so musical equipment is easier.

-Almost 10 characters and I have not found an arch enemy, where are they?

-I have not gotten a reward chest yet and have all wins except an abandon on a blocked map.

-If we get the ability to move attribute points around like in Dins I would like the traits purchased to stay even if we loose the required attribute number. It could make some epic builds and epic money sinks as theres not enough to spent $ on. Perhaps having AI clans always stock some rarer items. They do often enough though and between them and buying food n stuff money can get tight. Buying alliances feels a bit too cheap and the rewards for having them are not that good IMO.

Thats enough for now, Cheers

Crisses
11-08-2015, 12:20 AM
I decided to watch a level 4 menu screen for a few minutes. A couple NPC clan people spawned at a health stone, but quickly were mauled by a mob of monsters who then tore each other apart, respawned as zombies and it seemed they all started pooling in my view map.... check out the screenshot....especially the minimap.... I eventually scrolled around found 2 clan Fang lamias and they wandered a little too close to the mob, and were killed. 1 respawned as a zombie.... Not a good day for the menu screen game.

But it makes you wonder if things like that happen in the actual game...or is this something peculiar to the menu screen game? Within 1 minute of game time, a chunk of map was overpopulated with zombies.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8998700/Screen%20Shot%202015-11-07%20at%2011.07.19%20PM.png

Crisses
11-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Something should be done with party members & their "hate" of other clan members. For example, at least for non-grudgeholding clansfolk, their hatred should tick down -- maybe slowly -- while apart. So separating troublemakers from the troubled should effectively mend some of the wear-and-tear of living in close quarters. So I end up with a 15 member clan and no one likes anyone. I think the "happy" and "nice" folk got 60s at best with a couple people, many were in the 50s, and those in the 30s with each other were constantly fighting even immediately upon entering town. My party member would run off and start beating on the person they disliked. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" was not the rule of the day. I even kicked a few people out because of the infighting. It's possible that jugglers and entertainers and food people weren't doing their job, which didn't help run a moderately large town.

And I brought this gang of apathetic loathers with me to the next game? Ugh. lol -- so I started a new game. The 2 people I left behind in town eventually got married. Go figure. Then I started adding more people to town, so who knows what will happen.

Potions of happiness? Potions of sanity? Love Potions? -- something worth putting out there. You'd think there'd be some happy drugs in a world full of grief and misery and magic. Taking disgruntled folk out of the hold (party, hunting, etc.) should even poor relations out towards 50 -- slowly, but "absence makes the heart grow fonder...or grow mold." UNLESS they have resentful traits etc.

Misc Game Problems:

Staff & Wand do not appear to self-allocate through the clan armory dropbox. No matter what. You have to manually assign these items. They also seem reluctant to take a new bow, so that might be broken also. Bows are generally cheaper than melee weapons, this could be a problem when allocating to folk since price is used to determine "better." Perhaps a ranged weapon "premium" to even out? (their items weren't locked, it was a much better item, etc.)

Normal gates say 3 oil things to enchant, but the enchantment doesn't work -- probably because they can't be repaired which includes enchantment -- or it's a bug.

Maybe when you cursor over the area name above the minimap the local quests could be listed?

Crisses
11-09-2015, 08:25 PM
Oh, one more thing -- I started a brand new Level 2 character/area, and I had important quests in an area that I couldn't find an entrance to. Thankfully I was a magician, and when the quests in the area piled up, I used points to purchase Teleport & teleported over the wall between areas. I clicked up and down that wall, the wall in the area north of it, and went 3 areas up from my town trying to find a way to get into that area. I don't know how maps are being drawn, but if I still have that game/map, I can send you the file and you can look at it...

ScrObot
11-10-2015, 12:24 AM
Normal gates say 3 oil things to enchant, but the enchantment doesn't work -- probably because they can't be repaired which includes enchantment -- or it's a bug.

Arcane Essences (and maybe Orbs of Fortune and Dusts of Destiny, I don't recall) essentially have a "chance" at adding an enchantment... however, nothing happens if it fails, and you don't lose any materials when it fails. When enchanting using Arcane Essences, I just click madly until I'm at the max, typically. (Same with Grindstones/Armor Scraps.)

Arcane Essences should have 100% chance, I consider this a bug. :)

Oils of Purification seem to have 100% chance to remove curses in my experience, so they appear to be working as expected.

Crisses
11-10-2015, 07:54 AM
Arcane Essences (and maybe Orbs of Fortune and Dusts of Destiny, I don't recall) essentially have a "chance" at adding an enchantment... however, nothing happens if it fails, and you don't lose any materials when it fails.

Ok, so then perhaps it's User Error (replace user...).

Tuidjy
11-10-2015, 12:33 PM
I hope that all 'rare' crafting materials are left with 100% chance to work. The amount needed should be of course calibrated for balance, but once you have the needed quantity, you should be guaranteed success.

I have gone through 800 armor scraps before upgrading a single piece of armor, due to bad luck. At the rate shards, for example, drop I will never have enough to actually plan on upgrading anything, if there is a chance of failure.

Tuidjy
11-10-2015, 04:51 PM
I try to always get an adventuring win, with as many clans alive as possible. When too many of them attacked at once, it is hard to keep track of what is going on - you have to sort through the available quests, which takes a bit of time.

Would it be too hard to see the ongoing attacks on clan seats when we mouse over the "A friend is being attacked!" icon? Something this:

A friend is being attacked!
Sisterhood of Light is attacked by blue screes.
Heart of Gold's town has being infiltrated by Foo the Bar.
The Scourge is being raided by Reptilian Terror.

If that is too hard, can we at least see the local quests when we mouse over the clan seat's gate when at our own gate.

Throwback
11-11-2015, 07:43 AM
One of the player's clan layouts puts the lifestone in a spot that is very hard for the player and both party NPCs to reach (it has the wall of a building very close to the stone). In all layouts it is something of a pain getting them to the lifestone - the area around it should be clear so the NPCs don't bug out. To be specific, those barrels are a pain in the arse.

When I want to enchant my weapon, the weapon text obscures the number of crafting materials I have.

Caal
11-11-2015, 07:46 AM
One of the player's clan layouts puts the lifestone in a spot that is very hard for the player and both party NPCs to reach (it has the wall of a building very close to the stone). In all layouts it is something of a pain getting them to the lifestone - the area around it should be clear so the NPCs don't bug out.

Definitely agree.

Caal
11-11-2015, 07:49 AM
There is no difference between rejecting the offer of an item and rejecting a request to declare war. When I rejected a request to declare war, the clan leader said "Great, now I have to keep lugging this thing around".

Also, it would be nice if the Alchemist trait improved your chances of curing a zombie infection with a health potion.

The ability to drag and drop a potion (or anything else) from the skills bar appears to be gone.

CymTyr
11-20-2015, 08:32 PM
Hi Soldak! I've been gone a long time, but I've tried to stay faithful to you. I don't always play your games because to be frank, an hour can go by and I don't even notice, and that's kind of scary :) Scary good, though, for sure.

I just pre purchased Zombasite and I see it still needs some tweaks, but I'm digging the new environments and models, and I think that your work is underrated. Thanks for the tweets with updates, as well.

All in all so far I'm impressed with this game. I can see how good it is and will be once you finish, and I'm glad you're still making games. I will say if you decide to put this one on GOG I will rebuy it there like I did your other games, so keep that in mind.

Keep up the good work, and I like how when I buy your games I never have buyer's remorse ;)

Caal
11-21-2015, 07:51 PM
Sometimes when raiding another clan, the gates to their fort cannot be attacked, leaving no way to get in. I don't know if it's connected, but the game tends to crash when this situation occurs, even if I've cancelled the raid.

Caal
11-23-2015, 08:08 AM
I'm not getting XP for killing monsters in or near deserted forts.

Sgt TT
11-23-2015, 09:06 AM
" The god Herodius has rewarded your Diplomatic Win with crafting items! " ...

However... don't see items :(

jeeplaw
11-23-2015, 09:29 AM
Just some feedback..

Yep, hours are passing and it's a good thing. Much to do in the game, and random..love that.

A) food. A hard element to account for when you have a big clan. The only fine tuning I would put there is reducing the actual one hour down to either 15 mins or 30 mins. 60 mins is too long.

B) An easier way to drop an item into the clan bucket to spread around. Drag and drop works, but when your backpack is full, I'd rather the right click on the mouse be for dropping it into the clan bucket than auto/switch equiping on my character. Clan bucket gets a ton more activity than right click auto equipping

C) Need a hearth button, mechanism, besides finding gates!

:cool:

Shadow
11-23-2015, 12:37 PM
" The god Herodius has rewarded your Diplomatic Win with crafting items! " ...

However... don't see items :(

The crafting items should have gone straight to your crafting item counts. The text should probably tell you what you got though so that it is more clear.

Shadow
11-23-2015, 12:39 PM
B) An easier way to drop an item into the clan bucket to spread around. Drag and drop works, but when your backpack is full, I'd rather the right click on the mouse be for dropping it into the clan bucket than auto/switch equiping on my character. Clan bucket gets a ton more activity than right click auto equipping

The buy/sell hotkey (defaults to space) when you have the crafting table menu up does what you want.

jeeplaw
11-23-2015, 05:50 PM
The buy/sell hotkey (defaults to space) when you have the crafting table menu up does what you want.

True, though I can't remap to right mouse button ;)

acariciar
11-24-2015, 02:47 AM
A) food. A hard element to account for when you have a big clan. The only fine tuning I would put there is reducing the actual one hour down to either 15 mins or 30 mins. 60 mins is too long.

Food is either insanely easy to get by destroying a clan (~300 food), or impossible to maintain enough even if you can kill and advance very past. There's a wide range of food types, from Cheese and Wine to Quality Chicken and Ale. Alright. The fact that they either give 1 or 2 clan food is somewhat cheap, later on it would be great to see some with values of 3 and 4.

Hunting parties die a lot for me and are def. not a reliable source of food. So getting a logistics win seems like the biggest challenge, by the time you defeat enough clans to get their food, you already have a military win. :D

Throwback
11-24-2015, 07:51 AM
Please remove the 'sticky' targeting.

Example: attack a monster, then try to mouse over another mob to see what effects it has - you can't.

Also a lot of the time if you click a new monster your character will keep attacking the same mob. The sticky targeting is a particular problem for something like a gut build (you have to spread the love) or pretty much any build that switches targets often (conjurer, poison-focused rogues).

acariciar
11-24-2015, 12:55 PM
The same sticky problem comes with giants. Once they fill the screen, you can't run away or do anything because they capture the cursor.

Castruccio
01-14-2016, 12:03 AM
When you get a zombie infection and become poisoned and start losing health per second, is it necessary for the "ouch" sound (the sound of your character getting hurt) to play every single time your health ticks down from poison? What if the sound played for the first 10 times the infection took health, and after that negative health numbers simply displayed above the character's head without the sound.

Castruccio
01-14-2016, 12:23 PM
Also, when salvaging or using grindstones etc, it would be nice to be able to right click to exit salvage/repair mode instead of having to click the salvage/repair icon again to change my mouse pointer back to normal. That way I could move things around in my inventory faster. I'd salvage what I needed to, then right click, then have the finger pointer back to arrange my inventory.

Sharpoint
01-18-2016, 04:57 AM
Can there please be an option to stop NPCs from making stuff. In my current world I have an NPC that churns out doors at an incredible rate, taking up valuable inventory space.

Also, rather obviously, allow the making of stuff to be enabled and re enabled at will, please.

Forevener
01-18-2016, 08:40 AM
Can there please be an option to stop NPCs from making stuff. In my current world I have an NPC that churns out doors at an incredible rate, taking up valuable inventory space.

Also, rather obviously, allow the making of stuff to be enabled and re enabled at will, please.

1. Work focus - Rest & Relaxation will stop them from crafting anything (and also disable bonuses)
2. I've suggested to implement special container in player's settlement to receive crafted items from, it could be much nicer.

Throwback
01-22-2016, 08:08 AM
I know tuidjy is smashing this game, but I'm really struggling. Particularly playing melee.

Can we get some information about what causes curse? Is it a percentage chance every time you are hit? Or a percentage equal to the life lost when you get hit? I suspect it's implemented in a way that is very hard for defensive-oriented melee characters to avoid.

Also I have no idea how to cure a curse other than a heal pot or a zombie resist pot - both of which I have run out of on my current char (level 2 infected).

Crisses
01-22-2016, 09:12 AM
I know tuidjy is smashing this game, but I'm really struggling. Particularly playing melee.

Can we get some information about what causes curse? Is it a percentage chance every time you are hit? Or a percentage equal to the life lost when you get hit? I suspect it's implemented in a way that is very hard for defensive-oriented melee characters to avoid.

Also I have no idea how to cure a curse other than a heal pot or a zombie resist pot - both of which I have run out of on my current char (level 2 infected).

Send people out to forage and in 5 mins you should have more potions.

Go to a lower level area, kill lots of critters, you'll probably get healing potions.

I often do both -- send out a party, go to the same area, kill lots of critters to get food or potions.

Your other hope is wishing wells.... although the effects are random.

Get more items with zombie resistances.

Shadow
01-22-2016, 10:04 AM

The chance is based on the amount of damage taken from a zombie.

Throwback
01-22-2016, 05:31 PM
The chance is based on the amount of damage taken from a zombie.

Amount of damage relative to your health? Relative to your level? Or just flat 'amount of damage'. Because if it's just a flat 'amount of damage', I question how melee characters - ones that don't one-shot everything they see - can survive once the zombie's damage reaches a certain level.

Shadow
01-22-2016, 05:37 PM
Amount of damage relative to your health? Relative to your level? Or just flat 'amount of damage'. Because if it's just a flat 'amount of damage', I question how melee characters - ones that don't one-shot everything they see - can survive once the zombie's damage reaches a certain level.

It does take into account your max health also.

Throwback
01-23-2016, 04:20 AM
The option to disable dialogue with party members (which prevents misclicking) does not work when adventuring with heroes from other factions.

Sight of monsters in your own town is awesome - it should also apply in the towns of allies, imo.

Throwback
01-23-2016, 06:50 PM
It does take into account your max health also.

NB: Quote is in reference to % chance for zombie infection per hit.

This is crucial information for anyone building a melee character. Can you include it in the zombie knowledge or possibly even the manual?

wallacethefmh
02-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Add a keybind for use potion on player (similar to how F1 - FX will use potion on your party). This would be great because as your level you very quickly outlevel the potion that you have on your hotbar. It is annoying that at some points during leveling I had 5 slots taken up by different levels of health/mana potion for my character.

Some way to disable accidentally clicking on clan members in party during combat and when running around, it interrupts me all the time unintentionally. I personally would rather get the clan member options popup only when clicking on their unit frame (on the left side) instead of clicking on their character in game. I don't know if this is the best solution just an idea.

Controller support?
With hotkeys that do tab-like targeting (like MMOs), I can really see this working in this game. Is it planned? I have not tried using the tab targeting on a melee character though, that might be weird.

Shadow
02-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Some way to disable accidentally clicking on clan members in party during combat and when running around, it interrupts me all the time unintentionally. I personally would rather get the clan member options popup only when clicking on their unit frame (on the left side) instead of clicking on their character in game. I don't know if this is the best solution just an idea.

There is an option in the game options to do this.

Throwback
02-06-2016, 06:39 AM
I just lost a party member. Teleported home (using gate) while she was poisoned, used the shrine - she just walked around ignoring it, eventually dying to the poison.

I have a permanent 'quest finished' icon for a quest I completed not realising it was related to one of those phantom quests that don't disappear when a crafter who has set a quest dies/is removed from the clan.

Throwback
02-08-2016, 06:23 AM
When I die, I often quit the game. This sometimes means I forget where my soulstone is.

Can we have a popup when I mouseover the white mark on the XP bar telling me what map my soulstone is in?

While I'm at it, can you remove the cd on riposte? It makes 0 sense, given that it is in an ARPG where DPS is all that counts (I exaggerate, but seriously DPS > utility every day in ARPGs where, universally, TTK is low), and you have to *accept* being attacked just to use the thing in the first place, not to mention you are for all intents and purposes restricted to 1-handers to get the block.

Roswitha
02-08-2016, 10:39 AM
When I die, I often quit the game. This sometimes means I forget where my soulstone is.

Can we have a popup when I mouseover the white mark on the XP bar telling me what map my soulstone is in?

The soulstones disappear when you logout. I can't remember if there's a tooltip that says that, or if I'm remembering from an earlier game.

Throwback
02-10-2016, 05:46 AM
I just got raided...that's fine, although raids are a gigantic pain in the arse and no fun for me. I couldn't have prevented it, it was one of the 'nasty' clans who devolved to war on me after about 10 minutes.

The clan I was fighting was listed as level 10, but everyone I fought was level 14.5. Fine, I can still take them (slowly, and with a bit of management to ensure the 2 guys following me don't get swarmed by 10 dark elves...for me this is one of the only parts of the game I don't like, regardless of difficulty). I know the monster level is calculated based on their difficulty But these guys are dropping gear that can only be worn by level 14s (I'm level 13). So I'm a little confused whether they were level 10 reading as 14.5, or level 14.5 which the relations screen listed as level 10.

The other thing is that they had 2 statues (presumably petrified clan members) which a) joined them on the raid; and b) counted towards their clan total. Slowly taking out clan members who are fighting back is one thing, killing statues even more slowly is quite another.

Sharpoint
02-16-2016, 02:30 PM
It would be nice if grindstones etc. were highlighted even when the "Hide Crappy Items" option was turned on. I've noticed they were highlighted at lower levels, but now (level 34) they've stopped being highlighted

By highlighted I mean text displayed

Sharpoint
02-21-2016, 05:28 PM
When selecting a character, in the options key the only options listed are

HC - Hardcore
U - Unlucky
P - Poverty
SH - Semi hardcore

Unless this is intentional, seeing all of the various options listed in the options key would be great

Fennren
03-04-2016, 09:25 AM
Of all the beta related bugs I've seen, this one is by far the funniest. I just had a long winded conquest interrupted by an assassin spawning in my town and poisoning my members. Now, normally that would be normal, if it wasn't for the fact that the assassin is a Bulletin board sitting right outside my walls, immune to attack or targeting. this rude individual isn't even offering me quests, just death.

vau0807
03-18-2016, 11:54 PM
I'm enjoying the game so far. Here are a few gameplay balance issues that I noticed.

Food consumed too quickly. Can consumption rate be adjusted, or at least made explicit in the UI?
Rival clans destroyed by monsters too easily. On a Small Level 0 map, 2 clans were wiped out before I even met them.
Too much loot, too few opportunities to sell it. Vendors die easily. It would be nice to have a town vendor whose only purpose is to buy excess gear at a steep discount.

Maledictus
03-20-2016, 11:58 AM
Is it possible to disable/remove the mouse hover text that appears over empty inventory slots? The text obscures other items so it leads to unnecessary mousing when I'm taking a quick look at my items. And the slots are empty, it's pretty clear, I don't think we need to be told this.

sourdust
03-22-2016, 08:10 PM
1. When you encounter a random NPC in the wilds, and click to view their stats, you have a button giving you the option to kick them out of your clan. But they haven't joined your clan yet...

2. The various missions having you escort a random NPC from A to B... those NPCs are really fragile. They should be sort of fragile, but right now they're like Humpty Dumpty trying to play ice hockey. They can get single-shotted by many things, and sometimes even die from single traps.

3. I'm finding the various auto-pause / anto-unpause mechanics to be inconsistent and counterintuitive. If I open the "character" window, the game is auto-paused and can't be unpaused, even though sometimes I want to unpause it (eg to see the effect of various skill or equipment changes on my stats.) Conversely, some windows I feel should auto-pause but don't. And closing some windows automatically unpauses, while others don't. I think there's a need for a comprehensive look at all that. Perhaps like this:

(a) anything that brings up a full-screen window, obscuring the entire playing area, automatically pauses and cannot be unpaused while that screen is up. Whatever "pause" status was in effect when the window was called up remains in effect when it is closed. EG, if the game was paused when the window was opened, it remains paused when the window is closed.
(b) anything that brings up a smaller window, so you can still view part of the main playing screen, auto-pauses but can be unpaused. Closing the window has no effect on pause status.

Shadow
03-24-2016, 10:42 AM
Is it possible to disable/remove the mouse hover text that appears over empty inventory slots? The text obscures other items so it leads to unnecessary mousing when I'm taking a quick look at my items. And the slots are empty, it's pretty clear, I don't think we need to be told this.

If you mean the ones in your bags, there is an option. Turn off "Show Simple Tips" in the game options.

MindDefect
03-24-2016, 09:35 PM
Also I know you raised the quality created items by clan members a few updates back, but I think most of us agree, they could be created even a bit less often, but more importantly, they should be of even more signifigant quality and/or rarity (better than common/uncommon). I really don't think it could end up being exploited or way too imbalanced.. I just think quality over quanity would be best here.

Would make it so players are more encouraged to put these certain clan members on "work". As it stands, it just seems like members with any of these many "Item creating" skills, can pretty much just be completely ignored, unless someone here can dispute that, and tell me that is part of how they succeed in this game :p

Maybe step this up further so clan members that are much lower than me still make just as good items, that are great for my higher level...but because they are such a lower level, they make items much less often.

Either way, it should almost never be a bother, rather than a cool feature.

Crisses
03-26-2016, 11:05 AM
Either way, it should almost never be a bother, rather than a cool feature.

I agree. I have a chest full of gates, because for a bit there were SO MANY attacks I needed them! But I still pass up a Carpenter character -- why bother? I find gates aplenty in the wild, the Carpenter isn't worth the food I spend on him.

Also these skills can only ever be "level 1" skills. Why not allow them to go from 1-3 signifying the level of objects they can create? Alchemists with level 3 can create health or mana potions, as an example. They RARELY do it, but it pays their rent. Carpenter Level 3 creates an elite door every hour or something -- or 90 minutes. I'd pay food for that.

And don't make it easy for them to raise the level of their crafting skills. You don't go from apprentice to master craftsman overnight. Otherwise, why take up precious slots with these skills?

Tuidjy
03-26-2016, 04:48 PM
And don't make it easy for them to raise the level of their crafting skills. You don't go from apprentice to master craftsman overnight. Otherwise, why take up precious slots with these skills?

I like this. You could make skill increases tied to one of the quests that require you to gather materials for an item. I would also leave the existing 'automatically crafted' items as they as, and make every tenth or so crafting quest into a chain quest (multiple stages) that would produce a elite or better item which would be the 'journeyman piece' or the 'master piece' that many guild tradition have. I am sure that if the effort is judged worth it, we can come up with levels for most skills.

Faceless
04-05-2016, 12:53 AM
Hello @Shadow. I recently picked up an early access copy of Zombasite. Depths and Din's were fun, but I could never escape a sense of missed potential in how Din's didn't have the surface maps or clans, and in how Depths did not have the deep dungeons. The evolution of Zombasite (no pun intended) combines and refines all the best features of your previous releases, and in doing so fulfills that potential. Thanks for making it.

I have put perhaps 10 hours in so far and have some suggestions and feedback. I see the main strengths of your games in the evolving random events, the fusion of game genre elements (ARPG + clan diplomacy etc), and the variety of settings for game customization. For example, the 'no zombies' and 'no clans' options you added allow a person convert Zombasite into a non-zombie Depths of Peril / Din's Curse 2. Some developers would just say 'it is supposed to be zombie themed' and dismiss the request. You give us options instead. Thank you for that too.

Suggestions:
1) The one mod I immediately sought out for both Depths of Peril and Din's Curse, and the only one I really needed, was the 3 skill tree hybrid mod. I would like to see this for Zombasite as well. I understand there are balance reasons for limiting hybrid to 2 choices as presented, especially with multiplayer available. I would suggest incorporating a permanent XP penalty into the 3 choice hybrid class, 10-25% as you think most fair. This penalty would stack with all other XP penalties from world creation settings. That is a tradeoff I would be happy to accept in exchange for having the option to have this built into the base game and UI. I would call it the Dabbler class, or something similar. Where a base class has a set of related skill trees and the hybrid focuses on only two unrelated skill trees to do well at them, the dabbler spreads himself out too thin on unrelated skill trees and does not learn how to advance his abilities as quickly - that is he price he pays for his flexibility. If the UI addition would be a hassle, perhaps pop up or toggle to a separate screen to make the 3 selections? Popup Dabbler choice interface with 3 choices, choice 1 pops up skill tree menu like for hybrid choice 1, same for 2 and 3, etc.

2) *Edit: deleted question about easier way to donate items to clan members* I saw the tooltip for using spacebar about an hour after I posted this, before it was approved by a moderator. Issue has already been addressed.

3) It is sort of strange to have art for vendor locations in town, such as the armorsmith wardrobe or weaponsmith armory, but so far in my play through it seems like the player never recruits a permanent vendor into the clan. Not having a vendor semi-consistently available to sell items to for coin makes coin seem a bit too hard to earn, despite it still applying to some game aspects like mass identify and respending skill points. Instead, vendors just stand out on the world map in the middle of the apocalypse waiting to die despite shelter being available, and can't be recruited. Would it be possible to add a world creation option to enable merchant and gambler recruitment? I could see it being done like the recruit or 'replace dead vendor' quests you had in your previous games. These quests could be made to be much rarer than they were in Dins Curse and Depths of Peril, and having to go quest to get them is more on theme with the Zombasite post-apocalypse than just starting with them already in town. Having this option available would also synergize with the 'no zombies' and 'no clans' options for those players that want to tweak the settings more towards Depths of Peril 2 than zombie apocalypse. I would suggest an XP penalty might be reasonable if you had an additional option to start with vendors already in town.

4) This may exist already and simply be something I haven't seen yet in my playthroughs, but any chance of seeing some of character elements Depths of Peril, Din's Curse, Kivi's Underworld? Such as say, a lumen clan, or spawns of legendary named story bosses like Ciglio?

5) Fire brigade duty for clan npcs, running back and forth between a well or ice grenade barrel in town and fires in the town map?

Bug Report:
This may be partly due to my settings, but I have a powerful 1 year old gaming rig. Huge world, 8 clans. The arch-nemesis colonize the 3rd floor of a dungeon about 8 screens away from my clan town. I wasn't really leveled enough to push out there, but the sieges started getting so bad that I pushed out of desperation despite being out leveled in that region, dying multiple times until I found the dungeon. By the time I got to it, there were nearly 40 scree uprisings and multiple named quest champion targets on the 3rd floor, with more uprisings generated every 1-2 minutes. As I got into the 1st floor, kills stopped dropping any loot. I was worried the system memory or some kind of cache was maxing out, so I went to save and exit to back out of the game. The save for that world run became corrupted and crashes the game whenever I try to resume it. So, it seems to me there was some kind of infinite loop on generating the uprising events. I'm torn about this - having the game stop dropping loot and corrupting the save for that run is bad, but I also like the idea of this huge army of uprisings snowballing because I can't get out to the area and event keeps evolving. I guess a compromise would be to see about maybe putting an optional toggle in game options or world generation to cap the maximum number of uprisings from one source?

Question: Is there any limit on how deep the dungeons can be? I've see one listed in the quest log that claimed to be as deep as 16 levels, similar to some Din's Curse runs. While it was in my crashed game, knowing that it is possible in combination with the open world map is rather exciting to me.

Thank you for your work, time, and consideration.

-Faceless

xtxlx
04-06-2016, 01:28 AM
I've played about 20 hours now, and the only thing that really irritates me about the game are ambushes. I've had several deaths due to instant kill ambushes.

It goes Ambush! - Surrounded and unable to move - death due to scarabrus boomer explosions, Saurian fire breath, etc. 2 seconds from full health to dead.

Could they at least spawn a little bit away from the hero so he could move?

Tuidjy
04-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Re: Ambushes

Most classes have a way of dealing with being surrounded. You need ways of getting away from such a predicament when you play hardcore, so here is how you can deal with it:
warrior, death knight - whirlwind (it's called something else for the knight, but it is the same skill)
demon hunter - ravage
wizard - teleport
rogue - disarm traps (ambushes triggered by monsters do not spawn on top of you)
conjurer - nova
priest - the priest has a hard time killing quickly, but has amazing survivability, and can quickly cast the relevant protection spell, then heal his way out.

I have died to a saurian ambush. Once. You can be damn sure that I no longer run characters who would die to an ambush. When you play exclusively hardcore, you try not to make the same mistake twice.

-----------

Re: Triple hybrids

Standard hybrids are already extremely powerful, with a much higher potential than any normal class. Giving them an extra tree with all that entails - higher stat bonuses, access to more equipment, extra skills to stack... is absolutely unbalancing.

No amount of experience penalty is going to make them unattractive, except by slowing their growth to the point of utter boredom and drudgery. And they will still be unbalanced.

I do not mind people using mods to balance the game so that they can enjoy it the most, personally. But I do not like the native game being peppered with obvious choices.

The only way I think triple hybrids belong in the native game is if they automatically receive the "Ego" and "Loner" attributes. No need for experience penalty, then. Do not get me wrong, they will still be braindead choice. I am playing with hardcore, loner and ego right now, and triple hybrids would be definitely making things easier.

Faceless
04-07-2016, 03:12 AM
Responding back about triple hybrids:

I do not agree that it would be so unbalancing that an XP penalty would have to be so severe as to be unplayable, or that handicaps as severe as loner and ego would have to be imposed. An XP penalty is in keeping with how Soldak dealt with Slower Pace and Low Stress. The easiest setting would be -20% for Very Slow Pace, -15% for Low Stress, plus whatever Soldak would penalize for triple hybrid (actually being an easy choice only if an efficient combination is chosen). -25% seems reasonable for use in harder settings with no other XP penalty, and if someone was set on all the easiest settings, they'd add up to pushing -55%+ XP overall. I note that World Setting XP penalties can change per game for the same character, while the triple hybrid penalty is attached to the character as long as it exists.

Speaking more constructively: As I see it, the only way triple hybrids would be a real potential problem is in multiplayer. Player A doesn't like triple hybrids and doesn't want to play with them, Player B wants to bring one. A host game option to ban triple class hybrids from joining the host server would address that issue.

Less constructively: I don't care what choices other players make for the customization settings in their single player games and I don't understand why any other players would, either. The only party that should really care about that at all is Soldak itself from a game design perspective. Options for settings are one of the best features of Soldak games. More options are good if Soldak is willing to add them, and they are the judge of that. From where I sit, if Soldak is willing to consider it, great! If they cannot or will not add it for their own reasons, that's fair, they would be the ones doing the work to implement it and QA it. I am not a coder and do not know how much work it would take to do. It doesn't hurt to ask after it as part of the beta feedback period, though.

It is possible I am misreading you and if so I apologize, but I do not currently see any other way to take the tone of your disagreement. I tend to be a bit irritated when gaming community members seem to assert that there is a 'correct' way to play the single player side of a game, when the only party with any platform to make statements about that is the developers themselves. I also have difficulty with a fellow player appearing to present the concept that a proposed option should not be allowed to exist in the base game because the obvious 'braindead' choice, which somehow becomes a mandatory unavoidable requirement, is to power-game and max-min as far as the game mechanics will let you - including the new option if it is added. Nothing is being done to you and nothing is being taken away by adding another optional choice. The reason I think a crushing penalty significantly higher than -25% XP isn't justified is that many individual skill trees have overlapping skills, and players may try weird combinations for variety's sake that are not particularly effective or efficient. Power-gamers will power-game regardless and abuse every feature that can be abused. I don't believe we should point at them and say 'This is why we can't have nice things' to dismiss proposals that would be beneficial to everyone else. I am thinking about having options available for everyone else and made the proposal in that spirit.

You made the choice of setting hardcore, loner, and ego - triple hybrid is just another choice that you could refuse to take as part of ensuring an increased challenge, if you really think it would make the game too easy regardless of the penalty for it. Turning this around on you - to make your game even more challenging, you could always take the same 3 skill selections as one of the base classes to just to add the penalty on top of everything else you do, with no benefit!

Tuidjy
04-07-2016, 03:50 PM
There is a huge difference between playing with a mod that makes the game much easier for you and trying to convince the developers to make that mod part of the native game.

The former affects no one but the one using the mod. The latter affects everyone playing the game, if only because the balance has shifted, and the developers have to decide whether they will balance the game for the old power curve, or for easy mode.

Triple hybrids is just that - easy mode. The 25% experience penalty is laughable. By using the third set to add a cloak to melee/priest hybrids or a shield to rogue/wizard hybrids, you will negate that penalty on level 5 (+25% experience items) and crush it into the ground by level 50 (+180% experience items)

The challenge in playing hybrids is to try and find a pair of skillsets that builds on each other, while not leaving a glaring weakness. The most exciting square hybrids (weaponmaster, assassin, fire mage) are an exercise in risk taking. Add a defender as a third skillset, and they become a no-brainer. For any build that is tough enough, magician provides additional defense and a cheap way to get out of trouble. For any melee build, fire mage adds a game changer with Flame Shield. Etc, etc, etc...

You can have a discussion whether hybrids or classes are more powerful, and I have. You cannot have a discussions about triple hybrids, and I'll miss the opinions of those that choose them.

So, as far as I am concerned, I see not qualitative difference, only a quantitative one, between a mod that makes all levels of all skills cost 1 skill point, and triple hybrids. Sure, one only wounds balance, the other throws it into a wood-chipper. But they both change the game in a way that I think is unnecessary, and harmful.

And in general, I hardly care about experience penalties and bonuses. I enjoy the process of playing Soldak's games, and for me, it is about survival, and victory. Whether it takes me ten sectors or twenty, it does not matter. The best part is always the one while I am slowly exploring a dangerous system/region on the edge of my seat, as opposed to the one where I twiddle my thumbs, waiting for the items to fall on the ground to see whether there's anything worth picking up.

Faceless
04-08-2016, 12:08 AM
Again, I do not agree. I acknowledge and appreciate that you really, really do not like the idea. I believe we have reached a point where there is no reason to continue on this topic, as it seems to me our outlooks are fundamentally irreconcilable on a basic level.

I intend that statement in this spirit: if I responded more directly to your points, you could safely assume that for 90% of it I would say "I acknowledge you have an opinion on that point, but I disagree with the basic underlying premises involved in how you value and present the point". We are not even on the same wavelength about what is acceptable and what is a problem, and to keep going would be to waste space on this thread to no constructive purpose or outcome.

My intent was to leave feedback and make suggestions to Soldak, not to turn the feedback thread into an argument about triple hybrids. Responding to you directly was against my better judgment, and I am sorry to see that my initial concern about that was confirmed. I wanted to ask Soldak about it and I did. Asking doesn't hurt. It is up to them and that is the bottom line for me.

Every time you get close to convincing me that you may at least have a valid opposing point based on the case you build, you do yourself a disservice by making appeals to a personal authority you do not have for the dual purpose of trying to further justify your position while at the same time preemptively dismissing any further response. This doubly reinforces my perception that there is no point in continuing our discussion on this topic. You are just another person that bought the game. You don't agree with the suggestion and cite mechanics and numbers for your counterpoint. That part is fine. However, I do not recognize that you have any special authority to declare the developer should not be asked about a suggestion outside your personal interpretation of how the game should be, or that you would have the authority to dismiss the suggestion out of hand by asserting that it cannot be discussed here at all. Soldak can tell me that. The moderator can tell me that. I will listen to them. Not you, though. I'll miss your opinions too. Have a nice day.

Tuidjy
04-08-2016, 01:03 AM
You can have a discussion whether hybrids or classes are more powerful, and I have. You cannot have a discussions about triple hybrids, and I'll miss the opinions of those that choose them.
I have trouble believing that the above can be misunderstood to mean that I presume to forbid you from discussing triple hybrids. I meant that there is no discussion to be had about whether triple hybrids are superior to currently existing characters - any of them is superior to any hybrid that uses a subset of its skillsets, and thus there is nothing to discuss.

But you choose to read it in a way that was obviously not intended, and use it as proof that I claim any authority beyond familiarity with the game.

One thing you are correct about, though. There is no point in further discussion.

Throwback
04-13-2016, 08:07 PM
I want to give some general feedback, having played on and off since very early beta:

The game has continually and substantially improved:
- The UI is better, but still not perfect (I can't stress how important it is to keep working on it).
- The world is better. Making bosses more active, changing vendor rates, adding the zombie bar, fixing bugs, changing difficulty - all great changes
- towns are better (but not perfect). Quests from clan members is very cool and gives a sense of attachment.
- character designs are great in my experience. I'm playing a defender/riposte build and it took me 4-5 tries to figure out how to do it. I'm now level 27 and loving it!
- NPC clans have become more and more unique - very cool

As in any game, there are still some things I would like to see:
- more attachment to the town. I don't know how, but 95% of the time my visits to town are to the crafting table. Perhaps more in-town quests? Make conversations give NPCs 1 point of happiness if they have the 'chat' icon?
- Acid. Acid sucks, it can be very difficult to avoid for melee characters. I guess it's probably intentional.
- Beholders - the ones I am running into don't cast any spells, despite their description saying that's what they do. Perhaps I am running into a crap variety with no magic?
- adventuring party. Why do enemies always attack my sword & shield wielding NPCs instead of me? I do the most damage even with just auto-attacks. Taunt doesn't seem to do much to help. Pretty annoying on my character designed to benefit from being attacked.
- cost of NPC clan abilities. Maybe I'm missing some easy way of making money, but these things cost a fortune. An obvious one is the Hunter clan (can't recall name) - why does food of all things cost so much, especially when you need to buy large amounts to have any real effect? Paying for rumours is so expensive that even buying one will cripple me - and it's not even a guaranteed effect.

GTD-Carthage
04-15-2016, 01:20 PM
Hi, guys! Recently got Zombasite too to check out what Soldak is working on and, hey, this game's like a rolling-up together of several Soldak games - and I like it!

I do have some feedback - I was supposed to write something long but I decided to rephrase them as some of them just happen to go out-of-date on subsequent playthroughs, so I'll just get to some points:

* This is definitely the best looking Soldak game yet, especially with the improved wilderness and dungeon looks! On the matter terrain variety, I do feel though that it's mostly focused on biomes with a lot of foiliage.
--How about some more barren locations like mountains and canyons that just use a whole lot of rocks in place of foiliage? (the game does have a lot of rock models already! Including the ones used in dungeons too!)
--Perhaps we could have destroyed cities too? These zones could just use models that already exist, mixing town structures, objects, and some dungeon walls! Gotta have formerly-densely-populated locations to emphasize the zombie apocalypse, you know! While other leftover towns already exist, they all have the same functional layout - a walled village with stuff in the center - a city layout that follows the maze-like natural areas would add a bit more flare, I feel.
* The Donate to Clan feature is absolutely great, and makes managing a large clan practically possible. I do feel though, maybe there's something along the lines of a button to donate all your carried unequipped items too in as much as we already have an Identify All?
* How about a Repair All button too? It's a bit more difficult now, having to pick between Armor and Grindstones and picking your way through your equipment list, especially when using those items on max durability items, upgrades them further and costs you those ingredients.
*When clan members produce equipment outside of their crafting quests, they just whisk it directly into your inventory and in the middle of a fight, and it's easy to miss. Maybe there's a clan rewards chest where you can retrieve the produced items instead? My inventory fills up with Empty Bottles quite frequently!
*When a raid on your fortress is over, everyone who pretty much died will fill your screen with cluttered equipment. Maybe there's a way to easily clean clutter left on your fortress floor after a raid is over? I have no idea what to suggest on this though, but I do feel like your clanmates could try picking some of them up themselves?

Now on to a bug:
* I noticed an instance of creatures spawning right under corners of dungeon walls. Even after stepping right beside them, the game tells me they're not in my line of sight, so I can't interact with them. Stepping right into their square let's me do something though, but it's not quite acceptable as a ranged character...

I'll try to issue more feedback soon, but Zombasite is an extremely, very solid game - definitely far more difficult than Din's or Drox. ;)

Throwback
04-19-2016, 08:58 AM
I can't put a marker on the map where I am standing, which is bizarre since where else would I want to put a marker?

My clan members know what is happening in other clans. It doesn't really bother me but it is weird.

Please can I have the option to turn off the NPCs in my party talking? Really irritating when they are forever claiming kills (even ones I made!).

Throwback
04-19-2016, 09:16 AM
Also I have feedback on a sword&board riposte build warrior.

The skills I am using for my Level 30 riposte build are:

1 x accuracy (1 pt) could probably do without, but 1 point for 20% accuracy on my 10s cooldown skills is too good to pass up.
1 x adrenaline (2 pts) - essential or I have basically 0 DPS for gates, town raids and bosses.
3 x sword mastery - essential for passive hit chance and damage, I think.
1 x Blood lust lvl (1 pt) - not strictly necessary, could probably do without.
4 x Focus: Absorb Damage - of the available Focus options, this is all I use as infection is so difficult to avoid on melee.
4 x Enrage: 22 points in this and I get 0.4 seconds of no skill usage, it's basically useless. I get threat, but at my level it is not high enough and enemies often attack my party members instead of me. Enemies get -defence which I guess is nice, but considering how limited this skill is it simply isn't enough. This skill *may* be fine if you heavily invest in it, but I don't actually think I could survive without investing in lots of other skills. I would definitely like this skill to be buffed.
1 x Multi-strike: This should be a 1-point wonder at 10 skill points, but the damage it is putting out looks a lot less than 1/3. Are armour calculations being made twice perhaps? i.e. once on 1st monster, once on the monster who has been 'splashed'. I honestly don't feel it's working correctly.
6 x shield bash: Honestly this skill is atrocious but absolutely necessary when gimping your DPS by taking a shield. It's decent damage, but 10 seconds cd is an eternity. I think there may be items which give reduced skill cooldown...that is the only way it will become good. The silence is nice, don't get me wrong. It's just that by taking this skill I sacrifice points which I could otherwise use for DPS etc.
2 x Block: Near-guaranteed riposte, essential but if I ever get high enough defense I may drop this. The extra survival is great.
4 x Shield mastery: obvious since I am doing a riposte build
3 x Blocking: obvious
2 x Parry: obvious
2 x Riposte: This is a fun skill and I like it a lot. Once I get the chance to level it, I have no doubt it will be very good. One issue is that it's extremely hard to get to a high level, meaning the stun scales down to the point it is basically worthless. The reason it's (currently) hard to level is because you have to make a massive skill investment elsewhere. This is because:
You need high defence to get lots of blocks - 3 defence skills is nice for this;
You need good armour since you are melee;
you NEED decent basic attack damage. The reason for this is so you can use adrenaline + acid flask to take out big things, which is I think the most skill efficient way to do it. Gates also are horrible with low DPS, not because they are dangerous but because they are boring to whale at;
You need taunt (in theory). Then everyone attacks you, you get lots of blocks and wreck everyone with your multistriking riposte. Of course taunt and multistrike aren't great (not at my level at least) so it doesn't actually work like this 99% of the time.

I put all my stat points into str, dex and vitality, with a tiny amount in intelligence as needed. This is core to the build as otherwise I can't get high attack/defence, or use any of the good 1-hand swords. Luckily my build is extremely light on mana use. Vitality is my highest stat to lessen the odds of being infected.

On rotation for levelling up I have 5 different skills: Sword mastery (essential); Enrage (pretty worthless but in concept essential); Shield bash; 1 of the 3 defence skills; and Riposte. It feels like it is too much, but I am surviving so perhaps it is well balanced.

At level 30 I am finally getting 8 skill points per level. Very interested to see if it becomes easier to focus on my important skills with a bit more skill 'income' and now that they are all starting to even out in cost.

Tuidjy
04-19-2016, 03:29 PM
Personally, I prefer focusing on a few skills as possible. I just hit level 100 with a second character, and as opposed to the first one, this one is highly focused on melee offense. With 20,000+ DPS and guaranteed crushing criticals, he does not have to overemphasize defense... he only spent 1/6 of his skill points on defensive skills, as opposed to the first character, who used 4/5 of her skill points on them.

But basically, all points are spread in six skills - two weapon skills, two damage buffs, one melee attack, and one defense buff. He hits in a AoE for 30,000 damage against level 100 monsters with average armor. Only highly armored bosses may require a second swing.

I'll make a longer post, once I have taken some screenshots... unless of course, he dies meanwhile.

Throwback
04-19-2016, 06:09 PM
Personally, I prefer focusing on a few skills as possible. .

I would love to do this, but I I need high defence to trigger blocks/parries in order for riposte to become available.

I could possibly skip shield bash and I could definitely skip Engrage as it is currently. I think everything else is fairly efficient though. All of my skills beyond the 5 main ones are 1 or 2-point wonders.

DanSota
04-20-2016, 01:36 AM
Just gonna give my 2 cents real quick on triple hybrids being added to the game at default. The only way I can see that working is if the other classes all got a fourth skill tree to still be better. That would be tricky to figure out what to add, I myself have had struggles making my own personal classes and trying to plan out balanced skills that make sense for just one tree, let alone three of them. I think it would be easier to just slightly buff the base values for damage increases per strength and such only for the hybrid classes. That way, they are a bit stronger and more stable to play with, but still lack a third skill tree and thus have limits to their potential.

sourdust
04-20-2016, 11:20 PM
I really like the idea of triple hybrids, but to maintain balance a triple hybrid character should have a "tragic flaw" as well, randomly selected at the point of character creation. These should be very harsh disadvantages, like "missing one arm" or "faints at sight of own blood" or "a bit stupid" (lower skill point acquisition, not just XP penalty!), etc.

sourdust
04-20-2016, 11:27 PM
On a separate note, I feel that the skill trees are not reaching their full potential in this game. Basically they are still the Din's Curse skill trees, which are focused almost entirely on combat. But Zombasite is more multidimensional that DC, meant to incorporate diplomacy, town management and a somewhat more sophisticated quest system. Accordingly there should be skills that relate to these aspects of the game. Skills that improve diplomatic relations, improve food, slow down the zombie threat bar or the pace of nemesis activity, improve town defences, etc etc. How about abilities that automatically inflict damage on any bad guys in your town? Or that improve happiness / decrease insanity / detect infections in your townspeople / improve expeditions etc etc!

Some of these could be tacked on to existing skills, others could be entirely new skills.

Throwback
04-27-2016, 03:14 AM
Can you make it so that equipped weapons & armour can be upgraded Shadow?

I just recycled my best belt by accident because I had to remove it to put a socket in it. Totally my fault, but at least I can't destroy stuff that I'm wearing.

GTD-Carthage
04-27-2016, 09:40 AM
After cycling through a lot of members on my clans, I actually now tend to forget how many people craft potions, empty bottles, armors, etc.

Is it possible to add details about it perhaps under Advanced Clan Stats? For example, an additional line may read...

Jobs
Jewelers: 2
Weaponsmiths: 1
Beastmasters: 1
Quartermasters: 1

Something like that?

MindDefect
04-30-2016, 02:20 PM
I am overjoyed by how much this game evolving so quickly. Stuff like bounty hunters and new clans being started mid-game? More expeditions being added?

I'm about to get to playing this more again, but the one thing I think could be done to help the UI, is having an option, or outright disabling the need of identifying items. I know this would essential remove some NPC skills that help with identifying. I didn't have this stance at first, but this ain't just a ARPG game, and becoming even less so after each update (but then, that's also the reason why I love this game!)

For example, I like "identifying" in hardcore rougelikes, when there is the obvious risk of equipping a negative value item that can't be unequiped, then you have to gameplan a way to survive until you get that much needed uncurse scroll. But I don't think it's crucial for this game, especially with all the other stuff going on (zombie infections for instance..)

And one other suggestion to this regard, that could fix many interface problems. Now..... I also love how in Zombasite, you can go through tough up and downs, even lose multiple clan members at once in some battles, and still have a chance to get back up and win out in the end. Now it was mentioned before, but having an item junk yard of item drops can be overwelming for players and may force them to just quit and give up (though renegade drops have been reduced, so that helps).

So along with having items all pre-identified, having their properties show up from the start... Now, this maybe a big feature and huge undertaking to ask of Shadow at this point in development, but having an item's properties popup when you mouse over them on the ground (maybe not during combat or with enemys nearby) would be massively helpful!

Tuidjy
04-30-2016, 05:48 PM
I just pick everything up, period, and pay for identification, because it becomes very cheap with the right clan members. I need more crafting ingredients than I ever get, even with three transmuters in the clan.

I was actually hoping for a new type of expedition "collect all the items and transmute them", which would come very handy, IF it could target a recently destroyed clan seat. As incing on the cake, you could get set items and better dropped by the crafting board, instead of transmuted. Or even better, the members of the expedition could offer the items for equipping, before they transmute them.

It would come really handy at high levels, where genociding a clan leaves literally hundred of items lying around the deserted town.

MindDefect
04-30-2016, 06:22 PM
I just pick everything up, period, and pay for identification, because it becomes very cheap with the right clan members. I need more crafting ingredients than I ever get, even with three transmuters in the clan.

It's not that easy having to gather and maintain equipment for a whole clan as you make it sound, or is it? Haven't you been playing loner games lately?

I was actually hoping for a new type of expedition "collect all the items and transmute them", which would come very handy, IF it could target a recently destroyed clan seat. As incing on the cake, you could get set items and better dropped by the crafting board, instead of transmuted. Or even better, the members of the expedition could offer the items for equipping, before they transmute them.

This is a nice idea. But maybe it's just me, I just wish these raw materials could have a bit more use in game. Do they for you on the higher levels?

Though, I would actually like have some of these items for fellow clan members, considering that the most common raw materials are for just maintaining my own equipment. Maybe I haven't paid enough attention, but does a clan NPC actually have to use the raw materials listed at the crafting station to maintain their equipment? I always assumed they just magically kept them maintained..

Tuidjy
04-30-2016, 07:15 PM
It's not that easy having to gather and maintain equipment for a whole clan as you make it sound, or is it? Haven't you been playing loner games lately?
Yeah... but whenever I kill off one of them, which happens with an alarming regularity, I go back to some of my regular characters, which face 60+ enemy clans, and swim in loot.
This is a nice idea. But maybe it's just me, I just wish these raw materials could have a bit more use in game. Do they for you on the higher levels?
The last two have no use that I can see. There first five I never have enough until most of my guys reach level 100, and there is no need for constant improvement. Actually, I do not even bother maintaining the equipment of everyone - mostly it is just the gear of my two wingmen, and the weapons of the other three guys I take on raids. There are levels where I do not get enough crafting materials for the player character, let alone anyone else.
Though, I would actually like have some of these items for fellow clan members, considering that the most common raw materials are for just maintaining my own equipment. Maybe I haven't paid enough attention, but does a clan NPC actually have to use the raw materials listed at the crafting station to maintain their equipment? I always assumed they just magically kept them maintained..
The keep them repaired, but they do not upgrade them. Considering what a big difference upgrades make over time...

MindDefect
04-30-2016, 11:17 PM
My history playing roguelike or the like kind of games, I generally know it's better keeping yourself alive and not wasting so much time/weight/hunger ect., deciding if I either want the otherwise, exact same armor piece.. the one with lighting resistance or the one with fire resistance. Or feel the need to keep both on hand, even if I already am pretty stuffed on inventory space. Or have to check everything that I come across, even if I'm in a dire situation.

But not every player (or potential customer for this great game) manage their items the same way. Some players I will try to get to play this game on MP, are more OCD than others. Probably players used to playing less punishing/more relaxed ARPG type games.

Well, regardless of having the need to identify unique items, being able to view items stats without picking them up (especially at lower levels with little personal inventory space, where all new players will have to start anyway) I think could only help. Especially since items take longer to fade away when they are in towns, one can use the town floor as a little tempory stash, and be able to view what they are. Haven't played these games as much as others, but apparently Diablo III and Path of Exile both have this feature, and I'd would undoubtedly think it would be way more useful to have that feature in Zombasite than in those games (again I'm just guessing, but that's just from what little I have played and seen of those games).

For it to make sense to have that, while still having identifying, would probably be practical to add the ability to right click items that are on the ground. That could be slightly useful as well, for someone with a full inventory, for just quickly using one of the various potions (like vitality,strengh, or especially that magic item chance finding one), or a treasure map that's laying on the ground that someone would likely just want to use right away anyway. That would be even more work though for Shadow.

Tuidjy
05-01-2016, 01:49 AM
I seldom agonize over which piece is better. The thing is, for nearly the whole game, crafted weapons are hands down the best choice, and to get the best ones, it matters what you start with. (The same is true for armors, but while I am OCD enough to build the perfect weapon, I am not OCD enough to try for 10+ perfect pieces of armor)

In order to craft a better weapon, you need to start with a very special common or uncommon item, slot it, gem it, and then keep sharpening it on every level. So you need a ton of grindstones, so you need to transmute a lot of items. Well, if I am going to be lugging them home, I may as well spend some cash identifying them.

=============

Somewhat related suggestion: You know how you can use [<-] and [->] to choose whose equipment gets compared to the one under your cursor? I would really love it if one of the choice was "No one", so that I do not have to wonder which of the two items displayed is the one that I am looking at.

ScrObot
05-02-2016, 12:03 AM
MindDefect, for convenience reasons I ported my Drox mod that makes opening/identifying everything take a quarter of a second, and makes "Identify All" at the crafting table free. Not having to worry about that stuff makes my life much easier, and it doesn't feel too cheesy to me. :)

http://www.soldak.com/forums/showpost.php?p=79180&postcount=5

MindDefect
05-03-2016, 08:08 AM
MindDefect, for convenience reasons I ported my Drox mod that makes opening/identifying everything take a quarter of a second, and makes "Identify All" at the crafting table free. Not having to worry about that stuff makes my life much easier, and it doesn't feel too cheesy to me. :)

http://www.soldak.com/forums/showpost.php?p=79180&postcount=5

Thanks for that. Appreciate it. That's also what I like a lot about this game, is the ease to mod many aspects of it.

I'm trying to think abroad, for how in this age of gaming where minimalism in games is a bit more of the "thing" now. No, I'm NOT saying Zombasite should completely turn to minimalism!.. just limit how far it goes on the opposite end of the spectrum. Depending on the ARPG or rougelike-ish type game, having or not having the feature of "identifying items", works better for some of those games than others (some have it/some don't).

Again, I was never "for" removing the need to identify before, but I had a change of heart. How interesting/unique is the need to identify items, compared to all the other stuff this game has going for it? If cursed items were potentially way more harsh on the player, especially for blindly equipping them, I'd be more for it. It's just, in my opinion, I think the cool unique "other stuff" this game has going for it is what it could be showcasing to other people or potential customers trying it out. For a company selling a game, and the potential consumer, every second of trying a game out is valuable, in these ADHD times..

Throwback
05-04-2016, 03:10 AM
Thanks for that. Appreciate it. That's also what I like a lot about this game, is the ease to mod many aspects of it.

I'm trying to think abroad, for how in this age of gaming where minimalism in games is a bit more of the "thing" now. No, I'm NOT saying Zombasite should completely turn to minimalism!.. just limit how far it goes on the opposite end of the spectrum. Depending on the ARPG or rougelike-ish type game, having or not having the feature of "identifying items", works better for some of those games than others (some have it/some don't).

Again, I was never "for" removing the need to identify before, but I had a change of heart. How interesting/unique is the need to identify items, compared to all the other stuff this game has going for it? If cursed items were potentially way more harsh on the player, especially for blindly equipping them, I'd be more for it. It's just, in my opinion, I think the cool unique "other stuff" this game has going for it is what it could be showcasing to other people or potential customers trying it out. For a company selling a game, and the potential consumer, every second of trying a game out is valuable, in these ADHD times..

Fascinating post. Personally I think identifying *is* a useful and interesting game mechanic.

First, you use money for a variety of tasks (rumors & buying from clans come to mind). No cost for identifying means you have more money for these other things, so money drops would have to be rebalanced. Money would also seem more pointless if there were less things it was used for.

Second, clan members. Not sure which trait it is, but some members decrease identify costs - so it offers another way in which to customise your clan.

Third, time and location. You can identify on the run but that's time you aren't progressing towards completion of quests. So identify requirement either slows you down, or it sends you back to base and costs you money. This is really important! It makes your base more important, and it makes money more important. It creates attachment which is very valuable to gameplay.

Tuidjy
05-04-2016, 03:51 AM
For all it's worth, I also like having to pay for quick identification. I see the difference between a loner character and one supported by a slew of specialists. There are a few traits that reduce the cost: sage and quartermaster, and probably others. And usually trading with friendly clans is an easy return of investment.

With a loner, clans look down on you, and you have no specialists. Identifying becomes a challenge, or at least a risk, as I do most of it in the dungeon.

Throwback
05-04-2016, 06:09 PM
I'm starting to think zombie plaguebringers need changes.

1. Unlike amorphs (which are probably the most similar enemy), they have huge health, so they take a long time to kill.

2. On death they drop *4* parasites and acid. Parasites have a ranged attack and a high percentage chance to infect. They are sometimes hard to target as well. This is fine in small numbers, as they are easy to hit and have fairly low health.

3. They have a high 'spawn rate', in that any map they are in, they will be the major spawn, unlike amorphs which are always (in my experience) a minor spawn.

4. Stamina drain for running near enemies forces you to kill them.

Put all this together, and you have clusters of very high-health enemies which you must kill, which takes a long time (probably 3x or 4x any other enemy combination in a map...maybe even more). They then drop 4 ranged attackers (the animation takes a long time btw) and muddle the map enormously with acid. So you end up with and absolute mess of acid which your party will happily run through, with a huge number of ranged poison attackers and a high chance of being infected.

There's tons of them, they take a long time to kill, and they spawn 4 irritating ranged attacking enemies that require you to dodge or take acid damage because they won't ever come to you. I don't have an issue with their power - my issue is that they are not fun to encounter in any way, shape or form. They still massively suck on my level 40 riposte warrior.

Personally I would remove the zombie form from the game completely (make the base type unable to become a zombie). Less drastic measures would be: decrease the number of parasites spawning; dramatically lower their health; change the death spawn to acid OR parasites but not both; or remove parasites ranged attack (probably bad due to the need to balance melee & ranged characters).

At the absolute minimum, can you please heavily reduce their spawn rate in maps so that like amorphs, they are an uncommon enemy not 90% of the enemy.

As a side note, the non-zombie form is *extremely* rare to come across - so rare I don't even know the name for it. I have never seen it be the major monster in a map, which is something I am grateful for.

MindDefect
05-04-2016, 06:32 PM
Fascinating post. Personally I think identifying *is* a useful and interesting game mechanic.

First, you use money for a variety of tasks (rumors & buying from clans come to mind). No cost for identifying means you have more money for these other things, so money drops would have to be rebalanced. Money would also seem more pointless if there were less things it was used for.

Second, clan members. Not sure which trait it is, but some members decrease identify costs - so it offers another way in which to customise your clan.

Third, time and location. You can identify on the run but that's time you aren't progressing towards completion of quests. So identify requirement either slows you down, or it sends you back to base and costs you money. This is really important! It makes your base more important, and it makes money more important. It creates attachment which is very valuable to gameplay.

Good point about attachment to town, but I still think the general item-related attachment to town would still be intact, as a player still needs to get back to town to make use of the items for salvaging, equiping new doors/relics/guards, or seeing if a clan member want them. Along with other non-item reasons for going back to town, for fear of another attack or turning in side quests. And also, it's usually better anyway, to be in town or at least close enough to warp back quickly, while fudging with items and inventory (if not paused or playing multiplayer where you can't). I think "choosing" what your attachments at the current moment, based on all the random stuff that happens, is what this game can thrive on.

Think I'll stop nagging after this post about identifying (promise!), but I probably suddenly gone on about it, because I kind of suddenly felt a need of a tad bit less micro management or to make it more manageable, as development progresses. And maybe I'm doing this partly out of boredom :p

I think sourdust kind of hit the nail with his detailed feedback thread.. since I think this game is not going for being the best of the pure ARPG games, but something more, and something different. The main selling point of this game, all said and done, when this game gets polished, balanced and finished up for release, is about dealing with clans (your own and the others) and how a stuff can happen and be going on, and at times needing dire or quick player attention for an actual reason. It's not for being a stroll at your pace (unless pausing like..a lot!), events typically only trigger when you get there, typical ARPG. I wouldn't suggest this game to someone saying, "hey this is just like Diablo/POE etc, but better", as after they try it hearing that, they would probably end up dissapointed and frustrated.

Maybe not the greatest specific game examples, for these strategy management based games, but when I think of strategy management games, say the Civ games compared to say, Tropico (or the Capitalism or Caesar games? going father back in time.).. In Tropico it's basically your own colony you worry about, not like you share the map with other civs that need to be dealt with in someway. So game development wise, the Civ games then don't have all the same detailed micro management of the bread and butter aspect of those games like Tropico/Capitalism, which is ecomony/resource management (can't say Civ is a detailed war tactics or diplomacy game, I think you mostly need to manage things to get good military power and success, which is get and manage resources/wealth, hence economy/resource management)

The bread and butter of spending time on ARPGs, I think is mostly item managament. And since this game is spreading it's vision beyond the ARPG scope, in a lot of ways I think less could be more for smooth gameplay that can probably be a bit more mainstream catering, user compatiblity-wise. Don't get me wrong, I think good strides have been made so far... I love all the in-game help and the frequent patches are making some things in this regard better, but nothing will change the fact that this game uses a higher amount of clicking/hotkey using, than your usual Diablo clone (that might only have a few important/unique features compared to this).

So what can be suggested to have item management be more streamlined? Well I suggested already in another post about how even POE and Diablo 3 have the feature of viewing items properties of items that haven't been picked up yet, by having the cursor on it ("ctrl" key in those games?), while it's still on the ground. This game relies a bit on context pop up's already, so I would think that could be a possibility? I can see holding the middle mouse button or another key for that, or having it as on option in the menu for item stats to only show when not in battle, OR a step further and have it as the third toggle for the ALT key (have an "x" icon show when showing items is off, like its now on the lower right, but also have an "item" looking icon for when item names to show up is toggled, and then also an "item" looking icon with maybe with a little white bubble beside it meaning items would show along with stats, when the cursor hovers over them.

I think it would be useful even for the common items like doors/guards/relics (especially in a game where you are getting attacked a lot and they need replacements or backup versions to store.. also hoping guards could maybe get more valuable/important in the coming patches, now that expeditions made just to aquire them, is now a feature), just to see if they are good enough to even be worth having, as they usually don't give out the better stuff for salvaging.

To keep identifying around, can also having the option of right clicking to interact with things on the ground, would then go along with being able to see the item properties as well, without the need of open inventory space for that moment, or a click-click-click moment of just putting an item on the ground you don't want afterall. If a player has an important quest, to fix the poisioned water supply, while they are low on food..or their most powerful clan member has some disease that needs a cure within minutes (these maybe unfortunate things, but they are the special moments which is what EXACTLY make this game what it is! Like a story generator of the ups and downs you go through, to maybe even prevail in the end..), a player might not want to feel the game nudges them to head back to town right whenever they get a full inventory. I don't think they'd want to feel that they have a difficult time not being able to peek or glance here and there, as quickly and conveniently as possible, at any potentially great item drops, while on there way doing their heroric deed or clutch quests to save their clan and their game... Especially for players that are more OCD inclined (for lack of a better phrase..), skipping past all these item drops maybe torture for some, but I feel all players should be able to go through experiences of desperate instances or perils like this, to see the best this game showcases.

Ok, I've said and rambled way more than enough on this matter.. Also probably need some medication :D

Tuidjy
05-04-2016, 07:38 PM
I'm starting to think zombie plaguebringers need changes.*snip* They still massively suck on my level 40 riposte warrior.

Your character is a warrior. Warriors have whirlwind. Whirlwind costs eight skill points. Eight skill points isn't much to pay for the ability to stand on the body, wait for it to pop, and wipe all four critters with one swing.

Every class has one or more ways to deal with tiny, annoying critters. Warriors have the second best one. I do not think that the game should be re-balanced so that one could breeze through it with any build, including one that omits a tool that is custom made to deal with what supposedly needs re-balancing.

By the way, the only class that has a legitimate complaint about dealing with multiple opponents is the priest, and that's only at low levels, because at high levels, with the right equipment, his Holy Symbol is devastating.

In order of ease of dealing with chaffe:
Death knight: Slaughter and half a dozen others, eclipsed by it
Warrior: Whirlwind or multi-strike, or even quake strike at higher levels)
Demon hunter: Flame strike is devastating against bunched up enemies, and Ravage will do for anything else
Wizard: Frost Nova or Fire Maelstrom, or even Arcane Swarm
Conjurer: Tornado is simple and brutally effective. The combination of Bone Shatter, Corpse explosion and Blood Sacrifice has to be seen to be believed
Ranger: Multishot is best, but exploding arrows or some of the traps will work if you emphasize that approach
Rogue: Slice hits only two targets, but it is so incredibly fast, cheap and easy to improve that it is more than enough.
Priest: Holy Symbol, and not much else, but with the right equipment, its scary good.

Throwback
05-04-2016, 10:27 PM
Honestly I don't have a lot of trouble on my level 40 warrior, they are just irritating and slow me down a lot, because they don't attack me much so I don't get many ripostes. I also can't hang with the parasites much due to relatively low armour (see my lack of points in an earlier post about riposte). Whirlwind + 2-hander is an option, I will check it out.

I think my main issue is the level 10-20 hump. I am level 12 on a frenzy warrior, meaning I haven't found a good weapon yet (yes, I have been upgrading the best one I have found), which means they take *forever* to kill. Couple that with basically my lack of resists (level 12...), no aoe (level 12, 4 skill points/level) and 0 defence (frenzy), and these guys slow progress to an absolute crawl - especially in groups around something ilke a lightning tower...

If they were an uncommon mob like amorphs or their non-zombie form I wouldn't have anywhere near the issues that I do.

So maybe I'm complaining that at around level 10, new mobs such as the plaguebringer are introduced, but the gear to effectively deal with them doesn't exist.

Also I do feel that zombie plaguebringers are too common and slow down progress too much (which is important when the world is effectively getting harder based on time).

MindDefect
05-05-2016, 05:31 AM
4. Stamina drain for running near enemies forces you to kill them.

Speaking a stamina, some kind of distinct visual cue for when stamina completely drains, could be a nice touch, and maybe even have one for when it's recharged.

From my experience, I'd say having a multi-hit or spread attack skill is a must, like Tuidjy pointed out brilliantly. I think as you move up levels, if still without having a skill to combat those little critters, it can probably end up impossible!

Throwback
05-05-2016, 09:37 AM
It's easier as you get higher actually.

My level 40 warrior doesn't have an aoe skill, and doesn't really have any trouble. There are 2 reasons imo:

1. Clan members don't allocate stats to intelligence, meaning they end up with godlike health pools. Acid and poison do almost nothing to them.

2. At 40, you definitely have a weapon that is appropriate for your level and the content (or better). At levels 10-15, the opposite is true. The monsters are all working from the same base, but you are still waiting for something half-decent to drop.

Hobo elf
05-05-2016, 11:12 AM
It's easier as you get higher actually.

Yes, I agree with this. This is my experience with Soldak games in general. They start off easy, but not so easy so that you can be in auto pilot mode. Then toward the teens and 20's things start to get rough. Loot drops are not so great and I constantly feel starved for skill points, but after a certain level and after getting a powerful item or two, it becomes smooth sailing and never stops being like that for the rest of the game, disregarding some really unlucky champion monster rolls (like, if it happens to have some REALLY nasty affixes, although I have not encountered anything that I'd deem impossible in Zombasite so I think this has been improved).

MindDefect
05-06-2016, 02:42 AM
I guess I wouldn't know up to around 40lvl or higher, as I have yet to get a character that high since I'm starting new characters a lot and using semi hardcore most of the time...

One request for the quest screen, is to have the nice "show local quests only' toggle, like the diplomacy quest screen has.

Throwback
05-13-2016, 05:29 AM
I've just had a saved game become corrupted for the first time.

I quit it because it was getting choppy (which it never has before), and now it won't reload.

I haven't started a new world with this character yet, though I think I will be able to because I can load up worlds for other characters.

Shadow
05-13-2016, 10:57 AM
You might want to hold off making a new game with that character. The next build (hopefully today), might fix the loading problem.

vegeto079
05-14-2016, 10:29 AM
Speaking of corrupted saves, in our group of players the one with the worst latency (~200-300ms ping) has gotten two corrupted saves now.

Not sure what caused the first one, but on the second one after a raid he would press the 'end raid' button and it wouldn't end, although it'd teleport him to his town.

He then later saved&quit, and now his SP crashes if he loads it, or MP host crashed if he joins.

Is there a way to get these saves in working order again?

Castruccio
05-14-2016, 05:19 PM
Would it be possible to get the cooldown of the Wizard's "Ice Armor" skill lowered from 5 minutes? That is a VERY long cool down for an ARPG (so long that the skill isn't worth using). To top it all off, the skill only has a 1 minute duration (compare that to fireshield's 10 minute duration).

I'm not sure why 5 minutes was the magic number on the cooldown for this skill.

Shadow
05-14-2016, 10:33 PM
Is there a way to get these saves in working order again?

The best thing for him to do is email me the save game files so I can see what is going on.

MindDefect
05-14-2016, 10:37 PM
Want to get a bit into more into the interaction of clans, which hasn't been discussed all too much. Been playing more lately and I really think it would be cool that triggering a raid would cost expedition points (could be less than 50 points? 25?), and could prevent early game hitting and running. By definition it's just as much an expedition as well, and it could maybe make clan management more interesting.

Also, I know work probably has to be done on AI, since just recently AI clan health stones being destoryed finally kills off the clans.... but AI clans that are raiding the player, are fooled by the player just simply triggering a raid on them, and they will fall back even if they have your healthstone health low. They obviously should only come back if they have their health stone in worse shape then yours, to put it simply.

Was also thinking that defending against raids (especially for the AI's sake more than the players) that they and the player should have more defensive options to set up. I was thinking maybe if one could have traps (like the ones in the wilderness and dungeons) that setup inside the town that stay until triggered by enemys. This would also encourage setting up outside defenses better because you wouldn't want to just have no doors/guards and just let a small monster attack trigger these traps, especially if a powerful enemy clan raids you right afterwareds. These traps could either disappear and you would have to get more, or they can just have a long enough cooldown time.

Maybe guards or doors can have enhancements that put randomly placed traps in town? Rogue NPCs could have a skill for them in some way. As you can see I haven't thought much on how to go about setting them up...

(now that I think about it, the setting of traps in a town could kind of fit the Zombie aspect feeling... it would kind of make sense to have traps out for the zombies that could creep to a town during the night or for town members mysteriously turning undead)

MindDefect
05-14-2016, 10:53 PM
Also as far as bugs, one serious one involves when the game crashes (via a system crash, overheating or power outage for instance) at times that can break the character save file for good, though not every time. At one point I was having weird issues with my video card causing my system to be unstable and this happened more than once. It can also do this from a sudden disconnect for a client if they lose internet connection.

Castruccio
05-15-2016, 11:28 PM
Is there somewhere in game where it shows what bonuses the clan luminary receives? I see the new addition of the happiness of the NPC being highlighted in green, but I am still not clear on what being a clan luminary does for an NPC.

Tuidjy
05-15-2016, 11:53 PM
Is there somewhere in game where it shows what bonuses the clan luminary receives? I see the new addition of the happiness of the NPC being highlighted in green, but I am still not clear on what being a clan luminary does for an NPC.Find a luminary, select him as your target, and look at the status effects under his health bar. The 'Luminary' effect is green. Mouse over it, and read the bonuses.

http://i.imgur.com/KSCMeH2.jpg

Actually, here are the current effects. I have to say, though, that with the new happiness penalties, only very, very few clan members can remain luminaries unless they remain safely at home. Gone are the days of having luminaries assist you in combat, for at least 99% of the recruits. Among the 40 or so clan members that my level 100 characters have handpicked, there is exactly one that remains a luminary while adventuring. This is more like one in 1000, considering how many recruits produced those 40 select clan members.

magusdl
05-16-2016, 12:03 AM
Been playing with my brother as a necro/shaman, and noticed a few bugs related to the Raise Dead skill.

- Your raised creatures won't join in a raid, making yourself useless.

- If you raise a clan member, it will keep the clan name, and won't attack his old friends.

- If an NPC necro raises an allied clan member, it will attack you but you can't attack back (normal npc necro raised one of our allies, and neither me or my brother could attack him).

And finally a request to be able to unsummon a chosen creature.

Then there are some multiplayer related bugs.

- After logging out and in again twice in his hosted game, all my clan members went insane, and destroyed everything. They were all happy and the one with most insanity was 60 something. I can't reproduce this, but I remember the sound disappeared (only music was working) I restarted the game and this happened.

- When someone declares war and starts raiding our allies, we can't attack the invaders, even being at war, but they can attack us. We can still raid and fight them normally elsewhere.

- The tooltips for the "under attack" icons are often misleading. It says monster X is attacking my brother's clan name, when it's actually attacking me.

- The NPC's demand us to break our treaties (us players) sometimes, it's annoying and I think that would result in a bug if we accepted.

- The tooltip when you hover your mouse over a server in "local servers" still refers to sector and ship.

vegeto079
05-16-2016, 01:35 AM
As much as I love having all these powerful buffs..

Found a bug/exploit: if you use any of the buff skills in the Dark Templar (Dark Knight) tree and remove the skillpoints, the buff remains. You can do this to get all buffs active at once as they aren't removed.

If the buff would just get removed when you change (up/downgrade) the spell it would fix it. Not sure if there are similar buffs that are active that you cast but if there is it probably can be exploited the same.

Tuidjy
05-16-2016, 02:14 AM
This is a rather expensive exploit. It takes a lot of cash to take skill points away from a skill, especially at higher skill levels. When the shield exploit was fixed, I used about 40 golds to move my points from the shield buff into the armor buff. Not something you can do even once every region.

vegeto079
05-16-2016, 02:19 AM
Ah. We removed the cost as to learn the game, encouraging trying out different things. Still a bug that it remains either way, though.

Castruccio
05-16-2016, 08:53 AM
Find a luminary, select him as your target, and look at the status effects under his health bar. The 'Luminary' effect is green. Mouse over it, and read the bonuses.

Hugely helpful. Thanks a lot. Maybe a Clan Luminary tool tip should pop up the first time an NPC gets it. As for not being able to adventure with them anymore, that is definitely s problem that should be fixed since they get so many good combat bonuses.

Tuidjy
05-16-2016, 07:02 PM
The way things are right now, there are some traits that are so negative that they make characters absolutely not worth keeping. There is no hope for someone who is anti-social, jealous, sadistic, violent, hostile, aggressive, or brooding. Some will turn everyone else against themselves, other will beat up their neighbors, and finally some will just descend into depression. And they will all poison the whole clan. I have gotten a few of these with skills tat I absolutely wanted.... but even if you try to stuff them constantly with food, and keep them alone in a corner, eventually they do bad. Now, with the new rules, you cannot even take them outside to cool down.

There are way too many traits that do not have the positives that should go with the negative. Violent, sadistic, bullying and aggressive members, for example, should get happiness for kills, and thus be happy to adventure. The nerves of steel and other brave traits should maintain happiness while adventuring, not just have frankly useless bonuses to morale. Why useless? Because morale drops have reasons that are better addressed, as opposed to hoping for a trait that will negate them. I.e. get rid of the NPC's fear, or equip him so that he is not taking damage, etc....

I do not mind the new happiness rules, but as it right now, it is a race to the bottom. Sure, you can keep everyone in the 50-100 range... if you do not have any problems, and you do not start in a burned out town, and if you do not actually make people work hard, or make themselves useful outside the clan seat. About 1 in 1000 can be happy while being productive and that is insane.

Basically, I am saying that there should be traits that make people happy while being useful. Intellectuals should be happy when lore is found, when artifacts are unearthed and when enchantments/identification/improvements are made. Having friends should make people happy, and having a husbad/wife even more so. There should be people who like working hard and producing stuff, and there should be people who like adventuring, at least for a while.

Right now, I am finding it easier to adventure solo with my level 100 characters... who have clans of dozens of hand picked clan members, and just one single member who can gravitate around 150 while adventuring. Of course, she had to be a commoner.